Lazor = Hire his own Offensive Staff? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lazor = Hire his own Offensive Staff?

Dominate

I just want to WIN !
Reaction score
Now that we have our OC in Lazor, what do you think happens to the holdovers from Sherman's / Philbins offensive staff?

Surely, Zac Taylor has to be out the door...Jim Turner also...

What ever it takes to improve, but Joe should have guys that his as well.

Not sure but I would definitely say Turner and Taylor are on shaky ground anyway. I'm still trying to figure out if Lazor will employ a ZBS or power scheme with the O-line. Really the O-line can be molded either way since the majority of the O-lineman are free agents.

Zac Taylor is in over his head anyway and Tannehill getting sound QB coaching from someone else could only benefit him. Taylor has been with him since his college days.

That was probably hashed out in the interview but I seriously doubt Zac Taylor leaves.

Remember Philbin is still in charge

Please God let that be the case. None of Turner, Taylor or O'Keefe are in the least bit impressive as offensive coaches.

I believe O'Keefe was very good in Iowa at developing raw players - though I can't say I saw much of that in Miami with the receivers. There might be a role for him somewhere, but I'd prefer if Lazor handed the WR job to a new appointee.

Dan Campell has done a nice job with Clay and with getting something back from Egnew. No idea who our RBs coach is and can't say I'm thrilled with their pace of development so far.

Zack Taylor has to go. When was he ever around enough quality quarterbacking to be a competent quarterback coach.

If I'm Lazor, the efficiency of the offense is on me. If my coaches are not up to par, I fight for the right to get rid of them. Of course Philbin is the boss, but if he won't let me fire someone I think needs to go, I make sure everyone knows up front, loud and clear how I feel.

I really like the way the iowa staff developes players. At iowa they had more nfl bound players than most college teams, maybe even the most?

And in mia I've seen more players develop under them than I've seen in years.

I see no reason to mess with that.

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 55s
I'm told that new @MiamiDolphins OC Bill Lazor is planning to keep current offensive assistant coaches in place per Joe Philbin's request

It surely had to be a topic of discussion in the interview I would think. I would surely hope that if Lazor had some of his people he wanted to bring in that Joe would be open to it.

Hopefulyl Zac Taylor already has his office cleaned out as far as I am concerned. He had no business being in that position anyhow. I'm also pretty down on Turner, but have to admit he sure as hell wasn't given much to work with.

I'm still kind of down on Philbin, and every other coach on this staff, for the collosal 2 game collapse to end the season. Haven't quite gotten over it yet.

Back
Top Bottom