Latest Boston Update | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest Boston Update

Now, this time around, if this does not get done, It WILL be Speilmans fault....Boston has clearly stated, he wants to be a Dolphin!.....now its in Speilmans hands, however, i dont like the phrase "ill be returning the call out of courtesy" seems like hes already made up his mind with that one.

Boston is a great reciever ... he just also has an amazing workout ethic. Imagine a 6-2 ... 240 pound monster zooming down the field at sub 4.4 40 speeds. I mean seriously ... I dont care if it was a couple of years ago ... you dont get 1600+ yards recieving without being a great reciever.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
wouldn't that make them non-loners
or cany two people be loners together?

Yes, two people can be together and still be alone. Just ask anyone who's been married!
;)

Originally posted by Rick 1966
I am shocked by how many people want this guy here but were against trading for Terrell Owens. Boston is TEN TIMES the headcase Owens is. I do NOT want this cancer in our locker room---our offense has enough problems.

I didn't want Owens b/c he's old and is at best a good WR who thinks he should be paid like a great WR. The people who tend to like Owens are the fans that watch his Sportscenter highlights. The fans that don't think he is that good are the ones that watch him drop passes every week.

Originally posted by Surferosa

We will not be responsible for his signing bonus (since SD alrerady paid it to him). So essentially, his base salary will account for his entire cap hit.

Plus, if he doesnt pan out and we elect to cut him, then we wont suffer any cap hit at all. (no Daryl Gardner backlash here).

Problmem is he has 3+ mil in SALARY this year, and it only get's bigger. I want him here, but we'd have to rework a deal, which means guranteeing him money. I want the guy, but it's not as simple as "if he pans out, cut him". If we restructure him, he's going to get bonuses.

3+ mil is very fair for the market value and david bostons ability...that being said, it's almost commonplace to have a deal restructed when a player is traded

He has shown us that he has disciple to focus on something(body building), I think he will change it to football soon he's still a young 25, took some time to fit into a new system, coach, QB last year if he stays in SD, he is easily over 1000 yards this year. If we can get him we will do so, it just comes down to do we want to pay the third or wait till see what happens after the Bonus is due, I think they will wait and see the bonus is due in 5 days, if no one else bits they may be able to get him cheaper. I think the wait & see approach is the right call, just hope they know what they are doing...

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
wouldn't that make them non-loners
or cany two people be loners together?

No. They would be lonely loners. They would be loners because they don't hang with the team. They don't go out with 20 guys. Right now, Ricky and Boston are simply alone. Put them together and they are loners. (see, loners is plural, that means more then one loner)

I think based on the fact that Spiel-man is refusing to answer the question wether the Dolphins have or don't have an interest in Boston is a clear sign that they don't want to give away their real intentions. I would think that if the fish were not interested that they would say so point blank. Even though they might say no to throw everybody off. I am hoping that the Spiel man gets off his kister and makes a deal worth cheering.

you can have more than one loner, i understand that
loners is plural in the sense that both ricky and boston are loners
but if they start hanging together, ricky and boston are friends, not loners

Story from the SD Union Tribune.

I am listening to Mighty1090 here in SD, and I am "efforting" the local host!

I will keep you posted!

Boston Good as one

Originally posted by touborg

Care to explain how "he is ten times Owens"?

Because Owens isn't a constant risk to fail a substance test and be suspended for four games.

Originally posted by WestPhish
I think based on the fact that Spiel-man is refusing to answer the question wether the Dolphins have or don't have an interest in Boston is a clear sign that they don't want to give away their real intentions.
Then he should'nt have said he was goona call them back.
I would think that if the fish were not interested that they would say so point blank.
Wanny did.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan

No. They would be lonely loners. They would be loners because they don't hang with the team. They don't go out with 20 guys. Right now, Ricky and Boston are simply alone. Put them together and they are loners. (see, loners is plural, that means more then one loner)

i dont know, somehow, i dont think these guys are alone on saturday night. in fact it wouldnt surprise me to see ricky putting his camera to good use.

Back
Top Bottom