Lee Evans signs 4 year extension | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lee Evans signs 4 year extension

Pretty nice to have your young LT, QB, RB and #1 WR, all of whom are established (Edwards is on his way with his leadership and clutchness) players, locked into place for the foreseeable future. Continuity with such great talent is how you build a tremendous offense that thrives for a while. The Bills are on their way as these guys continue to progress.

He can now buy a nice house in Ontario.

He'll prolly want to stay closer to where the Bills play. They just sold out the rest of the home games at the Ralph for the rest of the 2008 season.

Maybe there is a home for sale close to one of these impact players who recently re-signed multi-year contracts with the Bills:

Brad Butler, Ryan Denney, Chris Kelsay, Rian Lindell, Terrence McGee, Brian Moorman, Roscoe Parrish, Jason Peters, Josh Reed, Aaron Schobel and Kyle Williams.

I personally don't believe the NFL will work in Toronto. If the Bills were to leave Buffalo I think L.A. would be a wiser destination for the NFL as a whole. Though a team like Jacksonville or Minnesota is just as likely to move. Even San Diego who I don't believe has renewed it's lease yet. The problem the Bills are facing is Ralph Wilson is old as dirt and doesn't want to sell the team.

What I hear most Bills fans say is the hope is a group fronted by Tom Golisano will buy the team. A few years ago the Bills sold out like 4 games or so. This year I think they had record number of season ticket holders.

Whenever i've been to a Bills game most fans who come from over the border would prefer the games be in Buffalo. I think the games will lose their appeal after a year or two. It was a double-edged sword for the Bills though. Games early in the year are much easier to sell-out and the Dolphins game lost appeal to many fans. Though late in the year the game may end up competing with a Leafs game and I don't know if the NFL could compete with the OHL in Canada.

Sure is a lot of money for a guy that's had just one 1000 yard season in his career and no probowls.

Sure is a lot of money for a guy that's had just one 1000 yard season in his career and no probowls.

Someone was going to pay him a lot of money, I'm glad it was the Bills. It will be the same thing for Roy Williams.

I think Roy Williams having low numbers is worse also because he has been in a passing offense.

Im sure he is up there in TD's since 2004. That says a lot because the Bills have not scored much since 2004.

Good move by the Bills. Best way to keep your team on the winning path and strong for the future is to keep the young pieces together. Letting Lee Evans hit the free agent market would have been a big mistake.

Someone was going to pay him a lot of money, I'm glad it was the Bills. It will be the same thing for Roy Williams.

I think Roy Williams having low numbers is worse also because he has been in a passing offense.

Im sure he is up there in TD's since 2004. That says a lot because the Bills have not scored much since 2004.

Like I said before I think Evans is a decent WR but he's not a legit number 1 WR, therefore he shouldn't be paid like one. As for Williams I don't think he's worth the money Evans just got, neither Evans or Williams has shown the ability to take over a game like TO or Steve Smith.

Like I said before I think Evans is a decent WR but he's not a legit number 1 WR, therefore he shouldn't be paid like one. As for Williams I don't think he's worth the money Evans just got, neither Evans or Williams has shown the ability to take over a game like TO or Steve Smith.

Are you serious? Hardly any players get contracts they are worth, pretty much everyone is overpaid.

Bernard Berrian just got 7+ million a year.

I though Lee was more around 8-8.5 in the middle of Berrian and Larry Fitzgerald, but I did want to keep Lee.

I have yet to see anyone cover him one on one, and he is great team player and actually doesn't mind Buffalo.

Why don't you think he is a number 1? He cant be covered one on one and he has not had a decent #2 guy or a decent TE in his career to take some pressure off, plus most of his career he had young QB's.

He is off to a great start yardage wise this season.

Are you serious?

Why don't you think he is a number 1? He cant be covered one on one and he has not had a decent #2 guy or a decent TE in his career to take some pressure off, plus most of his career he had young QB's.

I already told you why I don't think he's a legit #1. He's not even close to a TO type of talent...not close at all. Also why does everyone have to say the Bills are great at everything or you're not happy? Seriously, Evans has never made probowl! But you want everyone to respect him as if all that matters is how you feel about EVERYTHING BILLS!! I could care less how much you love the Bills and everyone on that squad, I don't have to agree with your view of the Bills.

I already told you why I don't think he's a legit #1. He's not even close to a TO type of talent...not close at all. Also why does everyone have to say the Bills are great at everything or you're not happy? Seriously, Evans has never made probowl! But you want everyone to respect him as if all that matters is how you feel about EVERYTHING BILLS!! I could care less how much you love the Bills and everyone on that squad, I don't have to agree with your view of the Bills.

You're right. The Bills should probably just let Evans walk and draft a stud in the draft high (cough Ginn cough).

Evans has had a 1,300 yard season and is off to the best start in his career. Assuming there are no injuries, he will have a career year.

You would think you'd have a little more respect for a guy who torches the Fins every time he plays them. Of course, you like to hate the Bills for the sake of hating.

I think Evans is a better version of Chris Chambers. Just in terms of where I would put him in the WR hierarcy. He's not Owens but not many are. Though some teams would prefer him to not be Owens mentally. It's better to sign a guy before he hits the market because somebody will always make a ridiculous offer.

Just cause of size I don't think Evans is a number 1. He's a good player but if the Bills want to maximize him they've gotta get a big #2 to play alongside him. I know that Hardy is the hope but he's not ready. I'll tell ya what offer a bag of balls for Ernest Wilford and the Dolphins will take it.

Back
Top Bottom