Larry Warford... can he fit? Or too late? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larry Warford... can he fit? Or too late?

Yeah 28 currently, 29 when season Starts.
Either way, he’s a high caliber OL who has 3-4 years Of high play left in him.

i really want them to sign him but what spot? Jesse Davis?

I'd put him at guard and maybe give Ereck Flowers a shot at RT in camp.. I thought i heard that Kindley played some center if he did then we would one of the biggest Offensive Lines in Football.. Something i've been hoping for years.. Especially at the Guard and Center positions.. You don't need agile, you need road graders and maulers that move DT's out the way.

LT Austin Jackson 320
LG Flowers 330
C Kindley 340
RG Warford 335
RT Hunt 325

That could be one of the best Oline's in football if the rookies live up to the billing.. Then you have Jessie Davis, Deiter, Karras,Calhoun as backups and i think thats a pretty good Offensive line depth as well.

Last edited:
3 yr All Pro. That’s not above average

All Pro? So we are elevating the All Pro team to the Pro Bowl selections of the TOP 100? No, thanks. Keep the All Pro team limited and narrow.

I'd sign Clowney to a one year 20M deal and let him test a real FA period next year. Would benefit both parties.

WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO GET THE $20 MILLION OR DO YOU NOT WANT TO SIGN ROOKIES OR HAVE EXTRA $$$ FOR IN SEASON INJURIES?

Browns reportedly instead in Warford....

How they get around the cap is beyond me. Cleveland seems to always have money

WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO GET THE $20 MILLION OR DO YOU NOT WANT TO SIGN ROOKIES OR HAVE EXTRA $$$ FOR IN SEASON INJURIES?
22cpya.jpg

I’m interested no doubt. But Hunt would really have to be plan a at right tackle for me to see miami make this move.

and I just don’t see that as ideal.
It would be absolutely IRRESPONSIBLE for Miami not to make a big push for this guy. this would improve the interior of this Offensive Line 10 fold.

I'm going to guess that he will eventually sign for 5 million or less. Remember, his original contract called for 7 million and his team didnt want to pay that much.
It's late in the process and not many teams still have money or a real need for an older player.
That said (guessed about)... we wont even glance at him.
PFF rated him the 30th best guard... I know he went to the Pro Bowl, but so many players make it on name recognition and whether theyve been there before...

At this point, he is an average starter... gonna be 29 and there's no upside.

He is a progress stopper for a young team.

Really... pass

I'm going to guess that he will eventually sign for 5 million or less. Remember, his original contract called for 7 million and his team didnt want to pay that much.
It's late in the process and not many teams still have money or a real need for an older player.
That said (guessed about)... we wont even glance at him.
PFF rated him the 30th best guard... I know he went to the Pro Bowl, but so many players make it on name recognition and whether theyve been there before...

At this point, he is an average starter... gonna be 29 and there's no upside.

He is a progress stopper for a young team.

Really... pass
I hear what you’re saying about “reputation” pro bowl selections. No doubt those are a real thing. That said, I have a colleague who’s a Saints fan that might have a beef with the PFF rating. It’s an imperfect grading system but clearly you should always be leery when the team that knows a guy best opts to move on.
I also think Miami passes. He’ll get paid with that resume.

Yeah 28 currently, 29 when season Starts.
Either way, he’s a high caliber OL who has 3-4 years Of high play left in him.
Man, coming off three straight pro bowl seasons too.
probably the worst time to sign someone IMO. Don't give them a huge contract at their peak and then watch them diminish over 3-4 years. Let Gase and the Jets do that.

I just don't see it at this point. Nice player, but Miami spent first, second and fourth round picks on the offensive line. I think the team wants to see what they have with these young players. Now, if there are any good safeties out there that could be a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom