League Discipline? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

League Discipline?

volk

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
What are the chances the NFL enacts some sort of disciplinary action against the Dolphins for tanking? I have never heard of anything being done to talent bereft NFL teams before, but I have also never heard the kind of coverage Miami is getting for any other team supposedly tanking. Usually there is a simple acknowledgement that there isn’t a lot of talent on a team, but never before have I heard so many sportscasters actually referring to a team as tanking. This is what I am starting to hear after just one week. If Miami moves Minkah or X, it will get far worse.

Goodell is so unpredictable to me. He is letting AB play this week (unless something has changed in just the last few hours), but a widely discussed deliberate failure of a team to move up in the draft might actually be the kind of thing that spurs him into action. Plus, since his favorite team is in the AFCE, it would give him a chance to keep Craft in good standing with him.

Maybe it’s absurd, but a part of me really wonders if the league will actually do something on this.

I don't see any. It's just a theory on how to rebuild.

Now, could the league implement something like a draft lottery or some other method to keep teams from trying essentially to intentionally lose? I definitely could see that happen. It doesn't look good for the league to have completely uncompetitive teams and games.

The league will definitely look at all of its options.
There will not be any official disciplinary action.
Behind closed doors, Ross will get an earful.

If the tank is deemed a success, as in Miami obtains a generational talent at QB through this strategy, it is guaranteed changes will be proposed. Whether they are passed is another thing altogether...

The next few years of NFL football have Miami either being laughingstocks (Cleveland level or beyond) or villains. Hope the fanbase is ready.

draft lottery is only fair if the Bottom 5 teams flip a coin for the first 5 spots, then the next 5 flip for the next 5. But like poster above said, it has to be a seasons notice anyway. So if we are aiming for Lawrence, we're screwed.

If we lose 59-10 every week, I can see the NFL calling. But they can't do anything right now because it's not against the rules. If it pans out, we will start a trend in the NFL.

I could see the league stepping in and investigating, if we keep losing games by astronomical amounts. Taking a first round pick away would definitely deter future obvious, terrible tank jobs.

Nah. Not that we had any chance against Baltimore, but we got blown out because the defense was all around clueless on what to do. You can't investigate bad coaching. Anyone thinking we went out there and are gonna continue to go out there to lose is an idiot.

Speaking of tanking, if several teams go 0-16, what are the tiebreakers? I'm guessing point differential is somehow involved. I'm sure this answer is somewhere...so maybe I'll go google it. Friday afternoon...I'm ready for a nap.

-- Grabbed from Wikipedia. Strength of schedule is top item.

Back
Top Bottom