Lee Evans | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lee Evans

Our coaches "babied" him along last year. He was supposedly bad against the run so he was only put in on sure passing downs and his numbers were staggering (it was on profootballfocus.com) so hopefully as a full time starter he'll get to rush the passer a lot more

Wow this is a lot better than debating with Jets fans LOL, at least there is sense here... To say you have the best running attack in the division is a giant overstatement, Spiller is highly unproven and most of his breakout runs in preseason came against third stringers trying to make the cut.. He wont get around the corner much verses our D, and his small frame could have its limitations to our thumping D..

Lynch seriously give me a break the guy was a one year wonder, who cant get himself out of his own way.

Minus you C your O-line blows massive T-bags, and dont even try debating how good your interior line is. Our backups would start for you

You have us in the pass D I will give you that, we haven't had a good pas D in yrs lol (we are getting better though)

And I am worried about Mr Check down, bc it always seems whenever a team runs a screen on us we give up 30 yrds

it will be a very close game and probably another nail biter but in the end we are pulling for our finz just as much as you are pullin for your bills

We have the best RB's in the AFC east.
Ronnie Brown 2009 in only 9 games
CAR147
YDS648
AVG4.4
TDS8

Ricky Wiliams 2009
CAR241YDS1,121
AVG4.7
TDS11

Fred Jackson 2009
CAR237YDS1,062
AVG4.5
TDS2

Marshawn Lynch
CAR120YDS450
AVG3.8
TDS2

Trouble finding the Endzone much???
Adding CJ Spiller does not give you the edge either...unproven college back thus far.

I can't wait til we're in the season 4 games and the Jills are 0-4 so the Jill trolls will stay on their own forums.

Wow this is a lot better than debating with Jets fans LOL, at least there is sense here... To say you have the best running attack in the division is a giant overstatement, Spiller is highly unproven and most of his breakout runs in preseason came against third stringers trying to make the cut.. He wont get around the corner much verses our D, and his small frame could have its limitations to our thumping D..

Lynch seriously give me a break the guy was a one year wonder, who cant get himself out of his own way.

Minus you C your O-line blows massive T-bags, and dont even try debating how good your interior line is. Our backups would start for you

You have us in the pass D I will give you that, we haven't had a good pas D in yrs lol (we are getting better though)

And I am worried about Mr Check down, bc it always seems whenever a team runs a screen on us we give up 30 yrds

it will be a very close game and probably another nail biter but in the end we are pulling for our finz just as much as you are pullin for your bills

This is just a silly post. We need to clear some things up. LOL, I'm actually laughing. You're funny.

Spiller played the entire preseason with the STARTERS. He was NEVER in there once the backups went into the game. Unlike the fins, our offense showed some chemistry throughout the games and our coach didn't have to play our starters into the 3rd quarter of the FOURTH preseason game. haha...but nice try. If you'd like I can post his stats, along with the guys who tackled him, just so you can see for yourself. Spiller is a threat, no matter which way you try to slice it. This kid was the best playmaker of the entire draft!!! I hope your players think he is as "unproven" as you do because he'll be in the endzone when the light finally comes on for them.

You wanna talk Marshawn Lynch? Ok. Last year was a down year for him. He was suspended the first 4 games and when he got back Freddy Jackson was already running the show. Lynch has only been in the league 3 years. His first 2 years, including his rookie season, he rushed for over a 1000 yards. His second year he did it again and went to the probowl. Once in the probowl, he led the game in rushing yards. In his first 2 years he scored 7, and 8 touchdowns. He doesn't have a problem finding the endzone.

As for our OL, your backups would start for us? LMAO Riiiiiight. Dude are you this ignorant or just misinformed? Our interior o-line is comprised of two guards from the 1st and 2nd rounds of the 2009 draft. The 28th and 51st overall picks. They have come in from day 1 as rookies and solidified the interior with Hangman a heady vet in the middle. If anything, our weakness is the tackle position. Learn your opponent man.

It's funny how you trash the team and then say how it will be sooooo close. It will be close because the Bills are not nearly as horrible as you would like to think.

Wow, see this blows my mind. You wouldn't take the 2nd ranked secondary in the league?

Who are your safeties???? Whitner, Byrd, George Wilson and even Bryan Scott are better than anyone you have. Our safeties combined had 4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and an insane number of INTs. How did your safeties produce last year?

And our corners didn't play much worse. We have a strong secondary, with really good depth players.

Vontae Davis is gonna be a player for you guys. But really who else is back there???? Sean Smith isnt even starting.

We are weak at the LB spot except for Poz and Davis. Davis had 90 tackles and 3 INTs last season. He will help us in the middle.

Other than that we are a work in progress with the new scheme. But really...you guys aren't leaps and bounds ahead of us. You were better in run defense and we excelled in passing defense.

