Landry's Hard Knocks Speech | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry's Hard Knocks Speech

I've spoke in length about this. He might be the kind of guy who implodes on a terrible team or has lingering injuries due to his size and how he plays to contact ... but if that doesn't happen there is no way in hell he's not going to the HoF if he even sniffs the same production for another 7-8 years.

1200 receptions ... 12000 yards ... 60 tds ... the statline of failure. :roflmao
He barely averages 10 ypc. That's not good. Also won't sniff 60 TDs. He wishes

He barely averages 10 ypc. That's not good. Also won't sniff 60 TDs. He wishes

Doesn't matter if he only averages 10 ypc with those numbers. He's got 22 tds so far so he'd actually have 66 if my math was honest ... but I don't see a red zone target in the future so I rounded down some.

Say he retires with like 1000 and 10000 yards with 50 tds ... a pretty serious downplay. You keeping him out then? Feel free to compare to other receivers currently enshrined.

Doesn't matter if he only averages 10 ypc with those numbers. He's got 22 tds so far so he'd actually have 66 if my math was honest ... but I don't see a red zone target in the future so I rounded down some.

Say he retires with like 1000 and 10000 yards with 50 tds ... a pretty serious downplay. You keeping him out then? Feel free to compare to other receivers currently enshrined.
Auquan Boldin isn't getting in. Look at his stats. Over 1000 catches, 13000 yards and 82 touchdowns. I don't think he would honestly. Issac Bruce has even better stats and isn't in

Auquan Boldin isn't getting in. Look at his stats. Over 1000 catches, 13000 yards and 82 touchdowns. I don't think he would honestly. Issac Bruce has even better stats and isn't in
Yeah but did those guys have kitchy first down dances?

I also don't agree with Anquan not getting in. You can't compare those numbers to other receivers in the same(ish) era currently in and keep him out. Bruce should be in too.

It sucks but the hall has become arbitrary ... like the pro bowl ... which used to actually mean something not all that long ago.

Well being honest its easier to get a ton of catches and yards now. Like you are gonna see QB yardage records annihilated. We'll see. I just think it's way too early to talk hall of fame

Back
Top Bottom