Latest Boston Update | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest Boston Update

Dolphins | Interest In Boston - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:30:17 -0800

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports San Diego Chargers WR David Boston's agent, Mitch Frankel, talked with at least four teams Tuesday, March 9, interested in Boston, including the Miami Dolphins.

I believe if the rumors are true that Boston could be had for a 3rd, we have to make a move and make it quick. This is a no brainer!!!! 25 year old monster like Boston?!? We could get Kippy Brown back here to run the offense and we'd still be in the top 5. And even Gary Stevens would be able to make Chicken Salad with this team!!!!

Originally posted by Justasportsfan
Then he should'nt have said he was goona call them back. Wanny did.

When did Wanny say that?:confused:

Mighty 1090 just reported that it will be hard for the Chargers to trade him with his current contract.

I think that we will get him and we will restructure his contract to be more CAP friendly. However, 3.9 Million Cap hit is really nothing for a TOP 5 WR.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Now, this time around, if this does not get done, It WILL be Speilmans fault....Boston has clearly stated, he wants to be a Dolphin!.....now its in Speilmans hands, however, i dont like the phrase "ill be returning the call out of courtesy" seems like hes already made up his mind with that one.
It would'nt be his fault if Boston wont restructure his contract. 3.9 is way too much for someone who hasn't been an elite wr since 2001 , questionable character and an injury history.

Originally posted by BigFinFan
Story from the SD Union Tribune.

I am listening to Mighty1090 here in SD, and I am "efforting" the local host!

I will keep you posted!

Boston Good as one

great read! thanks big! now i really want to know what jerry sullivan is thiking right about now.

Its a boston market! get it?! its a bostonmark........oh well.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by WestPhish

When did Wanny say that?:confused:
It's in one of the links posted in all those threads about Boston. You're goona have to find it. But it's definitely somewhere.

I bet Jerry Sullivan is STOKED right now. If we pull the trigger on this deal, he would have 2 STUD WR's, plus JR Tolver waiting in the wings.

it's not worth looking for, wanny said something to the effect of
"were not trading for anyone"
what do you expect him to say though, yea weve got trades lined up for a few guys. thatd just be stupid, be a let down if we didnt get them, and tip our hands in negotiations, plus tip other teams off if they want to jump in. As the brunell deal showed the quicker and quieter you can get a deal done, the better

Originally posted by finfan54
Its a boston market! get it?! its a bostonmark........oh well.:rolleyes:

They closed the Boston Market near my house and turned it into a McDonalds.

I HATE McDonalds

Originally posted by BigFinFan
Mighty 1090 just reported that it will be hard for the Chargers to trade him with his current contract.

I think that we will get him and we will restructure his contract to be more CAP friendly. However, 3.9 Million Cap hit is really nothing for a TOP 5 WR.

Meaning we could take on that current contract instead of giving up a 3rd rounder, maybe a 6th. Which Miami would obviously make a trade for. We hold the cards because BOSTON wants to re-unite w/Sullivan and he might not want to go anywhere else but Miami while San Diego can't wait to get rid of him.

Chargers | Could Release Boston - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:37:44 -0800

Updating a previous story, the San Diego Union-Tribune reports even if the San Diego Chargers do not trade WR David Boston, they have discussed releasing him for philosophy and financial reasons. The Chargers are expected to trade or cut Boston before March 15 when a $3 million bonus is due to him

do not let him get to the open market, just pony up the 3rd rounder and bring him in now...if we can do it for less than a 3rd, even better

Back
Top Bottom