Landry's Hard Knocks Speech | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry's Hard Knocks Speech

Did anyone see the Browns preseason game last Thursday night? Browns' first offensive play of the game is a nice catch by Landry on the sideline...only to be undone by Landry's 15 yd taunting penalty.

Smh - such great talent ruined by the 3" between his ears.

from what I recall is he did improve for a brief period after the Thursday Night game. Even taking that charge against the raiders. But as the season winded down and our playoff hopes diminished, his attitude did as well. Check the Kansas city game where he was screaming at Gase. Or the criticism of Gase for not challenging his clear drop against the Pats. Or the brawl against Buffalo where he got thrown out. He only was in it for himself.

The dolphins tried to make it work and pay him more than what he was worth. Seeing him as the best slot receiver and their number 2 option. He wanted Antonio Brown money and that is ridiculous. His fragile ego will be the end of him, if he can't get it together

He’ll be in the HOF

I’m not afraid to admit it, I’m gonna miss this guy! Fins should too. How does any coach not love a guy like this in their locker room.

Caution, lots of F bombs.

Hes a good actor I'll give him that. That's all that is

3 x pro-bowl

As an alternate...as I stated, meaning he is not even one of the 6-8 best WRs of his peers...

Wes Welker was a 5 time pro-bowler, 2 x 1st team all pro, 2x 2nd team all-pro, multiple super bowls and I think the likelihood of him getting into the hall is slim. Landry is not on Welkers level,

Landry has three major factors working against him if he wants to be in the Hall of Fame some day:

1. He currently plays for the Cleveland Browns under Hue Jackson, one of the worst pro football teams in history over the last two years.
2. He is not a fast guy.
3. He is not a big guy.

Point #1 is going to hurt him in the short term.

Points #2 and #3 are going to hurt the longevity of his career.

That said, it's entirely possible that he gets there. He's great at self-promotion (this is important. See: Zach Thomas vs Brian Urlacher) and he's a hard worker.

Let's pump the brakes on calling any 4th year player a hall of famer its a longevity award. And being selected to the pro bowl isn't the bar for hall of famers. Much less an alternative. Has he ever been on the all pro team 1st or 2nd? That's a better bar

As an alternate...as I stated, meaning he is not even one of the 6-8 best WRs of his peers...

Wes Welker was a 5 time pro-bowler, 2 x 1st team all pro, 2x 2nd team all-pro, multiple super bowls and I think the likelihood of him getting into the hall is slim. Landry is not on Welkers level,

Will Anquan Boldin get in?

Isaac Bruce isn't even in. Bruce has better numbers then Boldin

Isaac Bruce isn't even in. Bruce has better numbers then Boldin

damn you taking it back some, I had forgotten all about that man. I always liked him as a wr. would've loved to seen what Marino would've done with that Rams team. hell I picked up kurt warner the second trent green got hurt in preseason for my fantasy football and had no clue who the hell he was.

but def, landry needs to get in a better market, or better team...or browns get better. I think over time with the short passing game taking over that landrys reception stats are going to look less and less impressive and just be the norm for a lot of players. gotta add some TD's and another 300-500 yards a season to his totals.

Landry has three major factors working against him if he wants to be in the Hall of Fame some day:

1. He currently plays for the Cleveland Browns under Hue Jackson, one of the worst pro football teams in history over the last two years.
2. He is not a fast guy.
3. He is not a big guy.

Point #1 is going to hurt him in the short term.

Points #2 and #3 are going to hurt the longevity of his career.

That said, it's entirely possible that he gets there. He's great at self-promotion (this is important. See: Zach Thomas vs Brian Urlacher) and he's a hard worker.

I've spoke in length about this. He might be the kind of guy who implodes on a terrible team or has lingering injuries due to his size and how he plays to contact ... but if that doesn't happen there is no way in hell he's not going to the HoF if he even sniffs the same production for another 7-8 years.

1200 receptions ... 12000 yards ... 60 tds ... the statline of failure. :roflmao

Back
Top Bottom