Landry's Hard Knocks Speech | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry's Hard Knocks Speech

I'm not saying he was making the right reads, I'm asking where's the accountability? Why offer someone who is hurting the team by running the wrong routes a hefty contract? This dude was running the wrong routes but was never benched or reprimanded or anything besides a vague public call out. Instead he we3as going to be rewarded by being the highest paid WR on the team. Ajayi was a problem and they traded his *** mid-season, they didn't offer him a fat contract. Bill Belichick sat Malcolm Butler in the SB, but Landry was allowed to play all 16 games despite not doing the right thing...again weak sauce by our HC. Players need to know if your not in that playbook and your not not doing your job, you can go ahead and sit on that bench and watch their backup play. That's the message you want to send.

Maybe they can't suspend him but they could have sat him on the bench and inserted Grant or whoever else.
from what I recall is he did improve for a brief period after the Thursday Night game. Even taking that charge against the raiders. But as the season winded down and our playoff hopes diminished, his attitude did as well. Check the Kansas city game where he was screaming at Gase. Or the criticism of Gase for not challenging his clear drop against the Pats. Or the brawl against Buffalo where he got thrown out. He only was in it for himself.

The dolphins tried to make it work and pay him more than what he was worth. Seeing him as the best slot receiver and their number 2 option. He wanted Antonio Brown money and that is ridiculous. His fragile ego will be the end of him, if he can't get it together

I was kind of stunned to see people talking about what a great speech this was, how it showed great leadership. What? It was a barely coherent rant of him projecting about how everyone else is a ***** and you all gotta be like Jarvis.

I feel like I'm on another planet if this is what passes for great leadership in 2018.

I was kind of stunned to see people talking about what a great speech this was, how it showed great leadership. What? It was a barely coherent rant of him projecting about how everyone else is a ***** and you all gotta be like Jarvis.

I feel like I'm on another planet if this is what passes for great leadership in 2018.

I agree, I had read on a bleacher report pop up or something that someone said he was going to have what would be considered the #2 speech all time or at least def top 5. im in the same boat, haven't watched hard knocks since the fins...never did before the fins. so I googled his speech and was like...wow that was just a locker room rant. I also never questioned his physical contributions and preparedness for his skill, no one could, even the biggest haters. but unless its a body building contest or football from the 70's the mental aspect has to be just as prepared for. and as far as contract goes, maybe they knew he'd balk at what the fins were offering, and that's what they were counting on, they didn't go too low with it so they didn't look completely ungrateful. or maybe im just giving the FO a little too much credit. I guess as always we wont know the outcome of any team decision until after week 17 so its just all jabber right now. but yes it wasn't an inspirational speech, just a long rant. I was reading somewhere on google and they were joking it talking about by the end of the season he will be apart of the "browns way" of doing things and quit caring as much. but wish him luck, enjoy your money, and why didn't you take omar with you?

LOL! hell it didnt even take to long before he lost the room... you can see the dude starts eating his snacks like who caaaaares

Best Hard Knocks moment ever. It was in the middle of a down pour and lightning storm vs TB I think.

:roflmao

Landry is an emotional guy and with his fat contract is expected to be a leader of that room but his speech was made for TV me thinks

Does anyone know if players had been sitting out of practice? At least wrs?

Do you think Jarvis cares? This is the dude talking about how the QB never ran offseason workouts even though there were multiple instragram posts of him working out with Landry, Matthews, Stills, Parker, etc.

Warning: Lots of Profanity.

It's funny how everyone suddenly loves Landry the moment he leaves Miami. There really is a significant bias against Miami in the national media for some reason.

Its not "all of a sudden." He was ranked in the top 100 for a reason.

I wish he would have made himself available for reading the playbook or learning how to read an option route, but keep working on those one-handed catches bruh...grind on what you are already good at...lets not work on a weakness, only strengths...Is there a bigger poser then Landry?

Preaches working hard and being great, fails to improve weaknesses, fails to be a professional. Hart and soul, but fake as well.

Breaking records and is regarded as one of the best WRs in the league (by some), just imagine what he could of been if he actually looked at a playbook once in a while...

Breaking records and is regarded as one of the best WRs in the league (by some), just imagine what he could of been if he actually looked at a playbook once in a while...

Exactly, here is a guy who does work hard at parts of his craft, if h was willing to put effort into the art he does struggle with he would be a guy worthy of that contract.

I do find it interesting that he still managed to get a 15 yarder in the 1st preseason game for taunting...another area if he could clean up...

I’m not afraid to admit it, I’m gonna miss this guy! Fins should too. How does any coach not love a guy like this in their locker room.

Caution, lots of F bombs.

Back
Top Bottom