Landry's Hard Knocks Speech

Discussion in 'General NFL Forum' started by SkapePhin, Aug 7, 2018.

1. jazz015

jazz015 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

from what I recall is he did improve for a brief period after the Thursday Night game. Even taking that charge against the raiders. But as the season winded down and our playoff hopes diminished, his attitude did as well. Check the Kansas city game where he was screaming at Gase. Or the criticism of Gase for not challenging his clear drop against the Pats. Or the brawl against Buffalo where he got thrown out. He only was in it for himself.

The dolphins tried to make it work and pay him more than what he was worth. Seeing him as the best slot receiver and their number 2 option. He wanted Antonio Brown money and that is ridiculous. His fragile ego will be the end of him, if he can't get it together

superphin likes this.
  2. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer None of my business. Finheaven VIP Donator

I was kind of stunned to see people talking about what a great speech this was, how it showed great leadership. What? It was a barely coherent rant of him projecting about how everyone else is a ***** and you all gotta be like Jarvis.

I feel like I'm on another planet if this is what passes for great leadership in 2018.

lurking, HeyHoLet'sGo, Gabito and 6 others like this.
  3. Crump

Crump FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I agree, I had read on a bleacher report pop up or something that someone said he was going to have what would be considered the #2 speech all time or at least def top 5. im in the same boat, haven't watched hard knocks since the fins...never did before the fins. so I googled his speech and was like...wow that was just a locker room rant. I also never questioned his physical contributions and preparedness for his skill, no one could, even the biggest haters. but unless its a body building contest or football from the 70's the mental aspect has to be just as prepared for. and as far as contract goes, maybe they knew he'd balk at what the fins were offering, and that's what they were counting on, they didn't go too low with it so they didn't look completely ungrateful. or maybe im just giving the FO a little too much credit. I guess as always we wont know the outcome of any team decision until after week 17 so its just all jabber right now. but yes it wasn't an inspirational speech, just a long rant. I was reading somewhere on google and they were joking it talking about by the end of the season he will be apart of the "browns way" of doing things and quit caring as much. but wish him luck, enjoy your money, and why didn't you take omar with you?

lurking likes this.
  4. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

That was rubbish lol. I feel like it was staged, like oh this will look good on tv

5. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Finheaven VIP Donator

LOL! hell it didnt even take to long before he lost the room... you can see the dude starts eating his snacks like who caaaaares

lurking likes this.
  6. Goin` Deep

Goin` Deep "Pick your guy and let it fly." Finheaven VIP Donator

Damn right it's staged. It's reality TV

7. Spiff

Spiff Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

If Landry had done that, my apprecation for him would have skyrocketed.

Crump likes this.
  8. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Grip it and rip it Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Best Hard Knocks moment ever. It was in the middle of a down pour and lightning storm vs TB I think.

:roflmao

Landry is an emotional guy and with his fat contract is expected to be a leader of that room but his speech was made for TV me thinks

9. FSU Truth

FSU Truth Did I lose something? Finheaven VIP

Does anyone know if players had been sitting out of practice? At least wrs?

10. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer None of my business. Finheaven VIP Donator

Do you think Jarvis cares? This is the dude talking about how the QB never ran offseason workouts even though there were multiple instragram posts of him working out with Landry, Matthews, Stills, Parker, etc.

FSU Truth and nick1 like this.
  11. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

Its not "all of a sudden." He was ranked in the top 100 for a reason.

12. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

Breaking records and is regarded as one of the best WRs in the league (by some), just imagine what he could of been if he actually looked at a playbook once in a while...

fishfanmiami likes this.
  13. FSU Truth

FSU Truth Did I lose something? Finheaven VIP

Exactly, here is a guy who does work hard at parts of his craft, if h was willing to put effort into the art he does struggle with he would be a guy worthy of that contract.

I do find it interesting that he still managed to get a 15 yarder in the 1st preseason game for taunting...another area if he could clean up...

NBP81 likes this.
  14. JahnDho

JahnDho Well-Known Member Donator

I’m not afraid to admit it, I’m gonna miss this guy! Fins should too. How does any coach not love a guy like this in their locker room.

Caution, lots of F bombs.

Finuk likes this.
  15. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Please football gods, grace us Tua or Trevor Finheaven VIP

This doesn’t belong in this sub forum.