LaVar being reached out | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LaVar being reached out

PhinGeneral said:
I did. Still doesn't excuse wasting big money on Arrington.

BTW, Belichick won a SB in his 2nd year with a bunch of mid-line veterans. He didn't feel the need to panic because the previous coach didn't leave him much.

You make too much sense, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Arrington won't make or break this team...we already have a great LB with Zach and an up and coming with Crowder...Hodges and Spraghan give us the other strengths we need. In the OE position, we have JT and Bowens to back him up...

That's not to say that we wouldn't be a better team with him, just that it's not the most serious need right now...Besides, we could be going LB in the draft as well...Wouldn't it be great if Greenway were available to us at #16 ?? At any rate, there's no reason to worry right now...I'd rather see us get Ashworth now than Arrington...Again, I wouldn't cry if we did, but there are a few more holes that we could fill in FA than LB...

PhinGeneral said:

BTW, Belichick won a SB in his 2nd year with a bunch of mid-line veterans. He didn't feel the need to panic because the previous coach didn't leave him much.

did they not have harrison? a attitude player that lavar has? did they not have vrabel? brady? law? mcginiest? seymoure? the mlb the name doesnt come to mind right now?

SR 7 said:
wasn't he the one that demollished any self confidence and outlook o9n thigns that ramsey had?

No, that was Spurrier....

PhinGeneral said:

Phin, I agree with your point...but for the benefit of sr7...remember that BB had 4 years of Parcells drafts to build off of when he took over NE...big difference than what Saban has to build off of...

LarryFinFan said:
Phin, I agree with your point...but for the benefit of sr7...remember that BB had 4 years of Parcells drafts to build off of when he took over NE...big difference than what Saban has to build off of...

exactly. we had no one. w e had bell and pope i believe. look at the players NE had half the draft players we had NONE. thats what i am saying we dont have that benefit so we cant wait around for our team to be complete via draft b/c by then we wont have our great players we have now.

SR 7 said:
did they not have harrison? a attitude player that lavar has? did they not have vrabel? brady? law? mcginiest? seymoure? the mlb the name doesnt come to mind right now?
harrison : no, they didn't have him yet. yes he's an attitude player, but also a smart player

vrabel: was the 5th linebacker
law: 8 year vet at that time
mcginist: another veteran who had always been a pat
seymore: was a rookie rotating on the line with other vets
brady: didn't start 'till week 4 i believe, and they really had no idea what they had in him

most of these guys, except maybe Law and Mcginist, were not house hold names at all until they got rings on their fingers.

LarryFinFan said:

I thought Pete Carroll took over after Parcells. I'm wrong a lot though....

He wants to be a Giant because he wants to play Redskins and Philly twice a year.

I think Arrington is overrated, especially given his dodgy play after his injury. If we get him, great, if we don't it was fate because God is a dolphins fan. :)

PhinGeneral said:
That is really a poor understanding of football. NE didn't always have great players. Neither did Pittsburgh. And in fact, both teams have allowed great players to leave over the years without replacing them by making big name signings.

The year before NE went to the superbowl for the second time, they signed Ted Washington, Harrison, and Colvin. That is a pretty active FA.

nlp0121 said:
harrison : no, they didn't have him yet. yes he's an attitude player, but also a smart player

vrabel: was the 5th linebacker
law: 8 year vet at that time
mcginist: another veteran who had always been a pat
seymore: was a rookie rotating on the line with other vets
brady: didn't start 'till week 4 i believe, and they really had no idea what they had in him

most of these guys, except maybe Law and Mcginist, were not house hold names at all until they got rings on their fingers.

attitude meaning a good thing not a bad one. i meant in the sense of what barnes does to us on OFF. a lot of emotions. Law was stil at the time considered a great CB, only 8th year vet? they are in their primes aroudn then not when they are in their 12th year. and i think brady came in a lot later then that? towards the end, not sure.

SR 7 said:
wasn't he the one that demollished any self confidence and outlook o9n thigns that ramsey had?
Think that may have been Spurrier but if Gibbs thought he wasn't good enough to start, then thats good enough for me. Even if Gibbs did demoralise a player all that says to me is that the player wasn't good enough to begin with.

SR 7 said:
Harrison is an attitude player but also a very smart player. He may not be the most athletically gifted safety but he reads the game so well.
Arrington is also an attitude player but unfortunately that attitude is completely different to Harrisons. Arrington is very much a "me" player, a very athletically gifted "me" player all the same.
In my opinion Harrison and Arrington are nothing alike.
Vrabel was a backup LB in Pittsburgh before BB got a hold of him.
Brady was an unknown and had to step in when Bledsoe got hurt.
Law and McGinest were among the best in the league at their positions.
Seymoure was not the superstar he is today, he was still learning and in the DL rotation.
Brushci is the MLB I think you are refering to and I always thought he was a solid player who went on to become a great player.

Back
Top Bottom