LeBron James...PROOF that Loyalty DOESN'T MATTER... | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeBron James...PROOF that Loyalty DOESN'T MATTER...

On sunday night:

Lebron James : 23 pts/13 assists = Win

Kobe Bryant : 41 pts/0 assists = Loss

Don't tell me that Kobe isn't surrounded by better players either. Plus the power of the legue has shifted from the West to the East so his competition isn't as tough as LBJ's. Lebron is a much smarter player. Kobe doesn't win any rings without Shaq/Gasol.

All the teams he lost a playoff series to were stacked teams that were eventually NBA champs, with the exception of Orlando but they still ended up beating the defending NBA champs anyway. James had to pull shots out of his butthole just to get a game 2 win and for the rest of the series the team, as usual didn't show up. C'mon man, a 49 point game one and they still lose.

The almighty God of Basketball himself doesn't win any rings without a great team surrounding him and even then he doesn't win one until Detroit and Boston started their demise. Before that, Jordan was putting up asinine numbers against these teams and still losing the series. Now don't think that I'm taking anything away from Jordan, I just wish most people would stop taking away from Lebron and say that he chokes or that he doesn't play like a superstar should.

jree,I agree with you,MJ didn't win S*** his first 7 years in the league(not counting scoring titles :D)...this is exactly why I felt LBJ should have stuck it out Cleveland(not hating on the Heat)...he and his "role players" imo were just starting to learn how to win "playoff" basketball. Players like LeBron and MJ and my Lakers MJ make the "average" to good players around them rise up and play better then their talent(to an extent)...LBJ's Cavs lead the regular season in wins the last couple of years because of this....I just feel James threw in the towel a little too early in Cleveland....

The funny thing is that if Lebron was starting to feel the "pressure" of not being able to win a title in Cleveland(which some believe)....I don't see the pressure being any less now he's paired up with argueably the second best player in the league in Wade(LBJ being #1)...JMHO...

jree,I agree with you,MJ didn't win S*** his first 7 years in the league(not counting scoring titles :D)...this is exactly why I felt LBJ should have stuck it out Cleveland(not hating on the Heat)...he and his "role players" imo were just starting to learn how to win "playoff" basketball. Players like LeBron and MJ and my Lakers MJ make the "average" to good players around them rise up and play better then their talent(to an extent)...LBJ's Cavs lead the regular season in wins the last couple of years because of this....I just feel James threw in the towel a little too early in Cleveland....

The funny thing is that if Lebron was starting to feel the "pressure" of not being able to win a title in Cleveland(which some believe)....I don't see the pressure being any less now he's paired up with argueably the second best player in the league in Wade(LBJ being #1)...JMHO...

He did stick it out though. He played through his 4 year rookie contract and then his 3 year contract. Dan Gilbert is one of the worst owners. The best he could come up with in that time span was Shaq and Mo Williams. Big Z was one of his friends so I'm pretty sure he didn't like the trade Jameson very much. Boston, Orlando, Chicago, and New York all landed big names in FA while Cleveland didn't land any. Nobody wanted to play for the Cavs. Its not a market that big names want to play for.

Nobody on the Cleveland squad holds a candle to anything that surrounded Jordan. The regular season is one thing, playoffs are another. Seriously, if you watch games of Clevelands past playoff appearances, see how many times players just stand around and not want the ball. He was doing everything by himself. It was like all of a sudden basketball was a foreign thing for them and they didn't know how to play.

I don't think it was pressure which made him leave and I don't think it has anything to do with taking an easy way out. All of that is speculation. I think it is a realization that Cleveland wasn't going anywhere and Dan Gilbert was leading them blindly. As a dolphins fan, look at Gilbert like some of our fans would look at Steven Ross. Somebody with a bunch of money but doesn't know what to spend it on. Lebron said it best, something along the lines of him not wanting to be stuck with another long contract and then realize too late that the Cavs weren't going to accomplish anything.

Even with how great of a shooter Bird was in real life, you couldn't hit any of the shots or drive against Jordan, but when you played Jordan he could drive passed Bird all day long. It was such a poor game but I think every kid had it back then.

I definitley think that Orlando team had more talent than the one that surrounded James that year. James put up 49 points and still lost game one and like I said in my previous post, if he doesn't pull that buzzer beater at the end of game 2 they would be in a 0-2 hole. As far as him not having a lot of Finals appearances, every year that he got booted from the post season was by a team that eventually went to the Finals or won it. Detroit, Orlando, Boston. Look at the individual matchups that Cleveland had to face against all those teams, especially the Celts.

Shaq and Kobe weren't winners yet but they were on the rise. All teams in the west were outcoached and out played by the Lakers after Phil took over. This isn't a debate on whether Pippen was better than Jordan. Its a debate on wheter the supporting cast around LBJ was remotely as talented as the ones that were surrounding Jordan. The answer is absolutley not. Name one player on any of the recent Cavs teams that you could use as the centerpiece like what the Trail Blazers did for Pippen.

