Larry Fitzgerald | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larry Fitzgerald

watch freekin NE trade a 5th in 2017 for fitz.even though we offer the cards a 1st and a 3rd this year

Draft class 6 million + range
HARTLINE AT 5-6 MILLION
Smith in the 6 million range
Starks in the 6 million range
Bush in the 4 million range
Clemons in the 2 million range
Fasano 4 millon range
Garner 1-2 million range
Trusnik 1-2 million range
Devlin and Moore 3 million range

that's around 40 million on just 10 free agents plus the draft class

you still have 15 rfa and ufa left to sign or their replacements EVEN if lucky add another 10 plus million for the remaining 15 free agents
Now we're at 50 million (ball park figure)

and you believe we can add one or 2 high free agent contracts
another 10-15 million to go with the 50 million all ready accounted for

Fitzgeralds Average Salary PER YEAR IS $16,062,500

and he still has 6 years on his contract

You have to give up draft picks plus come to terms with Fitzgerald
and I doubt you'll get a discount from him

I believe if you think we'll sign all our draft picks other than Long and add 1 or 2 high priced free agents
you're going to be very disappointed

$2 million for backups? Moore resignings? Bush, who has all but announced hes out the door?

This team has had 4 consecutive losing seasons. If anyone believes we should be resigning the majority of this franchise, then i have a bridge i want to sell you.
When we signed Brandon Marshall we made him "the highest paid wideout in the league". That was, in a very literal sense, a lie. Sure, he had the biggest contract at the time, but for him to get all the money from it he would have to do some ridiculous things. I believe we owned him 2 million dollars if he played 95% of the special teams plays and we would have to pay him 4 years later. Fitzgeralds contract is large, and he makes the majority of it, but he wont be making 16 million a year. And having 6 years left is a good thing, it allows the team to spread the salary hit throughout the years.

Draft picks have never been cheaper. We drafted a top 10 quarterback and are paying him what, $2 mill a season? And thats only because our front office got into a penis measuring contest for utterly no reason and had to all but fully guarantee Tannehill's contract. Each player is making a couple hundred thousand max. Not to mention teams take that into account well before free agency. If we are announcing we have upwards of $50 million available, then that already counts the draft.

As the Jets have shown, teams can successfully navigate salary cap considerations with ease. If we cant, our problem isnt a lack of cash, its a lack of intelligence. Virtually every other team in the league makes a huge signing and has no problems adding players. Teams like the Jets, Bucs, Bears, and Broncos have all shown they can resign their players and still dish out upwards of $100 million dollar free agent contracts. This discussion is even more laughable when you consider the fact that we have to spend our cap or else we lose it.

What we are able to do and what we will do are two seperate things. Ireland is staying and nothing he does surprises me anyone. But we have the cap to sign Long, Jennings/Bowe, take care of any of our players we want to keep, and still sign some more. If we wanted to, and Arizona accepted, we could trade for Fitz and still have enough left over to take care of all our free agents, excepting Long, and we could try and make a run at him.

As others have said, ya'll think too much of these draft picks.

Again Daniel Thomas or Fitz, Pat White or Fitz, Turner or Fitz? I mean seriously here folks, Bush won't be resigned, Jennings is injury prone, Wallace as the dropsies, as well as Bowe. There going to all want 10M/year, why not get a top 3 WR for our will be 2nd year QB who still has 6+ years left at playing at a high rate. Do you how much more that will open the field for Thomas and Bush's replacement? How much more open Bess or Hartline will be??? Even with how they aren't very fast. Grant it AZ probably won't trade him, but they should and start over.

please stop with the Pro Bowl talk, Jake Long was a pro-bowler last year, didnt play like one, before his injury JL was the leading vote getter for Pro Bowl when he was playing poorly, anyone can make the pro bowl these days especially with the SB substitute players, and players just not caring and saying they cant play b/c of injury

but for arguments sake, Pouncey will be a pro-bowler this year and is a top 3 Center in the NFL, Jones should be a pro-bowler this year but wont make it because of lack of name recognition, also lack of fan voting

Obviously reading is a problem

Go back and look at the list he posted

I'm also wondering if you know what all pro is?

$2 million for backups? Moore resignings? Bush, who has all but announced hes out the door?

