Larry Warford... can he fit? Or too late? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larry Warford... can he fit? Or too late?

I don’t think they will sign him because I think they want to go with the offensive linemen they have on the roster now. Also they will use up a lot of their remaining cap space to sign their draftees and rookie free agents. The cap may not go up much next year if at all because teams might have to limit attendance because of the virus.
I just don’t see them adding anymore players who would cost what it would likely cost them to sign Warford.

The man is a top 40 pick. He is 100% penciled in somewhere and is under consideration.

He is definitely under consideration! I just don't let it stop me from signing a proven, pro-bowl commodity (seeing as how Hunt has never played a down in the league).

I think there is some serious over valuing of Warford here. They spent a 1st round pick on an interior lineman and weren't even able to trade him for a late round pick. It really wasnt a big secret that he was available either.

I'm not against picking him up but not on a long term deal. We have to start developing our own players here and not rush the process.

I think there is some serious over valuing of Warford here. They spent a 1st round pick on an interior lineman and weren't even able to trade him for a late round pick. It really wasnt a big secret that he was available either.

I'm not against picking him up but not on a long term deal. We have to start developing our own players here and not rush the process.
I don't know what he makes, but 32 teams would have probably traded them a late round pick if he was seriously underpaid in his current contract.

He is definitely under consideration! I just don't let it stop me from signing a proven, pro-bowl commodity (seeing as how Hunt has never played a down in the league).

I mean ideally, yeah we’d sign every probowl player we could. I just don’t see where he fits with Miami, all things considered.

After the Albert Wilson restructuring, Dolphins are $29 million under the cap before signing all their rookies (some have already signed). The signing of all 11 rookies plus practice squad players is said to cost $14 million leaving the Dolphins with $15 million in cap space to take in to the season for carry over and signings during the season if players get injured. Don't think there's enough room to sign Warford unless he plays at $7 million or less.

Dolphins want to carry over as much into next off season as possible because in all likelihood NFL revenue, due to COVID-19, is going to be down which mean the salary cap could shrink or only make a minimal increase.

I mean ideally, yeah we’d sign every probowl player we could. I just don’t see where he fits with Miami, all things considered.
Well, Deiter is your "proven veteran" at RG, and the other options are unproven rooks, this seems like the ideal time to bring in a young pro-bowl vet! :)

Good player but I don't see it happening. I think Flores wants to use the snaps for the guys that are here now and will be here for a few years. Just my gut feeling on this one.

So for a guy to have been recently paid, and to have come off three straight pro bowl seasons you have to imagine there are some huge red flags in the locker room. Brees doesn’t have many years left. If it’s too good to be true, it probably is. The guy got paid then got lazy. You think Flo will accept that?
I dunno, maybe but could just be $ savings now that Diaz was drafted

I dont see it happening. Our oline is not good but we do need to see how some players shake out. we overpaid for a guard that has played one solid season in the nfl so who knows

You may be right but if they only started trying to trade him post draft then it can be difficult to find a suitor with both the need and the money.

Texans already reportedly interested. The fact they’re sniffing around tells me it would be a bad move. lol
Houston has one real weak spot on their oline and its right guard so it would be a smart move on their part.

Deiter, Kindley, Flowers, and Hunt all penciled in at guard in depth chart. We either have big money or high picks invested in these 4 guys. Could we fit Warford into this group and carry 5 OGs, Absolutely. I would offer him what we saved on the Albert Wilson deal 1-2 years 6 mill per. He will probably get more than that and i’d let him walk. I don’t like the idea of paying 2 guards 10+ mill each. Especially when we drafted 3 guys to compete for that spot.

Back
Top Bottom