Larry Warford... can he fit? Or too late? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larry Warford... can he fit? Or too late?

Think you have to give him a look.

Above average- experienced RG..

Regardless whether Hunt is our RG or he wins the RT battle with Davis, I don’t see the downside. Need depth.
Dieter is on the way out- he’s part of reason they brought in 5 new guys.
3 yr All Pro. That’s not above average

Why not? We've penny pinched on O-line for years and it's cost us games / playoffs. Depth is a good thing and so is versatility. Injuries happen. If one of our guy's goes down then what?

He is not an average player. The Saints have major salary cap problems. He is coming off 3 consecutive pro bowls and is a much better option than we currently have. The question I have is if we could cut Flowers and sign him if it comes down to that and we couldn't afford to pay both guards $10 million.
We aren’t cutting Flowers. We just signed him.
Warford is strictly a RG. Flowers strictly LG. Backup LT.
We can afford to pay Warford 2 yrs 8 mill/ 4 mill guaranteed.
I’m not writing down pro bowl RG in ink on this one.

At least look at him for a one or two year deal. With the uncertainty of camp and everything it would be nice to have a good veteran that knows what he's doing at that position.

While we're at it, let's sign Clowney to $1M 1 yr prove it contract. We could be looking at a super bowl run.
I'd sign Clowney to a one year 20M deal and let him test a real FA period next year. Would benefit both parties.

I'd sign Clowney to a one year 20M deal and let him test a real FA period next year. Would benefit both parties.
Where are they going to get that 20 million when they still have to sign most of their draft picks? They would have to cut a high priced player to be able to get the 20 million you want to give to Clowney. Besides, Clowney has already made it very clear he has no interest in playing in Miami or for this coaching staff. So hopefully the Dolphins won’t waste anymore time even talking to the clown.

Where would he play? Flowers is locked into LG. Hunt is the likely RG, respite what they say about RT. I don’t think he has a spot.

Agreed. If not for the Flowers contract I’d say it was a strong possibility but not now. You’d be forcing it at this point.

We made enough progress on the OL this year to just let things play out and reevaluate next year what needs to be added/reshuffled.

This is still an evaluation year and with the extra picks next years to complete an OL I’m thinking we hold onto the money.

The only position I can see us spending money on right now, should a talented player shake free, would be at Safety.

Sometimes in life, timing is more important than anything. Doesn’t appear the timing on this would be right for us.

Lets see ?

2 seasoned veterans ( Flowers & Warford ) to be lined up in the interior, next to our rookie OT's
Kindley is a natural for the left ( Flowers side), adjustment learning right.
Invested in our new QB, Hmmm protection might be understandable on another level.
Depth for our, OUR, offensive line, whats that ??? (though we all know injuries never happen on an OL (not)
Have the reasonable cap space sitting there, thanks Wilson.... (Thuney $$$, first floor of fort knox )

IMO its a no brainier, another gift falling in our lap

Wonder what Tua would want ? daaa

Last edited:
I would spend $$$ on a right tackle but not guard at this point. Warford is going to want 15M per year.

Posted by Mike Florio on May 9, 2020, 7:00 PM EDT

" Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Bears are not pursuing the three-time Pro Bowler. "

I'd say somewhere under 9-10m JMO

I would spend $$$ on a right tackle but not guard at this point. Warford is going to want 15M per year.

IMHO, guards are more valuable these days. If you can stop the interior pressure and form an interior pocket, Tua has the field vision to get rid of it quickly. Keep the lanes open and the field clear in front of him. That's my top priority.

If we drafted a pure pocket passer, then I would agree that OT's are the premium.

But this team will thrive with great OG and OC play. It is how NFL Defenses are built now; pressure the middle. I don't think it is any coincidence that we drafted heavily and acquired many resources on the interior. And we also built with BFH's along the trenches. This team will be about power and winning at the LOS.

Having athletic big OG and OC that can pull has set the tone for our Offense. It is time to plow the road.

This design also suits Tua very well. His vision and deep ball will translate well with PA and quick reads for blitzes.

Tua will finally give us the confidence that a rocket is in the pocket... ready for launch. It's going to be exciting times again watching this team.

Back
Top Bottom