Landry traded to Browns for 2018 4th 2019 7th | Page 55 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry traded to Browns for 2018 4th 2019 7th

Taylor is just a rental to start for the year while they groom whomever they draft in the 1st.
Not sure why you rent a Taylor for a year. At 0-16 last year, this upcoming year has to better....but certainly not good. There are cheaper options if you just want a guy to be your quarterback for a maximum of one year. And if you are looking to have a player you draft in the first to come in for Taylor before the end of the year, you sign or trade a traditional drop back passer so you can run the same offense when he comes in.

Wasn’t it rumored that the Bears (and maybe one other team) were offering a 2nd round pick around the trade deadline last year?

If there’s even a glimmer of truth to that, then I can’t think of a worse indictment on the disturbing decision-making of this front office. This one will sting for a long time.
Just a rumor.

Just a rumor.

I know, that’s why I used the word rumor. My point being, generally with a lot of that stuff: where there’s smoke, there’s some fire.

Some speculation on my part, but I think there was something to those rumors. Even further, I think that Miami gambled they could do better or that they would be able to sign him in the eleventh hour (if need be).

It’s water under the bridge now, obviously, but I’m extremely disappointed in the way that they handled the whole ordeal. I’m really happy that we scored Robert Quinn (when healthy, he’s a bonafide beast), but it’s a bittersweet taste of addition by subtracting one of the brightest stars the Fins have drafted in a while.

He is NOT a star,he is a slot wr who excels in 5yd gains on 3rd and 8.wr screens and pointless penaltys.Im glad he is gone
Spread his catches out and develop the running game and maybe we score more than 15 pts a game,control the clock,
keep the def. off the field and oh yeah save 16 mil.per year.So long Jarvis,good luck and dress warm LOL

Who drew up those short patterns and WR screens on 3rd and 8? Not Landry.

It’s not like Jarvis ran into the huddle and is like, “No, scratch that play. This is what we’re gonna do - throw me a bubble screen on 3rd and long the whole game!”

The players execute the calls that the coach sends into the huddle. I’m not seeing how that is Jarvis Landry’s fault, but moreso vanilla and unimaginative design by Adam Gase.

However there's also a chance if they offered him that deal he might have turned it down too, if he figured he would get a lot more this season. I'm just saying we can't assume Landry, or any player, would have signed an offer last season. Do we really know what they offered him last year when the two sides could not agree on a deal?
They didnt offer Landry last year because he had one year left on his contract AND were convinced Parker was going to have a monster season. So they took the wait and see approach. This translated to Parker being Parker and Landry still being Landry.

The waiting game again failed.

It's pretty clear what happened here. The Dolphins had no intention of paying Jarvis 16 million this year. Jarvis called their bluff and signed it. Miami panicked and got the best they could for him. If we lived in South Korea and Kim Jong Un was a Dolphin fan, Mike Tannebaum And Steven Ross would be tormented and murdered.

Kinda like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor....:)

Then hopefully we can use these mid round picks we acquired to trade for other pro bowl players......right? (Sarcasim) I know thats not goina happen. We sure as **** aren't going to be drafting pro bowl players with these picks, knowing our history. Even when we do find one (ajayi) we trade them, so what's the point? Let's go get the best guard via trade with our new 4th round pick - Boom! Problem solved....other teams are doing it, why can't we? Apparently that's the trend right now so we should take advantage of it, right? (More sarcasim)
You simply refuse to accept reality, then.

Many of you believe you have the talent to out negotiate 31 other NFL GMs. Part of the reason he was valued relatively low is because of his contract demands. That is on Landry, not on the FO.
Some of you seem to take these things personal. Go find other diversions in your life. The incessant whining is getting old.
Professional sports should be entertainment and an escape from real stress and problems in life (as it is for me).
All your sarcasm directed at my post is just a poor reflection of your coping skills.

Wasn’t it rumored that the Bears (and maybe one other team) were offering a 2nd round pick around the trade deadline last year?

If there’s even a glimmer of truth to that, then I can’t think of a worse indictment on the disturbing decision-making of this front office. This one will sting for a long time.
The problem you have if you traded him last year was the fact that we were just coming off a 10-6 season and it sends a bad message to the locker room if you trade him then for just a 2nd round pick and I get that. I think people will be pleasantly surprised just how easy it will be to make up Landrys production. Grant should be able to replace some of the screen passes, a capable tight end should be able to cover some of the short routes, and people are forgetting about Ford coming back from the injury as he could be a possible slot receiver candidate. Landry is a very likeable player, and IMHO a player who's production can be quite easily replaced.

I wish the return we got was more but I can't fault us for not trading him last offseason on bit. Personally, I think we will be just fine. To steal a quote from Moneyball "I think it's a good thing we lost him, I think it opens up all kinds of possibilities".

Just having a positive spin on this, lord knows there is enough crying on the forum lately.

Back
Top Bottom