The talent was very similar around Howard as it was around James and that buzzer beater was a great shot but lebron thought he won the title w/ that shot and espn treate it like it was the first buzzer beater in the history of basketball.

Game 3 he shot 11 for 28 including 1 of 8 from 3
Game 4 he shot 13 of 29 in a 2 pt loss in OT
Game 6 he shot 8 of 20 and 2 of 8 from 3 in the clincher

Shaq and kobe were known for playoff failures to that point. obviously Pippen wasn't better than Jordan but if he was as great as people think he would have beena difference maker for that ultra talented Portland team. They lost in the West Finals the year before they got and the West Finals the year they got him.

obviously no players on Cle around Lebron were close to Pippen BUT the NBA isn't as good as it was back then either.

What you eventually come to realize is that the eye test can become more skewed that the numbers. Its just human nature. And that's why most every NBA coaching staff now includes people who will analyze the stats. Because they realize that even while watching every minute of every game multiple times they still can miss the overall picture.

My eyes would tend to give lebron the benfit of the doubt while bing more critical of Kobe since I have rooted for Lebron and against Kobe for most of their careers.

You're missing the point. Magic and Bird were drafted by these historic franchises known for winning. I'm not saying that Magic and Bird weren't great because they were, but they were with teams that were great for years after they got there because GREAT OWNERSHIP put winners around them.

Chicago did the say with Jordan. Great ownership in Chicago built a winner.

That's what the great franchises do.

Cleveland is not a great franchise. They've always had poor ownership and Dan Gilbert is one of the worst. Cleveland drafted LeBron and told him to do it alone. LeBron didn't just up and leave. He played out two contracts. He gave Cleveland and Gilbert chances to put guys around him and they didn't. And he wasn't going to. LeBron could have stuck around in Cleveland and had to face teams like Boston and Orlando who was busy building real contenders. LeBron wasn't being fair to himself by sticking around.

You'd leave your employer if you were the one pulling all the weight and getting **** on when it mattered. Of a better offer came along where you didn't have to pull all the weight in your line of work and actually be rewarded for it, you'd leave too.

Not to mention, Boston, Los Angeles, and Chicago had GREAT coaches when Bird, Magic and Jordan was in town.

And believe me, Jordan would have left Cleveland. Just because he stuck around in Chicago doesn't mean he does the same with Brad Daugherty and lousy Craig Ehlo.

You sure don't have a problem with Jason Taylor leaving Miami seeking a title now do you?

Boston stunk at the time they drafted Bird.

The Lakers moved to LA for the '60-'61 season and had ONE championship from '61-'79.

The Bulls had never been to an NBA Finals before, they were in the midst of 6 out of 7 playoff-less years. How many titles has that great ownership won since Michael left? It's interesting how in 13 years they made and won 6 Finals while in 32 other seasons they have zero title apps.

Cleveland is nto a great franchise, they are similar to the Bulls. if Michael never goes to Chicgao they are the same franchise as the Cavs, Michael willed them to 6 titles- that is what was expected in Cle w/ Lebron.

KC Jones was not a great coach, The lakers won titles w/ 2 different HCs while Magic was there. What did Riley do w/o Magic? he was failing w/ the Knicks and the heat until he sbaotaged Van Gundy and took over a ready made team to win a title w/ Shaq.

Brad Daugherty was a great player, he would have ben a HOFer if his career wasn't cut short due to injuries.

You are comparing Jason Taylor to Lebron? Lebron is in his prime, taylor was at the end and taylor was never considered the best player in the sport in a game where one guy can make all the difference. Taylor was trying to do it the Alonzo Mourning way by hopping on the backs of others but it didn't work.

lol at junc saying in July that Cleveland was a playoff team :lol:

I think I said they would be a playoff contender but i might have said they'd be an 8 seed. To be fair that was based on the talent they had around lebron which isn't the same now and they have had tons of injuries.

Well I guess the argument made its way back to the original topic easily enough.

Get over it people.......you'll forget it whenever he starts to win in Miami. Fans always do. Does anyone remember Jordan for all the crap he was in the media for before he won? Or all of Kobe's transgressions, trade requests, media rants, and immaturity that the tabloids feasted on?

The talent was very similar around Howard as it was around James and that buzzer beater was a great shot but lebron thought he won the title w/ that shot and espn treate it like it was the first buzzer beater in the history of basketball.

