LEAST favorite all time phin players... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LEAST favorite all time phin players...

The Dolphins I really hated:

Cecil Collins (easily number 1)

and in no particular order:
Jay Fiedler
Hunter Goodwin
Yatil Green

I also hated Thurman Thomas before he was a Dolphin but he really helped us as a Fin even when he was injured (at Buffalo he really helped us psychologically)

Sammy Smith. I remember being somewhat excited when we drafted him, but I don't remember him doing anything as a Dolphin

Well I remember him fumbling over the goal line two weeks in a row(Lost both games:( ).

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Jay Fiedler
Hunter Goodwin
Yatil Green

Add Stroyocovich, JJJ, and Derrick Rodgers to that list and you'll have my list.

I took the JB a step furhter to include his last initial JBB, 'Just Been Burned'. I do have to say this about Yatil. That man NEVER gave up. His determination to comeback from TWO knee injuries was awe inspiring. He could have easily gave up after either of them. But to accept what had happened to him and fight his way back TWICE shows what kind of character he had.:)

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Jay Fiedler
Hunter Goodwin
Yatil Green

I have no idea how anyone could list Yatil Green or Fiedler on their list of most hated 'Fins; especially Green. Green was not ever a flop, the guy -as has been stated several times on this thread- just had some bad breaks when it came to his knees. He did everything he could to come back and actually cried when he found out he would be out for season #2. The guy has more heart than most players in the NFL today and had the potential to become a great receive, he just never got the chance.

As far as Fiedler goes, the guy has done nothing but work his butt off for this team and has pulled the team through in some touchy 4th quarter situations. He spends a ton of time working on charity projects off the field and has never said anything disparaging towards anyone in the organization or towards the fans; even when everyone was dumping on the guy. :fire:

James "Blew It" Pruitt

and can I add that I really hate Donald Trump for signing away Csonka, Kick and Warfield to Memphis of the World League in 1974.

Originally posted by Expo88

Green was not ever a flop, the guy -as has been stated several times on this thread- just had some bad breaks when it came to his knees. He did everything he could to come back and actually cried when he found out he would be out for season #2. The guy has more heart than most players in the NFL today and had the potential to become a great receive, he just never got the chance.

Green is a flop. He has done squat for this team. 234 yards total, is not worth the 15th overall pick. We could have taken Corey Dillon or Jamie Sharper instead.

How in the hell could you hate Fiedler? He WAS our offense. NOBODY stepped it up against the good teams. Do you hate the rest of the team as well? Jay Fiedler is a damn good Quarterback.

Originally posted by booyeah_

Green is a flop. He has done squat for this team. 234 yards total, is not worth the 15th overall pick. We could have taken Corey Dillon or Jamie Sharper instead.

Hind sight is 20/20 bro. If he were a Marcus Nash, or a Ryan Leaf, someone who gets hyped before the draft then steps on the field and does absolutely nothing then you could say the guy is a flop. In Green's case (and defense) he had zero control over the circumstances. BOTH of his knees got blown out in the span of two years. He managed to come back to training camp one year later after having a cadaver's ligament inserted into his knee then, by some freak accident, he tears the other one up the next year. He tried to come back after that but, unfortunately, the speed and quickness he once had just weren't there anymore.

To call him a flop- a term usually reserved for those who fail because their on field performance never matches their hype- is just wrong.

One more point and then I'm done. I would love to see any one of us try to do anything whatsoever with the kind of injuries Green had, much less attempt to play football. He was a good player with lots of potential who was just extremely unlucky. :(

even though he had his good days.......

i was so tired of making excuses for that friggin brian cox. the antics of that guy and his 15 yd penalties drove me up the wall! there are others i question, but cox with no doubt in my mind is my least favorite!:fire:

Last season, the offense was the WRs who were able to get open so Fiedler could throw to them. The thing Fiedler did right was run away from the DEs that Folau let go past him, but besides that he is a pretty average player who makes a lot of mistakes.

I think a lot of people are playing "Monday Morning QB" when it comes to Cecil Collins.
I seem to remember him being somewhat of a fan favorite when he was a rookie.
I can still remember the "Cecil, Cecil" chants at practice and games.
This guy was going to be the savior for our long suffering running game.
True, he did have a bad track record before JJ took a chance on him, but, I stil can recall the talk of"If he can help us, I can look beyond his past" from lots of dolfans.
I, myself, kinda got caught up in the "Cecil the Deisel" hoopla.
But, obviously, he was a scumbag.
Once a scumbag, always a scumbag.

I remember all the talk about drafting that punk in the first round. I was actually thinking that would have been a good thing at the time. :eek: When the 'Fins picked him up in the fifth I thought it was the greatest thing to happen since Cold Stone Creamery :p came to town. I should've known better though since most criminals are recidavists and don't change until much later in life. At least we got Rob Konrad out of that draft. :D

Back
Top Bottom