Larry Fitzgerald | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larry Fitzgerald

So you want to trade a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for a 30 yr old WR when you could just sign Greg Jennings for free?

Or Bowe or Wallace?

They won't give Fitzgerald up. The Cardinals are a good QB away from being playoff contenders and I expect them to make a strong play for Alex Smith this off-season.

You said good QB. Alex Smith is average. If they trade for Smith, Fitzgerald's agent will ask for a trade.

Probably not going to happen. But I must say, I wish that Fitzgerald would request for a trade. Terrible seeing his talent going to waste in the desert.

Three picks. And most fans think Ireland sucks as a gm.

Typical fan, over hype draft picks. Yeah cause we've been really killing it with the draft picks, drafting some real pro bowl players :/

Typical fan, over hype draft picks. Yeah cause we've been really killing it with the draft picks, drafting some real pro bowl players :/

Yes, lets give up not just 3 picks but a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for a 30 yr old WR that will most likely be "elite" for another 2 maybe 3 years when he begins to slow down. Bring him onto a team that lacks another top tier threat so he can be double covered the whole game just like in Arizona.

Not to mention we could easily sign Jennings, Bowe, Wallace.

Larry Fitzgerald would easily be worth those picks. He is an elite, all pro player. Outstanding player, the complete package. No character issues, no work ethic issues, great hands, speed, can play physical, run after the catch, everything. He instantly changes the dynamics of the offense. He's better than Brandon Marshall and he's not a psychopath. Think about that.

Given this team's track record with 2nd and 3rd round picks, we would have to be idiots to pass up on that deal. The Cardinals would be the idiots.

I mean think about that for a second. Oakland traded a first and second round pick for Carson Palmer. The Colts took a cornerback our coaching staff had just BENCHED and didn't have in its long term plans off our hands for a second round pick. You're going to tell me that we would be stupid to trade a 1st and 3rd (plus a 2nd next year, which is less valuable) to get the best or second best player in the NFL at a very important skill position where our team is picking players up off the scrap heap every two weeks out of desperation?

Sorry but we have multiple needs so sending away multiple draft picks is not a good idea.

we always have multiple needs and we always try building through the draft, and where has that gotten us?

You fans over hype draft picks like crazy, the draft is so over rated, just look at our history over the last decade, we get nothing through the draft. geez, am i the only one who has come to this realization?

Highly unlikely that a deal for Fitzgerald can be made. However, a good WR in Dwayne Bowe is probably available without giving up draft picks.

Yes, lets give up not just 3 picks but a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for a 30 yr old WR that will most likely be "elite" for another 2 maybe 3 years when he begins to slow down. Bring him onto a team that lacks another top tier threat so he can be double covered the whole game just like in Arizona.

Not to mention we could easily sign Jennings, Bowe, Wallace.

Larry Fitzgerald is the type of once in a generation player that doesnt look to be "slowing down". On top of being physically gifted, he takes extremely good care of himself and trains with some of the leagues best. And by "leagues best" i mean historically. Once a year he invites the Jerry Rice's to come coach him and a group of wideouts.

The fact that this is Fitzgeralds worst year is telling. Telling for the Cardinals that is. He made Matt Leinhart appear to be a franchise quarterback. He made Derrick Anderson starter material for awhile. Kevin Kolb and John Skelton had some success with him on their offense. And the minute that team got a good quarterback they became Superbowl contenders. It goes to show just how truly awful this group of quarterbacks are for them. I read a stat that showed they only targetted Fitzgerald twice in the last 2 games(before yesterday). They have the best receiver in the league and they refuse to even throw it up for him. Thats true incompetence.

Jay Cutler went for two 1sts and two 3rd round picks, plus Kyle Orton. While Cutler does play the most important position in football, Fitzgerald is a vastly better receiver than Cutler is a quarterback. Not to mention the cost of these trades always goes up in the future. I seriously doubt Fitz can be had for less than two 1sts and two 2nds. And id pull the trigger. Thats how good he is. By the time his career is over Fitz will be heading to the Hall of Fame. Giving Tannehill a chance to play with one of the best in history? Yes please.

I really think Mike Wallace is the answer here. The main barricade in acquiring him is that he'll want top-dollar, but the guy is the youngest and most talented free agent WR that will be available and exactly what our offense needs.

I really think Mike Wallace is the answer here. The main barricade in acquiring him is that he'll want top-dollar, but the guy is the youngest and most talented free agent WR that will be available and exactly what our offense needs.

The main barricade is that Pittsburgh can franchise him and indications are that they are likely to do so. That is why I have been talking up Greg Jennings, because I think he is also a fantastic receiver and contrary to Wallace, the indications are very strong that Green Bay will let him hit the market due to the sheer number of successful players they need to re-sign and their cap situation.

Larry Fitzgerald is the type of once in a generation player that doesnt look to be "slowing down". On top of being physically gifted, he takes extremely good care of himself and trains with some of the leagues best. And by "leagues best" i mean historically. Once a year he invites the Jerry Rice's to come coach him and a group of wideouts.

The fact that this is Fitzgeralds worst year is telling. Telling for the Cardinals that is. He made Matt Leinhart appear to be a franchise quarterback. He made Derrick Anderson starter material for awhile. Kevin Kolb and John Skelton had some success with him on their offense. And the minute that team got a good quarterback they became Superbowl contenders. It goes to show just how truly awful this group of quarterbacks are for them. I read a stat that showed they only targetted Fitzgerald twice in the last 2 games(before yesterday). They have the best receiver in the league and they refuse to even throw it up for him. Thats true incompetence.

Jay Cutler went for two 1sts and two 3rd round picks, plus Kyle Orton. While Cutler does play the most important position in football, Fitzgerald is a vastly better receiver than Cutler is a quarterback. Not to mention the cost of these trades always goes up in the future. I seriously doubt Fitz can be had for less than two 1sts and two 2nds. And id pull the trigger. Thats how good he is. By the time his career is over Fitz will be heading to the Hall of Fame. Giving Tannehill a chance to play with one of the best in history? Yes please.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have Fitz on the team. But OP presented trade scenario is a bit much. Throw in the fact that a WR of similar caliber could be had through FA makes the trade even more un resonable.

Greg Jennings, Bowe, Wallace all could be had in FA, so trading a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for arguably top 3 WR in the league seems a far stretch. Throw in the fact that similar to Arizona, we are missing another top offensive weapon, this would allow teams much like in Arizona to just double Fitz the whole game.

Also, the number of holes we have on this team all those picks would be alot to sacrafice.

The main barricade is that Pittsburgh can franchise him and indications are that they are likely to do so. That is why I have been talking up Greg Jennings, because I think he is also a fantastic receiver and contrary to Wallace, the indications are very strong that Green Bay will let him hit the market due to the sheer number of successful players they need to re-sign and their cap situation.

Anyone know what Wallace cap number will be with a tag??

Back
Top Bottom