Leave The Dolphins Alone,let The Dolphins Tank In Peace | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Leave The Dolphins Alone,let The Dolphins Tank In Peace

Phindog

Active Roster
Reaction score
Cbs Sports must be visiting Finheaven :nah:

Let the Dolphins tank in peace; it's long overdue for a franchise perpetually stuck in the middle

If Miami does this thing correctly, it'll be ready to pass the Patriots when Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are gone.

Leave the Miami Dolphins alone.

Let them be. Let this breathe. Give them a little space, if you don't mind.

Whatever grand experiment that franchise is conducting – assuming, they are in fact, going through a drastically-needed metamorphosis after decades of being decidedly middling – is going to take time to manifest any results. And by time, I mean years. Plural. It's not going to be a process that will always appear linear and, if done correctly, it's going to involve being willing to absorb some particularly lean seasons. But it is desperately needed to break the six-to-nine-win vortex of mediocrity this team has been locked in for as long as I can remember, and it is going to require some significant losses if the Dolphins are to truly be positioned to be more than an occasional threat to secure a wild-card berth.

So whatever it is that GM Chris Grier – now in full control of the roster after being handcuffed by years where cap guy Mike Tannenbaum controlled the spending (and therefore the roster) – and rookie head coach Brian Flores are up to in South Florida, I suggest we take a step back for a bit before obsessing over each and every transaction, particularly because there should be a certain transitory, temporary nature to this 2019 roster.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-a-franchise-perpetually-stuck-in-the-middle/

What a bunch of hooey!

Chris Grier is the scout, Tannenbaum was always the quintessential executive handling contracts, working with the legal staff, handling cap issues, etc.

Grier has been GM for years, and he was head of college scouting since what?? 2007?

Chris Grier was head of college scouting all through the Ireland years as well. Chris Grier had more to do with who was drafted and acquired during free agency than any other person, especially and specifically Ross or Tannenbaum.

It is Chris Grier, and Chris Grier alone who is responsible for the Dolphins having the weakest roster in the NFL.

Ross hiring the very guy who was the source of mountains of bad advice and bad information, is just beyond lunacy.

The Browns are moving on into extreme relevancy. The Dolphins are looking like the heir apparent to becoming the laughing stock of the league, as if we weren't already halfway there.

Good article, should be shown to anyone who questions what we're doing or why we're doing it this offseason.

I hadn't considered the timing of us coming out of this process at the same time we assume that Belichick and Brady are done in NE.

The Browns are moving on into extreme relevancy. The Dolphins are looking like the heir apparent to becoming the laughing stock of the league, as if we weren't already halfway there.

That's the point; the Browns have spent two or three years maneuvering themselves into this position. We're doing the same.

I agree with the narrative of taking 3 steps back. But tanking is such a negative connotation for doing the right thing. I don’t consider hiring Flores as consciously shitting the bed. I don’t consider any of these FA period decisions as tanking. You can actually decide to hit the reset button and perhaps decide to have a vision without being considered as having this narrow franchise QB obsession. Suddenly nobody wants Rosen and has a hard-on for Mahomes. Pump your brakes

That's the point; the Browns have spent two or three years maneuvering themselves into this position. We're doing the same.
Wow! no man, no. The Browns have been the laughing stock of the league for over a decade. Not 2-3 years. They haven't had a winning season since the 2007 outlier year; they were crap for years before then as well.

Look, I am all for the rebuild, but it is being handled horribly.

This thing of giving Chris Grier a clean slate is lunacy. The guy is grossly incompetent and always has been; he doesn't have a clue, and the proof is in the pudding.

You do not rebuild by letting your young talent walk. That is just rank stupidity.

You don't rebuild by passing on really good opportunities that only come around about once every five years when you have the ability to make moves for the future.

Some of the Dolphin fans are like the Poles in pre-world war 2. Oh the Germans aren't going to invade, nah.

Grier is going to take this team into a dungeon and some of you are rejoicing on your way to medieval torture chambers and the guillotine.

Wow! no man, no. The Browns have been the laughing stock of the league for over a decade. Not 2-3 years. They haven't had a winning season since the 2007 outlier year; they were crap for years before then as well.

You're confusing their period of ineptitude with their planned rebuild - for many years the Browns were hopelessly awful, but the last 2-3 years have been making a fairly obvious and calculated move to end that by doing the same thing we are looking at - stockpiling picks, getting good young players into key positions and finally freeing up a boatload of cap space to bring in quality FAs at the same time to open up a window of opportunity for success.

This thing of giving Chris Grier a clean slate is lunacy. The guy is grossly incompetent and always has been; he doesn't have a clue, and the proof is in the pudding.

You do not rebuild by letting your young talent walk. That is just rank stupidity.

You don't rebuild by passing on really good opportunities that only come around about once every five years when you have the ability to make moves for the future.

Some of the Dolphin fans are like the Poles in pre-world war 2. Oh the Germans aren't going to invade, nah.

Grier is going to take this team into a dungeon and some of you are rejoicing on your way to medieval torture chambers and the guillotine.
You clearly have issues with Chris Grier, I'm not smart enough to separate what he or Tannenbaum can each be credited/blamed for in the past to know how well he's going to perform going forward. What have been Chris Grier moves that concern you?

The Dolphins have had a front office problem for years, they don't develop players well, you can't just be hopeful that your 1st round pick pans out but picks 2-7 need to get some love too, there is only a hand full of spots open on any football team mostly so every year should be just fill-in and replacements, you don't have to tank to have a bad season and you don't have to be good to have a good season but you do have to have an idea every week of what you're going to to do to win this game and I honestly didn't see that, they didn't have anything well that would give them an advantage over their opponents, New England have Gronk, Jets have a good defense, buffalo have moxie and they play until it's over, my dolphins possess none of that I just mentioned so hence this rebuild is supposed to correct all of this? Having a strong minded head coach with a vision and plan will get it done and don't be surprised the dolphins win this year with a less talented team.

This is ****ing stupid.

An NFL Team has too many moving parts for a tank to work. All tanking does in football is make you lose. There’s no grand plan.

This isn’t basketball, baseball, or hockey where one or two superstars can change everything. You need a team. And, in the NFL’s salary cap era - you won’t hold on to enough draft picks to make a tank effective. You simply can’t.

JLC is still a ****ing idiot.

And, y’all are buying right into it simply because it’s different.

You're confusing their period of ineptitude with their planned rebuild - for many years the Browns were hopelessly awful, but the last 2-3 years have been making a fairly obvious and calculated move to end that by doing the same thing we are looking at - stockpiling picks, getting good young players into key positions and finally freeing up a boatload of cap space to bring in quality FAs at the same time to open up a window of opportunity for success.

You clearly have issues with Chris Grier, I'm not smart enough to separate what he or Tannenbaum can each be credited/blamed for in the past to know how well he's going to perform going forward. What have been Chris Grier moves that concern you?
Neither is he but he will try to convince you he is.

"You're confusing their period of ineptitude with their planned rebuild"

Thank you for this hilarious nonsense. I usually don't get to laugh this hard early in the morning.

confused about who we let go - unless your talking old regime with Landry or now regime James?

Also what opportunity?

I don't think this tank plan is going to work. I think FItzmagic will win us too many games, and we need to grab a QB this year. That's my gut. Fitz is going to win us 5-6 games and we'll be out of range for a Tua or Fromm.

Back
Top Bottom