LaVar being reached out | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LaVar being reached out

SR 7 said:
yout hink we are anywhere near finishing up our rebuilding process via drafT? we have at least next years nad maybe just maybe 1 more year after that to say we are good to go. they had a huge step ahead of us and that was drafting good players where as Wanny screwed that up BIG TIME for us. we only have bell and i think pope on our team from like 4 years of drafting where as NE has about half the guys i ebleive as someone did the stats on that and posted it a while back. tahts why we need to get those players we coudl have from the draft by FA this year so we can help us out while we build on the draft. think bro thiNK! and NE did waste money as they said in an article about 2 months ago and 2 of it was on their CB that were NOT WORTH THE MONEY that was aroudn the howard type of deal. paid a lot of money in FA for a few ppl that did not come up to play to those standards at all.

You do realize Wanny drafted Chambers and McMichael right?

As much as I would like to see Lavar in Miami, he is going to want close to the same amount of money that Peterson just got, and I think that I would prefere just to get a rookie, or a LB in FA that isnt as high profile so to speak. Preferably a rookie.

go to the draft we need young linebackers...as of last year the miami defensive unit was the oldest starting lineup in the NFL so i think it cant hurt to go young...look what he did with daniels and crowder and they did fine last year...

I agree, LA would be nice to have, but not at the price he's probably going to get. We'd be better off spending the $$ on the multiple spots we need upgrades at (DT, OL, Safety, #2 or #3 WR) and get a top tier LB in the first round. If he doesn't get at least 2 or 3 of the above, he'll really need to get a 2nd round or another 3rd to get some decent players. Unless we get really lucky with late round picks.

SR 7 said:
who said anything abotu putting tyhem over the4 top? if you ask me, parker put the Steelers over the top. he was so HUGE to their offense its amazing. evne in the SB he did what he did all season long. 70+ yard TD runs to change the momentum and pace of the game. itj was amazing. lavar never had a good team let alone a GOOD COACH we do. thats the point. how do you looka t things dude

Please. Willie Parker put the steelers over the top? You plug in ANY football player, maybe even any person off the street, that can run a 4.2-4.3 40 into that RB position on the steelers and you'll get the same results. Maybe Alan Faneca, Jeff Hartings and co. combined w/ a lil luck put the steelers over the top this year. It makes me laugh every time someone talks about how great willie parker is. Lavar Arrington, while i cannot disagree w/ his great physical skills, is nto a very smart player. The reason he was so great at penn state was because he didn't need to follow plays and schemes at the college level to succeed, that is how freakishly athletic he is. I believe Arrington CAN become a huge playmaker, as you say. But without the right coaching and a lot of effort from Arrington from a mind standpoint, he'll amount to nothing more than he did in washington.

SR 7 said:
did they not have harrison? a attitude player that lavar has? did they not have vrabel? brady? law? mcginiest? seymoure? the mlb the name doesnt come to mind right now?

Harrison came before their 2nd SB, and they didn't splurge for him. Vrabel was nothing special until he got to NE. Brady was a late round pick. If you're going to argue, at least have a bit more knowledge.

You also seem to forget that we have Taylor, Thomas, McMichael, Williams and Chambers, not just Bell and Pope. Wannstadt left us bare at levels of depth, and not necessarily at skill positions.

The Patriots won their first SB with a bunch of mid-line veterans and Tom Brady. Their defense was average, as was their running game and O-line. They won that SB by coming together as a team, not because they had stars at every position and spend a boatload on high priced free agents.

Their second Super Bowl was Belichick's 4th year. Saban is only in his second. Again, you need to calm down.

Arrington is no superstar. He's a guy who's honed his rep making sacks in meaningless games. That said, he's certainly no stiff, but is he worth big dollars? Ask the Redskins.

Back
Top Bottom