Lazor = Hire his own Offensive Staff? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lazor = Hire his own Offensive Staff?

Wouldn't be surprised to see turner stay unless something awful about him comes out the snake report.

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 55s
I'm told that new @MiamiDolphins OC Bill Lazor is planning to keep current offensive assistant coaches in place per Joe Philbin's request

Ugh....This disappoints me to no end...

THIS MAKES NO FRICKEN SENSE! ! ! !

Dammit Philbin....too fricken stubborn to a fault.

It surely had to be a topic of discussion in the interview I would think. I would surely hope that if Lazor had some of his people he wanted to bring in that Joe would be open to it.

Hopefulyl Zac Taylor already has his office cleaned out as far as I am concerned. He had no business being in that position anyhow. I'm also pretty down on Turner, but have to admit he sure as hell wasn't given much to work with.

I'm still kind of down on Philbin, and every other coach on this staff, for the collosal 2 game collapse to end the season. Haven't quite gotten over it yet.

Other than the fact that the kid is young and connected to Sherman there is no evidence Zac Taylor is doing an inferior job.
Sounds like the staff is very high on the kid as very bright and hard working.

You know who that sounds like?

Jason Garrett who landed his first coaching job as Miami's QB coach and everyon was furious he left for dallas

I posted this in another thread but why does everyone think Turner needs to be let go? 99% of the people on this board said the talent that Ireland supplied for the o-line sucked. There are even reports that Philbin wanted upgrades to Martin at LT and Ireland did nothing. I guess by question is: Why should Turner be held as 100% accountable when he couldn't turn chicken **** (which Ireland supplied) into chicken salad?

The comments that Zac Taylor has to go - are they based on him being Sherman's son in law or his actual coaching ability?
While Taylor was very inexperienced going into the role, You would have to say that Tannehill made pretty good progress over the season, so do we dismiss the QB Coach's effort?
Taylor was also seen as one of the best up and coming coaches on the staff. Just because he is Sherman's son in law, doesn't mean that he doesn't have decent coaching potential. It will be very interesting to see if he is kept on staff.

I'm not worried about it. Worst case if Lazor doesn't like the job Taylor is doing he'll step in and do the job himself and we'll probably get ourselves a new QB coach soon thereafter.

I'd assume Lazor came here partially because he like the staff in place.
Crazy, right?

Seriously, some of your guys deep need to complain is beyond pathetic. Woman.... Woman everywhere... Go cook some brownies or something, and calm down.

Please God let that be the case. None of Turner, Taylor or O'Keefe are in the least bit impressive as offensive coaches.

I believe O'Keefe was very good in Iowa at developing raw players - though I can't say I saw much of that in Miami with the receivers. There might be a role for him somewhere, but I'd prefer if Lazor handed the WR job to a new appointee.

Dan Campell has done a nice job with Clay and with getting something back from Egnew. No idea who our RBs coach is and can't say I'm thrilled with their pace of development so far.

Personally, I like O'Keefe, and think there should be a role for him, as for the other two (Or all the others)....please replace with competent coaches.

Yep....sorry guys, my bad...Every offensive problem this team had this year was all Sherman's fault. All the other Offensive Coaches are pure geniuses who were held back by Sherman. SMFH....

I posted this in another thread but why does everyone think Turner needs to be let go? 99% of the people on this board said the talent that Ireland supplied for the o-line sucked. There are even reports that Philbin wanted upgrades to Martin at LT and Ireland did nothing. I guess by question is: Why should Turner be held as 100% accountable when he couldn't turn chicken **** (which Ireland supplied) into chicken salad?

Not saying Turner should be fired, but when you statistically have the worst OL in Miami history? You lose the benefit of the doubt

You want someone fired just to be fired?

No, not at all. But the fact of the matter is every one on that offensive staff needs to be held accountable for the production this season. I would at least like to have seen Lazor given the ability to make a few changes if he felt he had someone that could improve the staff. If he was given that ability and still kept the people currently in place, then I would be fine with that.

Not saying Turner should be fired, but when you statistically have the worst OL in Miami history? You lose the benefit of the doubt

It was also probably the worst in talent as well. You have ****ty players, you will get ****ty results.

To me Ireland forgot the "5 Important P's", Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. He had no plan at all to solidify the o-line last offseason after Long went to St. Louis which left him scrambling midseason to find a replacement. Hell he could have even traded from Brandon Albert during the draft but he ****ed that one up to because he thought he was smarter than everyone else in the room. People in the room who told him they needed more talent along the o-line and he did nothing.

Other than the fact that the kid is young and connected to Sherman there is no evidence Zac Taylor is doing an inferior job.
Sounds like the staff is very high on the kid as very bright and hard working.

You know who that sounds like?

Jason Garrett who landed his first coaching job as Miami's QB coach and everyon was furious he left for dallas

How can you compare Garrett and Taylor. Jason Garrett played 15 years in the NFL at the QB position. He pisses more football / QB knowledge and experience down the drain than Zac Taylor has even begun to learn. His only coaching experience is 4 years at Texas A&M. Would that amount of experience get him an interview for a NFL QB coaching gig anywhere else? No way in hell.

Back
Top Bottom