Landry's Hard Knocks Speech | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry's Hard Knocks Speech

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Warning: Lots of Profanity.

It's funny how everyone suddenly loves Landry the moment he leaves Miami. There really is a significant bias against Miami in the national media for some reason.

One thing I thought would not change with him when he got his big pay day was his passion for the game and passion with which he plays. Like him or not, he’s more the exception than the norm nowadays in that he’ll still go out and try and play like he’s had to earn every penny.

Landry looks like he’s doing quite well in Cleveland, for that I’m happy for him. I wish he would be more professional when talking about his time with Miami. I feel like he feels burt hurt and is holding a grudge and some of the stuff he says just isn’t true.

I'll just wait for the season. this is all just for the cameras anyway. Nobody here questioned his desire and love for the game.

But with all that came out about him not knowing his routes, being a distraction and his awful temper you could see why the team had enough. If he is not getting the ball during the games I don't doubt he will revert back to that form and the mask will come off.

Feel like he was talking directly to Devante Parker lol

Gonna miss that dude here. He played with a chip that this team has lacked for some time . . .and he backed it up with his availability and play.

Exactly what I was expecting. Using expletives a million times doesn't make a good football player.

The only thing missing at the end of that was the phrase "aaannnndd....cut!"
I was wondering how much time he spent practicing that speech the night before. I haven't watched Hard Knocks since the Dolphins were on but I would bet Landry will be the star of more than one episode before it concludes.

I wish he would have made himself available for reading the playbook or learning how to read an option route, but keep working on those one-handed catches bruh...grind on what you are already good at...lets not work on a weakness, only strengths...Is there a bigger poser then Landry?

Preaches working hard and being great, fails to improve weaknesses, fails to be a professional. Hart and soul, but fake as well.

Maybe when he said people in Miami don't appreciates **** maybe he was reading these forums. I always wondered if Landry really wasn't doing the right thing and hitting up the playbook and running the right routes than why did the Dolphins offer him 13.5 million? Or why didn't Gase ever bench him? Isn't that what coaches do? Andy Reid had no problem benching Owens...that's some weak sauce from Gase...you can call people out but not actually do anything actionable?

Last edited:
Maybe when he said people in Miami don't appreciates **** he was reading these forums. I always wondered if Landry really wasn't doing the right thing and hitting up the playbook and running the right routes than why did the Dolphins offer him 13.5 million? Or why didn't Gase ever bench him? Isn't that what coaches do? Andy Reid had no problem benching Owens...that's some weak sauce from Gase...you can call people out but not actually do anything actionable?

If you watch the games you can clearly see him make the wrong reads on option routes. No one doubts he played hard and worked hard, but he failed to improve where he needed to most. I saw it all the time when I coached. Players were viewed as great workers, but they loved working on what they were already good at. It is natural for a player to hate that feeling of failure working on a weakness...for many, it has been a long time since they experienced that.

You bring up Owens as if he was benched for poor play....the dude was benched for getting into a physical fight with a guy working in the front office...then proceded to challenge half the team to a fight. When people throw out **** like this without the context...this ****ing forum.

If you watch the games you can clearly see him make the wrong reads on option routes. No one doubts he played hard and worked hard, but he failed to improve where he needed to most. I saw it all the time when I coached. Players were viewed as great workers, but they loved working on what they were already good at. It is natural for a player to hate that feeling of failure working on a weakness...for many, it has been a long time since they experienced that.

You bring up Owens as if he was benched for poor play....the dude was benched for getting into a physical fight with a guy working in the front office...then proceded to challenge half the team to a fight. When people throw out **** like this without the context...this ****ing forum.

I'm not saying he was making the right reads, I'm asking where's the accountability? Why offer someone who is hurting the team by running the wrong routes a hefty contract? This dude was running the wrong routes but was never benched or reprimanded or anything besides a vague public call out. Instead he was going to be rewarded by being the highest paid WR on the team. Ajayi was a problem and they traded his ass mid-season, they didn't offer him a fat contract. Bill Belichick sat Malcolm Butler in the SB, but Landry was allowed to play all 16 games despite not doing the right thing...again weak sauce by our HC. Players need to know if your not in that playbook and your not not doing your job, you can go ahead and sit on that bench and watch their backup play. That's the message you want to send.

Maybe they can't suspend him but they could have sat him on the bench and inserted Grant or whoever else.

Back
Top Bottom