Lazor = Hire his own Offensive Staff? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lazor = Hire his own Offensive Staff?

This has the feel of another wasted year. My prediction is it will be Philbins last and that his loyalty's to some of his sub par coaches will be his undoing.

I was headed in that direction, but today changes everything as far as the coaching staff is considered. We have parts. What we need is the playcalling and coaching to get these guys high powered. That simple. Dont know what happened to the up tempo part of this offense but it surely will take its turn.

I was relieved when I heard this on the radio but it wasnt mentioned a whole lot during ESPN breaks. Only once, so I had to get home to confirm.

Not saying Turner is the best OLine coach but seriously you guys talk about him like we had good pieces and he didn't fit them right. Talent wise, we had the worst OL in the entire NFL. How much do you expect of him?

How is this forgotten when there are talks of him staying? Immediately the finheaven hive-mind just starts spouting "Philbin is stubborn" "Philbin has to go" like you people have forgotten these facts? Bad players can only be coached so much...

And why the hell is Zac Taylor getting so much hate? Can someone please explain this to me? I saw nothing but improvement from Tanne this season, statistically and just on the eye test. So Zac Taylor is to blame for our Offensive Line completely handicapping our Offense?

Someone? Anyone care to explain this to me? I must be confused, seeing as how everyone here thinks Philbin should be fired due to wanting to keep some of his staff. Like his staff could've done anything with the "talent" we had at OLine.

I saw nothing but improvement from Tanne this season, statistically and just on the eye test.

Rewatch the last two games. And get an eye exam while you're at it.

How is that the coaches fault? If Tanny would step the F up and move in the pocket better and Oh yeah maybe throw the ball more accurate maybe we would have won one of those last two games.

I saw a QB getting hit in less than 3 seconds while the defenses jumped the short routes. I don't know how much more he could have done.

I saw a QB getting hit in less than 3 seconds while the defenses jumped the short routes. I don't know how much more he could have done.

I give him a pass for the Buffalo game but he stunk it up vs the Jets. He missed a wide open Wallace (AGAIN) which would have put us up 14 at the time changing the whole complexion of the game. I think his knee might have been a lot worse than we knew though so I'm not even that mad about the Jets performance.

Someone? Anyone care to explain this to me? I must be confused, seeing as how everyone here thinks Philbin should be fired due to wanting to keep some of his staff. Like his staff could've done anything with the "talent" we had at OLine.

This

So what I'm seeing here is people refuting my point about the O-Line and QB coaches needing changed by saying either a) RT didn't do a good job or b) the O-Line stunk. But then at the same time RT can't be held accountable and neither can the coaches.

To me, that is making my point. The O-Line wasn't bad when it was bad. It was bad to epic proportions. But it wasn't bad every game. The players there aren't great, but they didn't come into the season with the reputation of being terrible. Our center is supposed to be one of the best in the league.

So, how is it that the O-Line coach gets a pass for not making the line at least passable? Why is it that the line performed well some games in the second half of the season and failed utterly in the last two games? To that point, RT, IIRC, struggled mightily even when he had time in those two games. He was inaccurate, he turned the ball over and his deep ball ... and he did have opportunities to connect deep in those games ... still wasn't there.

The players might not be great, but they performed extremely poorly especially at a clutch time. The team wasn't ready to play either of those games. It could be the personnel, it could be the coaches ... it very well might be both.

Forgive me, but I am not ready to just say it was all the players when the coaches in question -- Taylor and Turner -- both were related to Sherman who is extremely close to Philbin. That was an incestuous mess.

I seriously think some posters here are so desperate for good news or have developed such low expectations now that they'll accept just about anything without voicing any kind of dissent. You've hired a guy who seems to have a chance to be a good OC, and you are forcing him to keep coaches of dubious backgrounds whose positions underperformed at the most important time of the year ... and yet you are going to blame it 100 percent on the players. SMH

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 55s
I'm told that new @MiamiDolphins OC Bill Lazor is planning to keep current offensive assistant coaches in place per Joe Philbin's request

Just Marvez stirring the pot. He has no clue what is going to happen. It is more likely that there will be a couple of changes to the offensive assistants. Obviously, the Qb coach and oline coach are on the hot seat.

Philbin was on the verge of quitting when told he would have to fire Sherman, but Sherman convinced Philbin that if he(Sherman) was fired than Philbin would be able to save all the other assistant coaches' jobs. This was reported in one of the Miami newspapers. If that is the case, why would Philbin give Lazor hiring power over his assistants? I think Lazor is stuck with the assistant coaches he has.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt he brings sweeping changes to the staff. He may bring in one or two guys, but he may very well bring in no one. What is a certainty is that we should draft 3 OL and bring in several FA's along the OL.

I'm thinking the Lasor/Taylor dynamic will be like with Saban having a DB coach. He may be QB coach in name but we'll know who the true QB coach will be.

Back
Top Bottom