Lazor = Hire his own Offensive Staff? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lazor = Hire his own Offensive Staff?

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 55s
I'm told that new @MiamiDolphins OC Bill Lazor is planning to keep current offensive assistant coaches in place per Joe Philbin's request

I dont like this at all. I'm against keeping Zac Taylor, but the thing that bothers me the most is that Philbin isn't allowing his OC to get the kinds of coaches he needs to implement his offensive plan. Sherman and Coyle were allowed to fill out their own staff with assistants they chose, so why can't Lazor? I hope this tweet turns out to be false.

Turner and his macho drill sergeant shtick should be shown the door. Forget about the under-performance of the OL; if nothing more it should be for the Incog Martin tempest in a teapot imploding on his watch. And Zac Taylor who never coached in the pros before, never coached QBs at Texas A&M (and some of that time being as an intern for daddy inlaw). If you think he should stay, fuhgettaboutit!!!!!

What the hell is the point if Lazor isn't going to hire his own people? Is he going to also be forced to run Sherman's system?

Surely, Zac Taylor has to be out the door...Jim Turner also...

I would welcome those changes but I don't think there's a chance in hell that Philbin fires or allows his OC to fire his son-in-law. I think the best we can hope for is that Lazor takes a hands-on approach with RT and becomes the de facto qb coach.

I would welcome those changes but I don't think there's a chance in hell that Philbin fires or allows his OC to fire his son-in-law. I think the best we can hope for is that Lazor takes a hands-on approach with RT and becomes the de facto qb coach.

it's Sherman's son in law

I'd assume Lazor came here partially because he like the staff in place.
Crazy, right?

You could be assuming wrong. So why give the benefit of doubt?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

What the hell is the point if Lazor isn't going to hire his own people? Is he going to also be forced to run Sherman's system?

I'd be surprised if they gave Lazor this much latitude. If they're going to let Lazor replace the offensive coaching staff and implement his own offense, then why exactly is Philbin still there? Philbin comes from the offensive side of the ball. I have to believe that they're still going to let him keep his offense in place as well as just about all the coaches. To give Lazor hiring and firing control, and allow him to put in his own offense, would essentially neuter Philbin.

I dont like this at all. I'm against keeping Zac Taylor, but the thing that bothers me the most is that Philbin isn't allowing his OC to get the kinds of coaches he needs to implement his offensive plan. Sherman and Coyle were allowed to fill out their own staff with assistants they chose, so why can't Lazor? I hope this tweet turns out to be false.

There is no evidence Lazor won't be able to hire his own guys, or at least have some input on the matter (a tweet is NOT evidence). Lazor probably hasn't even met anybody on the staff yet let alone had the opportunity to judge their coaching technique so why would he want to fire guys he knows little about right out of the gate and why would Philbin agree to that? If I were to guess I would say Philbin told Lazor to work with the staff for a while and give him any input then Philbin would decide if they should try to find upgrades at those positions.

Just be patient, and like I said earlier if worst comes to worst and Lazor thinks Taylor is holding Tannehill back with bad coaching then Lazor can step in in the meantime.

alex marvez ‏@alexmarvez 55s
i'm told that new @miamidolphins oc bill lazor is planning to keep current offensive assistant coaches in place per joe philbin's request

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

F*CK Philbin, seriously he is freaking clueless. I hope his ass gets fired next year. He wanted to keep Sherman, now his other bozos.

I'm told that new @MiamiDolphins OC Bill Lazor is planning to keep current offensive assistant coaches in place per Joe Philbin's request

That clinches it for me. We have to get rid of Philbin. This is insane.

So much for being able to feel good about this hiring.

This has the feel of another wasted year. My prediction is it will be Philbins last and that his loyalty's to some of his sub par coaches will be his undoing.

Lazor will be able to run his offense and will collaborate with Philbin. Philbin is going to let him run his offense. Its all his. All he needs his coaches to do is get in line and follow orders. This stuff gets weeded out later.

The offense will be up tempo as it should have been and we were excellent in two minute drill. Why wouldnt we use it more?

Back
Top Bottom