LAST DAY (WE HOPE) OF DC WATCH...COME ON FANGIO! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LAST DAY (WE HOPE) OF DC WATCH...COME ON FANGIO!

Quite honestly, if Fangio is first choice and Desai is 2....

I'm not waiting around on Fangio.

May will disagree, I get it.

I would be perfectly happy with Desai.

So if an offer was made and Fangio is gonna make Miami wait... no problem.move on to Desai and get it done.

This may sound petty, but I want the guy that WANTS to be the DC for the Dolphins not the guy who has the Phinz as the 2nd 3rd fall back option.

But who knows. Maybe GRYPHONK is wrong
Nope GRYPHONK is right who wants a guy that has us as his second or third choice .

I am calling it now:

Fangio to the 49ers. He likes the shannahan way and they know each other well. The 49ers are in the championship game and most likely superbowl bound and winning it all.

It was reported last night demeco ryan IS the fav in houston for hc and i FIRMLY believe that is what vic has been waiting on, the 49ers, NOT philly as sports mouths have been saturated with.

Miami reportedly rolled out the major red carpet for fangio on his interview day and agreed on everything vic wanted. But...., no signing.

Bad news if demeco gets the houston job. I think that cancels out fangio for us.

BRING ON DESAI before he gets scooped up!!!

Fangio can be announced at any time he/Miami would want if hired. Philly has absolutely no say in it. He is a not a coach for Philly. The NFL rules about times periods/permission to interview is for coaches. Fangio is a consultant. Hence he has already interviewed for like 3/4 teams and none needed permission from Philly.
Perhaps he has already agreed but doesn’t want to say he’s “leaving” his gig as a consultant for the Eagles until after they are eliminated from contention. It’s the classy thing to do, don’t cause distractions for the team that could potentially reach the Super Bowl. That being said, I hope the Eagles are eliminated today

I don't want anyone to be a coach on my team that's considering the Carolina Panthers as his other option.

I understand that they have some very talented defensive pieces for him to work with but as a whole the roster is putrid and the offense just has so little going for it.

If they were picking in the top 3 it might be a different story. I don't see them escaping mediocrity anytime soon.

I'm with @GRYPHONK on this one as well.

I want a guy who wants to be here as much as Mike McDaniel wanted to be here a year ago.

It appears Ryans will be leaving the 49ers to take the head coaching job with the Texans or Broncos. If he does leave the 49ers, I think Fangio going to work with Shanahan is a strong possibility if the Eagles DC position doesn’t become available.

As much as I would love to see the Dolphins hire Fangio. It’s seems to becoming apparent that he will likely have his pick of several quality teams to choose from and Miami just might not be at the top of that list if the the DC’s of the Eagles or the 49ers leave those teams.

Perhaps he has already agreed but doesn’t want to say he’s “leaving” his gig as a consultant for the Eagles until after they are eliminated from contention. It’s the classy thing to do, don’t cause distractions for the team that could potentially reach the Super Bowl. That being said, I hope the Eagles are eliminated today
If the Eagles are eliminated today that would be impressive with the game being tomorrow and all. 😂😂 couldn’t resist.

I am calling it now:

Fangio to the 49ers. He likes the shannahan way and they know each other well. The 49ers are in the championship game and most likely superbowl bound and winning it all.

It was reported last night demeco ryan IS the fav in houston for hc and i FIRMLY believe that is what vic has been waiting on, the 49ers, NOT philly as sports mouths have been saturated with.

Miami reportedly rolled out the major red carpet for fangio on his interview day and agreed on everything vic wanted. But...., no signing.

Bad news if demeco gets the houston job. I think that cancels out fangio for us.

BRING ON DESAI before he gets scooped up!!!
Go Eagles!

I don't want anyone to be a coach on my team that's considering the Carolina Panthers as his other option.

I understand that they have some very talented defensive pieces for him to work with but as a whole the roster is putrid and the offense just has so little going for it.

If they were picking in the top 3 it might be a different story. I don't see them escaping mediocrity anytime soon.

I want a guy who wants to be here as much as Mike McDaniel wanted to be here a year ago.
This is business. Needs to have other teams interested to boost his value.

Fangio was the DC for the Panthers in the mid 1990’s. Reich was a QB on the Panthers for one of the years Fangio was with the Panthers. So they do know each other. MCDaniel on the other hand has never coached on a team with Fangio.

I really don’t care what other teams Fangio might be considering. He will eventually sign with the team that he feels suits him the best. Which is exactly what he should do.

Hopefully he picks the Dolphins but if not, I just hope MCDaniel is able to hire a DC who can get a lot more out of the Dolphins defense than Boyer did this past season.

This is business. Needs to have other teams interested to boost his value.

Ya if money were an issue. I doubt it is in this scenario, both teams have wealthy owners willing to write blank checks.

This is a what does he want more situation. Western Carolina is an idyllic place to live so I can understand the draw. I don't want to have to convince someone to take the job in Miami though. I want someone to come in with a sense of greater purpose. Those people stick exist because our coach is one of them.

64 year old Vic Fangio needs how much more money in his life?

Fangio was the DC for the Panthers in the mid 1990’s. Reich was a QB on the Panthers for one of the years Fangio was with the Panthers. So they do know each other. MCDaniel on the other hand has never coached on a team with Fangio.

I really don’t care what other teams Fangio might be considering. He will eventually sign with the team that he feels suits him the best. Which is exactly what he should do.

Hopefully he picks the Dolphins but if not, I just hope MCDaniel is able to hire a DC who can get a lot more out of the Dolphins defense than Boyer did this past season.

Its really hard not to do better than Boyer. Who I was bummed we retained to begin with. Pretty much played out the way it was expected to.

Back
Top Bottom