Leave The Dolphins Alone,let The Dolphins Tank In Peace | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Leave The Dolphins Alone,let The Dolphins Tank In Peace

I believe it's "whatever" in regards to a tank. If that's how itnshaoes up...cool. If not...cool.

If we get Haskins, Fitzpatrick is playing the season out, unless injured.

In my perfect world, they sit whatever QB drafted this year, even Murray if miracles happen.

I know many don't agree with that but in full rebuild mode, what's the rush of throwing the rookie to the wolves on a question mark OL?

I do think it's funny how critical people are being this early in the process. People flip out if the front office doesn't do exactly what they would do. Comical.

Hey P, I know what you mean. So much emotion over things they cannot control, it is amazing. Oh and if Grier and Co don't pick the exact players in the exact order that I say in the draft forum, I hate this team, and am going to move to Venezuela. Hehehehehe

The Ever Laughing VIPER

I've been saying this since we elevated him and wondering what Steve Ross is smoking. You took the guy who's been in charge of college scouting through 8 years of crappy drafts, and has now been the team's GM for three years of disappointment, and you're trying to sell him to me as a clean start / new hire?

I don't drink enough tap water to buy that one.

So far- forget the past- as of today, do you not like the moves; hired braintrust, making trades, shedding the fat, fixing the cap?

Isn't it so far so good no matter what you think of the past?

What's the point of the negativity when we've completely reset the system that wasn't working? You can't even give it a chance?

This is ****ing stupid.

An NFL Team has too many moving parts for a tank to work. All tanking does in football is make you lose. There’s no grand plan.

This isn’t basketball, baseball, or hockey where one or two superstars can change everything. You need a team. And, in the NFL’s salary cap era - you won’t hold on to enough draft picks to make a tank effective. You simply can’t.

JLC is still a ****ing idiot.

And, y’all are buying right into it simply because it’s different.
The simplistic tank minds don't understand all that. They are holding on to the very last hope even if it is an opinion piece from someone they have rejected in the past. It's desperation.
The signing of Fitzpatrick makes them run for cover just like when you turn the light on and ****roaches run for cover. :lol:

That's right leave em alone that's been happening for a long while. The phins have a very fenicky fan base who are happy to desert the team unless there are wins on the table. The stadium will definitely be empty this year and it will be interesting to watch how Ross handles that.

So far- forget the past- as of today, do you not like the moves; hired braintrust, making trades, shedding the fat, fixing the cap?

Isn't it so far so good no matter what you think of the past?

What's the point of the negativity when we've completely reset the system that wasn't working? You can't even give it a chance?

All they've done so far is cut bait and dump contracts.

Give it a chance? I'm not the owner. All I'm doing is making honest comments about what I see from a fan's perspective going on with the team right now. If you're going to keep promoting failure and then try to sell it to me as a fresh start, well, find someone with a hole in their skull to buy that one, because I won't.

Give it a chance? I'm not the owner. All I'm doing is making honest comments about what I see from a fan's perspective going on with the team right now. If you're going to keep promoting failure and then try to sell it to me as a fresh start, well, find someone with a hole in their skull to buy that one, because I won't.

yep. Jeff Ireland was touted because he cleared room and had lots of picks in 2013 and all it did was lead to one of the phins worst offseasons in its history. The truth is Grier and Co. haven't really done anything besides dump contracts and get rid of players who many fans wanted gone long before they were dumped. He blows this draft and all of this means zero. And due to him having his fingers in the dolphins org the past 20 years, I am far from giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Where are they currently promoting failure?

:lmfao:
yep. Jeff Ireland was touted because he cleared room and had lots of picks in 2013 and all it did was lead to one of the phins worst offseasons in its history. The truth is Grier and Co. haven't really done anything besides dump contracts and get rid of players who many fans wanted gone long before they were dumped. He blows this draft and all of this means zero. And due to him having his fingers in the dolphins org the past 20 years, I am far from giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Nobody touted Ireland in 2013. He was a gonner. He was with us since 2008 and his tenure ended in 2013. :bobdole:

:lmfao:

Nobody touted Ireland in 2013. He was a gonner. He was with us since 2008 and his tenure ended in 2013. :bobdole:

huh....the 2013 offseason was one of the most touted offseasons we've ever had. Mods on here were calling it potentially the greatest offseason in dolphins history. The like a boss thread was thriving. Not sure what you were thinking about

and ireland was fired the beginning of 2014

Where are they currently promoting failure?
You have a lot of fans who have their egos bruised right now. We didn't get the GM THEY wanted. Everything is ****. We didn't get the coach THEY wanted. More of everything is ****. Then we are tanking because THEY wanted us to tank and Tua this and Tua that and we get Fitzpatrick suddenly it's all cow pie. Throw in the several bruise egos of those who cannot get over Ryan's failure here and in combination you have a group of Dolphins fans trying to find their space.

