Larry Warford... can he fit? Or too late? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larry Warford... can he fit? Or too late?

I’m interested no doubt. But Hunt would really have to be plan a at right tackle for me to see miami make this move.

and I just don’t see that as ideal.

He just proved three straight pro bowls. He’ll get paid

Not in this market, especially if the Rumors are true that he is really out of shape.

They're starting a rookie and a 2nd year on their interior OL, I think they would keep the pro bowler if he had value.

However with that being said, I will take him on a Ted Karras type deal (1y/4M) with incentives to get him to 6-7. Prove that he still has it, and then recoup his value in the offseason.

I can't see him coming here though. With the way we are building, we are likely going to give Hunt/Kindley every opportunity to be the RG/RT combo, and if Hunt doesn't stick at RG he will move inside quickly. Warford will never play on the outside, so it benefits him to go to a team like the Texans that has a plug and play opportunity and will probably throw more $$ at him.

The first look will be - Jackson - Flowers - Karras - Kindley - Hunt

If Kindley or Hunt are not good early we will likely go to - Jackson - Flowers - Karras - Hunt - Davis

Getting Leatherwood or Powell next year would be incredible.

He just proved three straight pro bowls. He’ll get paid

this 2019 - 2020 season he was downhill. He was merely okay before going to NOLA, so that counts

I’m unsure we can match what Houston will give him. On the flip side, as excited as I am for Kindley, it’s hard not to go with the 3 time pro bowler versus the large project.

What did he do to get run out of town?

New Orleans drafted Cesar Ruiz in the first round. That, combined with concerns about Warford's weight and declining skills were all reasons the Saints moved on from the veteran.

Money was also a factor. The Saints owed Warford $7.65 million, which made retaining him a challenge, especially after signing Taysom Hill to a contract extension this offseason.

I wouldn't say he's a lock to make the roster, but the truth is we don't know what Deiter in year two will look like, just like we don't know what Rosen, Davenport or Ballage in year three will look like. Players do have the ability to improve from one season to another. I think we'll need to wait until camp and preseason before we have any idea about some of the young players the team is trying to develop. Their window of opportunity might not be as great as it once was, but they're too young and raw too judge by a one year look.
I would say the window is cracked open a bit but closing on Ballage Dieter and Davenport. Think you agree there. All 3 likely career backups.

I think Rosen finds himself as QB3 or practice squad on just about any NFL roster. It’s a 1% shot he becomes a consistent winning QB. Just my opinion.

I’m interested no doubt. But Hunt would really have to be plan a at right tackle for me to see miami make this move.

and I just don’t see that as ideal.
Little downside- young OL- Veteran presence.
Provides starter quality or depth.
Ideally Hunt beats Davis.
If Hunt finishes - behind Davis and Warford well that only means we need to get BETTER. We need COMPETITION. No handouts.
We all know on a good OL- Davis is OL#6-7.

Back
Top Bottom