Alston, Lewis, Pietrus, Courtney Lee, Gortat, Reddick, and Turk were all better players than anything they had that year. You don't really do much against Howar/Gortat with Wallace/Zydrunas in the front court. Its what triggered the trade for Shaq

And sometimes its just human nature to celebrate a fantastic shot. Lebron is 30% from three and hit one of the greatest shots of his career. To focus more on the celebration than the shot itself is ridiculous. Especially when saying how ESPN covered it cause that outlet is one of the most annoying when it comes to stuff like this.

[video=youtube;p5WUOnTxwPw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5WUOnTxwPw[/video]

Game 3 he shot 11 for 28 including 1 of 8 from 3
Game 4 he shot 13 of 29 in a 2 pt loss in OT
Game 6 he shot 8 of 20 and 2 of 8 from 3 in the clincher

C'mon junc, you were the one that said not to just look at the numbers. He was getting double teamed and his own team wasn't hitting their shots. Lebron had to settle for jumpers which is what he does worst. Orlando clogged the lanes and closed out on Lebron. Clevelands perimeter guys couldn't do ****.

Alston, Lewis, Pietrus, Courtney Lee, Gortat, Reddick, and Turk were all better players than anything they had that year. You don't really do much against Howar/Gortat with Wallace/Zydrunas in the front court. Its what triggered the trade for Shaq

And sometimes its just human nature to celebrate a fantastic shot. Lebron is 30% from three and hit one of the greatest shots of his career. To focus more on the celebration than the shot itself is ridiculous. Especially when saying how ESPN covered it cause that outlet is one of the most annoying when it comes to stuff like this.

[video=youtube;p5WUOnTxwPw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5WUOnTxwPw[/video]

C'mon junc, you were the one that said not to just look at the numbers. He was getting double teamed and his own team wasn't hitting their shots. Lebron had to settle for jumpers which is what he does worst. Orlando clogged the lanes and closed out on Lebron. Clevelands perimeter guys couldn't do ****.

Orlando had average talent around Howard, Cleveland was the better team b/c Lebron the best player on either side and he came up small.

Jordan didn't get double teamed?

Just a thought...
As I've been watching and keeping up with Nat'l Signing Day,I was thinking
We are all cheering and applauding these 17-18 kids,doing their stupid hat thing,
having news conf.and such to say what college they will attend,
But,we want to bash a All-Star like Lebron for calling a news conf and leaving
Clev. like he did.
Makes you go..."Hmmmmm".
And this is coming from a Celtics fan,..so take it for what it's worth.

Just a thought...
We are all cheering and applauding these 17-18 kids,doing their stupid hat thing,
Clev. like he did.
Makes you go..."Hmmmmm".

You don't see the difference btw kids picking a hat going to a school and the biggest star in the game making a one hour TV special to spurn his former team? I THINK(I hope) that even Lebron knows how he did was wrong. There still would have been some negative things said but if he did it in a normal way by informing the teams privately rather than dragging it out and maing this ridiclous TV show I don't think he would have had anywhere near the amount of animosity towards him.

You don't see the difference btw kids picking a hat going to a school and the biggest star in the game making a one hour TV special to spurn his former team? I THINK(I hope) that even Lebron knows how he did was wrong. There still would have been some negative things said but if he did it in a normal way by informing the teams privately rather than dragging it out and maing this ridiclous TV show I don't think he would have had anywhere near the amount of animosity towards him.

I don't like either one of the methods.

Just a thought...
Clev. like he did.
Makes you go..."Hmmmmm".
This is a great point... Guys like Lebron have had everything handed to them since middle school and probably don't even understand why some people are put off by their actions.

Just a thought...
Clev. like he did.
Makes you go..."Hmmmmm".

You know the only reason they do this is because the fans eat this **** up. Some people will blame ESPN for giving the platform but they're broadcasting it because they know it'll draw the ratings and that's what they're in business to do.

Fans love it. They either love to hate it or just love it, but either way they love it. Just look at how much time this guy has put into trying to convince people on a message board how much he reviles an entertainer's actions.

You know the only reason they do this is because the fans eat this **** up. Some people will blame ESPN for giving the platform but they're broadcasting it because they know it'll draw the ratings and that's what they're in business to do.

Fans love it. They either love to hate it or just love it, but either way they love it. Just look at how much time this guy has put into trying to convince people on a message board how much he reviles an entertainer's actions.

I don't blame espn, I blame lebron and his handlers. Why wouldn't espn air that train wreck? espn lost its credibility years ago and this was guaranteed ratings. All this did was damage the reputation of lebron but like you mentioned earlier, if he wins championships most will be forgotten.

Can't say I understand any of it, but then again this whole celebrity culture is beyond my comprehension. Why anyone would care about the reputation of someone else as defined by the media and fan......I find that more entertaining than the actions that cause all this outrage. The guy is paid to entertain and he delivered. Now everyone has to argue about what his legacy is or how they perceive his actions to be right or wrong. Why do you care?

Back
Top Bottom