LaVar being reached out | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LaVar being reached out

I would love for the Dolphins to sign Arrington, but I don't see it happening. Arrington has a terrific ego and will demand a huge contract similar to Petersons. I am sure he probably thinks he is better than Peterson. Saban and Mueller are doing a good job managing the cap and stretching it to fill a lot of holes so they probably wont consider LA and a big contract because they still have other positions to fill and draft choices to give contracts to.

POTHEAD said:
Lavar Arrington wants big money. He wants to prove to the Redskins that he is worth the money that he was asking. Don't think that having players reaching out will help the cause.

you just shot yourself. what better way to show the Redskins than to be a Giant.

jphandal said:
i would love lavar arrington, but at the right price, and with the JP signing of 54 mill, i think he is out of our reach....Besides we dont have to have every good FA available, and though he is a definite upgrade at LB. I think we are fine, and adding a LB via the draft ( greenway maybe if he fall to us) we are fine...I actually think we had a better shot at landing JP (bcuz of the SAban ties) than we did arrington.

I agree 100%.

I firmly believe if Saban wants him, we'll get him. If he doesn't come here, then Saban has something else up his sleeve . . .

In Saban We Trust!

NYinBostonFin said:
It has me thinking we are going LB in draft.

EXACTLY!!!
We have a few good options at 16.
LB especially 3-4 ends (which is what we need) can have an instant impact the first year.

Thomas, Crowder, Taylor, 1st rounder (greenway maybe)

Thats downright nasty!

We cant afford every FA out there. We need to save some money for our 1st rounder. Additionally we need to worry about going too far over the cap next year or we have to disassemble a good thing. Noone wants that.

SR 7 said:
you are right. NE won a SB only when vrabel (SP), mcginest, (the MLB Can't remember his name) BRADY, their consistant playmkaing WR core, Harrison, Seymour....you are right, no great players just ok ones right there with 2-3 great ones....hahaa dude, think about it man. Steelers? bettis? parker? Ben? miller? polamalu? their whole LB core and DT's, good CB's. thats a solid team. who the hell is on our D signed taht compare to etiher one of those? we have about 3-4 good players on our D slash great and the rest are just stop gap to decent players until they mature up as a few are unrpoven young guys. we need more talent hence the big problem for our team for about a few years now. lack of talent.

I guess my point just keeps flying over your head.

Let me make this simple. You don't panic and overpay just because you need linebackers. It messes up your salary cap, and can cause team dissention. Arrington is a physically gifted player, but has issues.

Now look at the players you mentioned above and tell me which ones the Patriots or Steelers gave outrageous free-agent contracts to. Answer: none. It was good drafting and/or finding free agents at a good price that fit the system (i.e. Vrabel).

That is how those teams do business. They don't panic.

nlp0121 said:
And did PITT or NE throw tons of money at those guys just to get them? No. They got them via the draft and junk-pile. Harrison is really the only real FA signing there, and it's not like he got a ton of cash. We don't need to throw a bunch of money at an LB who had his best year playing DE in Marvin Lewis' scheme. Let him chase those dollars up to NY if that's what he wants to do. He not exactly the smartest player in the world either, which is pretty much the reason he's not a redskin anymore.

yout hink we are anywhere near finishing up our rebuilding process via drafT? we have at least next years nad maybe just maybe 1 more year after that to say we are good to go. they had a huge step ahead of us and that was drafting good players where as Wanny screwed that up BIG TIME for us. we only have bell and i think pope on our team from like 4 years of drafting where as NE has about half the guys i ebleive as someone did the stats on that and posted it a while back. tahts why we need to get those players we coudl have from the draft by FA this year so we can help us out while we build on the draft. think bro thiNK! and NE did waste money as they said in an article about 2 months ago and 2 of it was on their CB that were NOT WORTH THE MONEY that was aroudn the howard type of deal. paid a lot of money in FA for a few ppl that did not come up to play to those standards at all.

finfan54 said:
you just shot yourself. what better way to show the Redskins than to be a Giant.
If Lavar wants to play with the Giants and go up aginst the Redskins twice a year , than great for him. Don't want Lavar here. Now, if Lavar wants to play for a Saban and Capers and become a freak on defense than sign him today. Otherwise Lavar can go and chase and tackle the whole Redskins team and Danny Snider twice a year.

Springveldt said:
He had a hall of fame coach last season, are you trying to say Joe Gibbs is not a good coach?:eek:

wasn't he the one that demollished any self confidence and outlook o9n thigns that ramsey had?

Springveldt said:
Agreed. (Actually the Pats may have paid big money for Roosevelt Colvin, can't remember off the top of my head).
Arrington drove Marvin Lewis mad because he would not play in the scheme, he just decided to do his own thing a lot of the time.
For the amount of cash it is going to take to get Arrington, he is just not worth it. He has never really lived up to his hype.

uhh thensaban wouldn't be after him. he isn't wanny he knows who is good and can play well and who can't. I think the problem was taht he was on the wrong page with his coaches start of the year and he wasn't sure why and what happened and then things got blown up.

SR 7 said:
lavar never had a good team let alone a GOOD COACH we do. thats the point. how do you looka t things dude

Yeah, Joe Gibbs is nothing special. 3 Super Bowl trophies. Highly regarded around the league as one of the best head coaches in the history of the league. :shakeno:

PhinGeneral said:
I guess my point just keeps flying over your head.

Let me make this simple. You don't panic and overpay just because you need linebackers. It messes up your salary cap, and can cause team dissention. Arrington is a physically gifted player, but has issues.

Now look at the players you mentioned above and tell me which ones the Patriots or Steelers gave outrageous free-agent contracts to. Answer: none. It was good drafting and/or finding free agents at a good price that fit the system (i.e. Vrabel).

That is how those teams do business. They don't panic.

read post numbe 37

PhinGeneral said:
Yeah, Joe Gibbs is nothing special. 3 Super Bowl trophies. Highly regarded around the league as one of the best head coaches in the history of the league. :shakeno:

ok he is a good caoch but espn they kept talking about how he screwed up ramsey's head and made many stupid decisions I am going off what they were saying about him

SR 7 said:
yout hink we are anywhere near finishing up our rebuilding process via drafT? we have at least next years nad maybe just maybe 1 more year after that to say we are good to go. they had a huge step ahead of us and that was drafting good players where as Wanny screwed that up BIG TIME for us. we only have bell and i think pope on our team from like 4 years of drafting where as NE has about half the guys i ebleive as someone did the stats on that and posted it a while back. tahts why we need to get those players we coudl have from the draft by FA this year so we can help us out while we build on the draft. think bro thiNK! and NE did waste money as they said in an article about 2 months ago and 2 of it was on their CB that were NOT WORTH THE MONEY that was aroudn the howard type of deal. paid a lot of money in FA for a few ppl that did not come up to play to those standards at all.

I would love to reply, but I just can't follow .... :confused:
Just bell & pope? please tell me you're joking

SR 7 said:
read post numbe 37

I did. Still doesn't excuse wasting big money on Arrington.

BTW, Belichick won a SB in his 2nd year with a bunch of mid-line veterans. He didn't feel the need to panic because the previous coach didn't leave him much.

Back
Top Bottom