This team has had 4 consecutive losing seasons. If anyone believes we should be resigning the majority of this franchise, then i have a bridge i want to sell you.
When we signed Brandon Marshall we made him "the highest paid wideout in the league". That was, in a very literal sense, a lie. Sure, he had the biggest contract at the time, but for him to get all the money from it he would have to do some ridiculous things. I believe we owned him 2 million dollars if he played 95% of the special teams plays and we would have to pay him 4 years later. Fitzgeralds contract is large, and he makes the majority of it, but he wont be making 16 million a year. And having 6 years left is a good thing, it allows the team to spread the salary hit throughout the years.

Draft picks have never been cheaper. We drafted a top 10 quarterback and are paying him what, $2 mill a season? And thats only because our front office got into a penis measuring contest for utterly no reason and had to all but fully guarantee Tannehill's contract. Each player is making a couple hundred thousand max. Not to mention teams take that into account well before free agency. If we are announcing we have upwards of $50 million available, then that already counts the draft.

As the Jets have shown, teams can successfully navigate salary cap considerations with ease. If we cant, our problem isnt a lack of cash, its a lack of intelligence. Virtually every other team in the league makes a huge signing and has no problems adding players. Teams like the Jets, Bucs, Bears, and Broncos have all shown they can resign their players and still dish out upwards of $100 million dollar free agent contracts. This discussion is even more laughable when you consider the fact that we have to spend our cap or else we lose it.

What we are able to do and what we will do are two seperate things. Ireland is staying and nothing he does surprises me anyone. But we have the cap to sign Long, Jennings/Bowe, take care of any of our players we want to keep, and still sign some more. If we wanted to, and Arizona accepted, we could trade for Fitz and still have enough left over to take care of all our free agents, excepting Long, and we could try and make a run at him.

another person not reading what the previous post I was answering

the poster said we can sign EVERY free agent we have ...understand every free agent we have
plus 1 or 2 high priced free agents plus we could afford Fitzgerald

My post was just to show it's not possible to sign every free agent plus a top tier free agent or two nothing more nothing less

No where did I say we are going to sign all these players and I have no clue why you went off on that tangent

Might want to go back and see the cap hits by year on Fitzgerald
the thought of even trading picks then signing him to a absurd contract is insanity
and whomever came up with that idea needs to visit the mental health facility pronto

it's more likely that Arizona signs Jake Long in free agency then it is for Miami to trade for Fitz.

dont forget, look at how hartline has burned up the number 2 corners when they put them on him this year. its a buy one get one better deal if we resign harltine

Insanity is to keep reading your posts and thinking they might actually have a point. Real good teams in the NFL do not build through FA. They build through the draft and fill in the remaining holes via FA. To give up 3 draft picks for a 30 year old WR when this team has many other needs is assaine. How is that not insanity?? I would love to see Keenan taken with our 1st, and then geez look we would still have two more picks that you are so ready to give away. Then with those picks we are able to bring in even more young talent. The arguement that none of our past 2nd round draft picks were any good is weak. I can easily say that this year will be different and we nail our first 5 picks - compare that to your trade for Fitz (5 starters, 5 poistions addressed to Fitz and one more pick), I win.

Haha how can you say that this year will be different? look at our history, what evidence do you have for me to believe that, connivence me because im look at the evidence at its not positive, what are you seeing that Im not to say that this years draft will be different?

I think some of you like the idea of building thru the draft, hell I would love to do that if we could draft some talented players. We havent drafted a annual pro bowl player in a skill position in a i dont know how long. Look back at some of recent best players, none came via draft. And its before Ireland took over as our GM. Our Most productive players came outside the draft, Ricky Williams, Cam Wake, Brandon Marshall, Reggie Bush, Karlos Dansby. The only two relevant Dolphins that we drafted in recent years was Jason Taylor and Zach thomas, and that was like 15 years ago, pathetic. And yet some still believe we should keep drafting back up/special teams players in the 2nd and 3rd round like Koa Misi, Olivier Vernon, Sean Smith, Michael Egnew, Pat White, Jon Martin. Im not saying we should give up all draft picks every year but damn, some people on here make it seem like our picks are worth as much as diamonds, and we hardly get anything out of later draft picks, they are all below average players, all of them, from the last 12 years, all below average and Im saying lets forget about the draft ONE year and get some talented proven players, then the following years we can go back to blowing draft picks on special team players and or back up and or below average starters

There is a better chance of Aliens delivering Jerry Rice, in a time capsule, in his prime, than trading for Fitz. LOL

If Martin pans out at LT, tag Jake and trade him with a 2nd to Arizona for Fitz AND go hard after Wallace in FA!!

No don't make that trade, not at that price unless the team features him in this offense, fins are missing a TE that can catch in the middle of the field.

Back
Top Bottom