League News, cuts, signings, rumors….. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

League News, cuts, signings, rumors…..

Not really

1. Waddle
2 FA addition
3. Parker / rookie getting snaps

Everyone else on the roster is fighting for their wr snaps
I wouldn’t count on Parker either being on the team or if he is, to be healthy. Either way, you need to find a replacement for him.

So much hate for Jones, no idea why because he's a lockdown corner. Doesn't get the turnovers, but that's why we have X
You must have a different definition of the term lockdown. Your lockdown definition is probably more like many of ours "semi-permeable" definition.

Ian Rapaport says rookie edge rusher class pretty deep. Might lower price a little on FA edge rushers.

Chandler Jones is not expected to be franchised tag ($25 million) by Cardinals. They either have to fit him under salary cap or he likely walks.

I love Uzomah. I would give him a good hard look in free agency and would let Gesicki walk .
Your joking right? Uzomah
I love Uzomah. I would give him a good hard look in free agency and would let Gesicki walk .
You are joking right?! He's not a great player. Blocking has gotten better since he left college, but he's nothing special.

I wouldn’t count on Parker either being on the team or if he is, to be healthy. Either way, you need to find a replacement for him.
Ehh he only saves the team 3 million but brings number 1 wideout ability when healthy. Hmm vs number 3 corner is also very juicy even if it’s for 12-14 games. With our cap I don’t see how cutting him is beneficial when we don’t need the 3 million and let’s face it 3 million gets you pretty much a back up with how inflated these contracts are due to cap increase. Next year is the year to move on, we’d save 7 million if he’s not worth it as a 3rd.

So much hate for Jones, no idea why because he's a lockdown corner. Doesn't get the turnovers, but that's why we have X
I have to go along with @Schleprock on this one. "Lockdown" is a big overstatement. Jones is a very good corner, that is a little overpaid.

Some ppl hate that he is overpaid, but by the same token, he isn't easily replaced either. And no, I'm not looking for speculation on how you can get player X for Y amount.

I love X, and his "cowboy style", but you can't have everyone in the secondary with that mindset.

Jones is over paid but that was the deal if we wanted the player. Since Jones teamed up with X we've had 2 very strong CBs and it has permitted us to play a type of defense that gets a lot of turnovers. We MUST keep Ogbah, he's another important piece of what we do. Every team has some less than great contracts, Jones is one of ours. We drafted the future in the first round a couple of years ago but Iggy hasn't been anything but a disappointment. That's a terrible whiff by Grier.

Back
Top Bottom