It reminds of those who bitched in the late 80s and 90s that we "only" played for playoff contention and a few years of sucking would do wonders. How did that work out? Nothing is ever good enough.

What I don't understand is if an entertainment part of my life (which the Dolphins are) make me so miserable why even bother? If a certain director makes movies I hate so much why would I go and see the next movie of him/her? If a movie theater sucks in my opinion why would I go back? Just to bitch?
If I think that a certain restaurant has bad food why would I continue to go back for more?

Football is entertainment. You hate it. You move on. The Dolphins are entertainment. If they make you so miserable, move on. There are 31 other teams who may be to someone's liking.

huh....the 2013 offseason was one of the most touted offseasons we've ever had. Mods on here were calling it potentially the greatest offseason in dolphins history. The like a boss thread was thriving. Not sure what you were thinking about
Because Ireland was on his way out after 5 years of misery. Grier just started as GM without anybody looking over his shoulder. Apples to oranges.

Using Ireland's last offseason hooray to compare to Grier is the same as using Shula's last offseason hooray (which some touted as the best ever assembled team) to Flores first season as HC.

I call that stretching the facts to make one's agenda fit.

Because Ireland was on his way out after 5 years of misery. Grier just started as GM without anybody looking over his shoulder. Apples to oranges.

Using Ireland's last offseason hooray to compare to Grier is the same as using Shula's last offseason hooray (which some touted as the best ever assembled team) to Flores first season as HC.

I call that stretching the facts to make one's agenda fit.

You arent capable of thinking are you? I was gonna try explaining it you even though i really didnt think it was too hard a concept to grasp. Unfortunately i decided its a waste of time since i left my crayons and finger puppets at home

You have a lot of fans who have their egos bruised right now. We didn't get the GM THEY wanted. Everything is ****. We didn't get the coach THEY wanted. More of everything is ****. Then we are tanking because THEY wanted us to tank and Tua this and Tua that and we get Fitzpatrick suddenly it's all cow pie. Throw in the several bruise egos of those who cannot get over Ryan's failure here and in combination you have a group of Dolphins fans trying to find their space.

It reminds of those who bitched in the late 80s and 90s that we "only" played for playoff contention and a few years of sucking would do wonders. How did that work out? Nothing is ever good enough.

What I don't understand is if an entertainment part of my life (which the Dolphins are) make me so miserable why even bother? If a certain director makes movies I hate so much why would I go and see the next movie of him/her? If a movie theater sucks in my opinion why would I go back? Just to bitch?
If I think that a certain restaurant has bad food why would I continue to go back for more?

Football is entertainment. You hate it. You move on. The Dolphins are entertainment. If they make you so miserable, move on. There are 31 other teams who may be to someone's liking.

Thank you for rest but I have to check you on the director stuff.

M. Night Shyamalan (the Sixth Sense), for example, **** the bed with Lady in the Water, the Happening, the Last Airbender, Devil, After Earth.

He came back like a monster with Split. I don't know if you've seen Split but that was a helluva movie/performance. The recent Glass was awesome as well.

You shouldn't dismiss a director altogether.

So way off topic but I'm a movie buff and couldn't help myself.

The simplistic tank minds don't understand all that. They are holding on to the very last hope even if it is an opinion piece from someone they have rejected in the past. It's desperation.
The signing of Fitzpatrick makes them run for cover just like when you turn the light on and ****roaches run for cover. :lol:

Fitzpatrick's career record of 50-75 isnt "tanking" the first overall pick out of my eye. Quite the opposite. We just need a version of his 2016 (his last full year as a starter) season to get us to the promise land.

Back
Top Bottom