Leave The Dolphins Alone,let The Dolphins Tank In Peace | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Leave The Dolphins Alone,let The Dolphins Tank In Peace

confused about who we let go - unless your talking old regime with Landry or now regime James?

Also what opportunity?

I don't think this tank plan is going to work. I think FItzmagic will win us too many games, and we need to grab a QB this year. That's my gut. Fitz is going to win us 5-6 games and we'll be out of range for a Tua or Fromm.

"Well we just have to trade up to get our QB"

Like giving up a **** ton of resources while we are rebuilding is no big thing. Although I dont think we have to worry too much about trading up. We should be fine.

If Jason La Canfora believes Miami is going to tank, then I guess that settles it for me.

I am now convinced Miami will not be tanking at all.

Expect Miami to draft one of the top young QBs this year, give Fitzpatrick some options to succeed early ( As he is known to do), and if/when Fitz hits that point in the season, when he starts throwing multiple INT games, the young QB Miami picked, can come in to finish the season.

I guess I'm the only one who appreciates the Rogue One reference in the thread title.

If Jason La Canfora believes Miami is going to tank, then I guess that settles it for me.

I am now convinced Miami will not be tanking at all.

Expect Miami to draft one of the top young QBs this year, give Fitzpatrick some options to succeed early ( As he is known to do), and if/when Fitz hits that point in the season, when he starts throwing multiple INT games, the young QB Miami picked, can come in to finish the season.

I believe it's "whatever" in regards to a tank. If that's how itnshaoes up...cool. If not...cool.

If we get Haskins, Fitzpatrick is playing the season out, unless injured.

We-just-wanted-everyone-Leave-Britney-Alone.gif

"You're confusing their period of ineptitude with their planned rebuild"

Thank you for this hilarious nonsense. I usually don't get to laugh this hard early in the morning.
Well if you can't recognise the difference then it probably explains your sentiments in this thread.

The concept of "tanking" in the NFL is kinda ridiculous to even take seriously, if you think about it.

I mean, how do you even convince 53 guys who are putting their health on the line (every single practice and every single game) that they need to play to lose, just so the team can have a better future, even if they’re not a part of it?

How do you convince your new coaching staff that it's best for you to lose every game, given that so many new coaches get replaced after first year disasters?

I know it sounds great on paper, having the option of picking first in the following draft, so just so the FO can finally "right the ship". And people will say that there’s ways for NFL teams to tank “organically”, but the fact is there’s too many variables at play that make it almost impossible to pull off.

So yeah, I kinda find it weird how this word keeps getting used, over and over again, in relation to the Dolphins this offseason. Even I've used it several times, which I'm not proud to admit.

But the reality is that we might not get the top pick in 2020. And I know there will be "fans" who will bemoan the team for failing at "tanking right". But for me, no team should ever expect a single player to be their "savior" in order for them to succeed.

If we miss out on Tua, and we probably will, that doesn't mean this FO won't be able get it right. And if it does, then the problem IS the FO itself. And with a bad FO, not even Tua could get us to the promise land.

At least that's how I see it.

I believe it's "whatever" in regards to a tank. If that's how itnshaoes up...cool. If not...cool.

If we get Haskins, Fitzpatrick is playing the season out, unless injured.

You're probably right that whichever Rookie Miami takes will probably not be brought in quickly, but you can never really read how well a Rookie will react to the NFL.

There are supposed NFL ready rookie QBs that take time or never really succeed, and then there are those QBs that very few to nobody see coming, and once they get their chance, putting them back on the bench is very doubtful.

What a bunch of hooey!

Chris Grier is the scout, Tannenbaum was always the quintessential executive handling contracts, working with the legal staff, handling cap issues, etc.

Grier has been GM for years, and he was head of college scouting since what?? 2007?

Chris Grier was head of college scouting all through the Ireland years as well. Chris Grier had more to do with who was drafted and acquired during free agency than any other person, especially and specifically Ross or Tannenbaum.

It is Chris Grier, and Chris Grier alone who is responsible for the Dolphins having the weakest roster in the NFL.

Ross hiring the very guy who was the source of mountains of bad advice and bad information, is just beyond lunacy.

The Browns are moving on into extreme relevancy. The Dolphins are looking like the heir apparent to becoming the laughing stock of the league, as if we weren't already halfway there.
This is a scary thought and I’m not sure there is a good debate to the contrary..My hope is Tannebaum and Hickey overruled some positive evaluations

What a bunch of hooey!

Chris Grier is the scout, Tannenbaum was always the quintessential executive handling contracts, working with the legal staff, handling cap issues, etc.

Grier has been GM for years, and he was head of college scouting since what?? 2007?

Chris Grier was head of college scouting all through the Ireland years as well. Chris Grier had more to do with who was drafted and acquired during free agency than any other person, especially and specifically Ross or Tannenbaum.

I've been saying this since we elevated him and wondering what Steve Ross is smoking. You took the guy who's been in charge of college scouting through 8 years of crappy drafts, and has now been the team's GM for three years of disappointment, and you're trying to sell him to me as a clean start / new hire?

I don't drink enough tap water to buy that one.

What a bunch of hooey!

It is Chris Grier, and Chris Grier alone who is responsible for the Dolphins having the weakest roster in the NFL.

Ross hiring the very guy who was the source of mountains of bad advice and bad information, is just beyond lunacy.

The Browns are moving on into extreme relevancy. The Dolphins are looking like the heir apparent to becoming the laughing stock of the league, as if we weren't already halfway there.

You know that scouts don't make selections, right? I'm sure you do but I'm just making sure.

Wow! no man, no. The Browns have been the laughing stock of the league for over a decade. Not 2-3 years. They haven't had a winning season since the 2007 outlier year; they were crap for years before then as well.

Look, I am all for the rebuild, but it is being handled horribly.

This thing of giving Chris Grier a clean slate is lunacy. The guy is grossly incompetent and always has been; he doesn't have a clue, and the proof is in the pudding.

You do not rebuild by letting your young talent walk. That is just rank stupidity.

You don't rebuild by passing on really good opportunities that only come around about once every five years when you have the ability to make moves for the future.

Some of the Dolphin fans are like the Poles in pre-world war 2. Oh the Germans aren't going to invade, nah.

Grier is going to take this team into a dungeon and some of you are rejoicing on your way to medieval torture chambers and the guillotine.

When has Grier had final say?

What talent did we let walk?

What are the opportunities that we passed?

Can we at least wait to see the players we've drafted on the field before we're banished to the dungeon?

Back
Top Bottom