League News, cuts, signings, rumors….. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

League News, cuts, signings, rumors…..

Keep Gesicki, he's cheaper and probably better, this team needs to keep productive players to have consistency, replace Parker because he's only available for 6 games a year,
Bring in a true slot receiver, (cole Beasley) and make Duke Johnson your full time starter, and draft a Breece Hall to back him up.

Reactions: BSQ
Your joking right? Uzomah

You are joking right?! He's not a great player. Blocking has gotten better since he left college, but he's nothing special.
Umm no, I'm not kidding, and Uzomah's blocking is like Orlando Pace compared to Gesicki.

Ehh he only saves the team 3 million but brings number 1 wideout ability when healthy. Hmm vs number 3 corner is also very juicy even if it’s for 12-14 games. With our cap I don’t see how cutting him is beneficial when we don’t need the 3 million and let’s face it 3 million gets you pretty much a back up with how inflated these contracts are due to cap increase. Next year is the year to move on, we’d save 7 million if he’s not worth it as a 3rd.
It doesn't work like that. Just because you would consider Parker as your third receiver, that doesn't mean he lines up on the other team's nickel corner. Parker is strictly an outside receiver. He's unreliable health wise, does not get much separation or run after the catch, I don't think he's a great fit with Tua or with McDaniel's scheme, and I think the team can do better in the draft or free agency. I felt this team should have moved on from him about two years ago.

Two days and no one tagged yet. Anyone think we are negotiating with our own free agents?

Your joking right? Uzomah

You are joking right?! He's not a great player. Blocking has gotten better since he left college, but he's nothing special.
" ...nothing special" as comparable to a reliable NFL blocker?
Wouldn't that be an improvement for our team? - LOL

Jones is over paid but that was the deal if we wanted the player. Since Jones teamed up with X we've had 2 very strong CBs and it has permitted us to play a type of defense that gets a lot of turnovers. We MUST keep Ogbah, he's another important piece of what we do. Every team has some less than great contracts, Jones is one of ours. We drafted the future in the first round a couple of years ago but Iggy hasn't been anything but a disappointment. That's a terrible whiff by Grier.
Are all "whiffs" terrible, or just "par for the course" when drafting in the NFL?

Since about 50% of the first-round draftees "fail to deliver" relative to their draft placement, it seems inevitable that there will be "whiffs".

I think you are understating how effective Grier's drafting has been. You seem to ignore that he works with our HC during the draft and responds to some of the HC's directed preferences. You also seem to ignore or understate his successes.

I have no intention of going back over your older posts to bring up examples.

The fact that I have developed a sensitivity to your anti-Grier posts is due to your previous anti-Grier posts. They have made an impression on me, and not a very good one.

Are all "whiffs" terrible, or just "par for the course" when drafting in the NFL?

Since about 50% of the first-round draftees "fail to deliver" relative to their draft placement, it seems inevitable that there will be "whiffs".

I think you are understating how effective Grier's drafting has been. You seem to ignore that he works with our HC during the draft and responds to some of the HC's directed preferences. You also seem to ignore or understate his successes.

I have no intention of going back over your older posts to bring up examples.

The fact that I have developed a sensitivity to your anti-Grier posts is due to your previous anti-Grier posts. They have made an impression on me, and not a very good one.
Agree with most of what you posit here.

One thing I do hold against Grier is that as the "GM" he has the authority, and responsibility, to put his foot down and say "NO" when required. I have nothing against Iggy, but drafting a guy with very limited experience at corner in Rd1, based on "maybe" potential alone is a bone headed move. Sure, if it works out he's a genius but it was an unecessary risk at the time. I know Flores was behind it, but still.

Keep Gesicki, he's cheaper and probably better, this team needs to keep productive players to have consistency, replace Parker because he's only available for 6 games a year,
Bring in a true slot receiver, (cole Beasley) and make Duke Johnson your full time starter, and draft a Breece Hall to back him up.
If had Hall, Duke immediately takes the backseat

Back
Top Bottom