LOL keep your 2nd ranked pass D, btw the reason its second ranked is because you guys suck up front and teams have whooped up on you by running the ball, LOL the BILLS are STILL soft up front, have fun watching us control the ball and the clock in your house. What was your Run D ranking in 2009???? I rest my case

Ronnie Brown 2009 in only 9 games
CAR147
YDS648
AVG4.4
TDS8

Ricky Wiliams 2009
CAR241YDS1,121
AVG4.7
TDS11

Fred Jackson 2009
CAR237YDS1,062
AVG4.5
TDS2

Marshawn Lynch
CAR120YDS450
AVG3.8
TDS2

Trouble finding the Endzone much???
Adding CJ Spiller does not give you the edge either...unproven college back thus far.

Freddy Jackson is a good back. He excels in the recieving game and is a slasher type or running back. He's never averaged less than 4.4 yards per carry. Ever. His weakness is finding the endzone though. For some reason he is great between the 20's and really helps our team move the ball. Finding the endzone is not his strong suit.

Lynch however is a different animal. You have to remember when you post those stats from last season he only played in 13 games last year, only starting 6 of those 13. He took a backseat to Jackson. But in his first two seasons, Lynch had 7, and 8 TD's. Finding the endzone is something Lynch is good at. He's entirely refocused this year and will be a beast to tackle, as usual.

Spiller may have played only in the preseason, but that didn't stop him from shining. In games 2 & 3 of the preseason he scored 3 touchdowns! And thats with not even playing the entire game. Coach held him out of preseason game 4, to rest him and keep him fresh for week 1. He went up against the cincy defense in the 3rd preseason game and scored 2 tds. Ask them how they think Spiller will do.

Our RB's are going to be a force in the AFC East.

R and R > Jack and Lynch, get real. Spiller is the wildcard, we'll see what he can do in the PROs. Better hope he doesnt turn into Darren McFadden.

LOL keep your 2nd ranked pass D, btw the reason its second ranked is because you guys suck up front and teams have whooped up on you by running the ball, LOL the BILLS are STILL soft up front, have fun watching us control the ball and the clock in your house. What was your Run D ranking in 2009???? I rest my case

Alright so lets talk some defense shall we? I have never once argued that our Run D was horrible. It was. You guys owned us with a better Run Defense and had more sacks than my team. But we owned you guys everywhere else. Lets take a look shall we???

Yards Allowed: Bills 19th, Miami 22nd

Touchdowns Allowed: Bills 14th, Miami 23rd (hmmmm...)

Scoring Defense: Bills 16th, Miami 25th (wow)

Receptions allowed: Bills 2nd, Miami 26th (just as bad as our run d)

We own you in passing, and INT's, but you know this already. So really, our biggest problem was the rushing defense. And we addressed that in the offseason, bringing in Dwan Edwards who's extremely strong and stout against the run. We also brought in a solid run stopping MLB in Andra Davis who had 90 tackles and 3 INTs last season. Oh and we got a rookie by the name of Torrell Troup in the second round this year who is big, strong man to have rotating in the middle. I mean, if you guys are counting on rookies up front why can't we?????

Don't try and twist my words into saying our defense is better than yours. I'm not saying that at all. Just want to show you guys we are not as bad as you would like to think. But like I've said many times, you will find out on Sunday that this Bills team is going to put up a fight. You're playing in our house.

R and R > Jack and Lynch, get real. Spiller is the wildcard, we'll see what he can do in the PROs. Better hope he doesnt turn into Darren McFadden.

I don't think he will. Coach already named him the starter for week 1. :)

Do you want to compare the college careers of Spiller and McFadden? I'm not afraid to do that.

Lee always burns you for 1 TD, but I think you will have to stop our running backs even more than Lee. And when you focus on our monsters in the backfield, someone else is bound to make a play. I'm banking on Roscoe. He's fiiiiiinally showing up with a coach that knows what it means to have an actual NFL playbook.

4 catches for 100 yards in 2 games last year. 0 TDs.

Freddy Jackson is a good back. He excels in the recieving game and is a slasher type or running back. He's never averaged less than 4.4 yards per carry. Ever. His weakness is finding the endzone though. For some reason he is great between the 20's and really helps our team move the ball. Finding the endzone is not his strong suit.

Lynch however is a different animal. You have to remember when you post those stats from last season he only played in 13 games last year, only starting 6 of those 13. He took a backseat to Jackson. But in his first two seasons, Lynch had 7, and 8 TD's. Finding the endzone is something Lynch is good at. He's entirely refocused this year and will be a beast to tackle, as usual.

Spiller may have played only in the preseason, but that didn't stop him from shining. In games 2 & 3 of the preseason he scored 3 touchdowns! And thats with not even playing the entire game. Coach held him out of preseason game 4, to rest him and keep him fresh for week 1. He went up against the cincy defense in the 3rd preseason game and scored 2 tds. Ask them how they think Spiller will do.

Our RB's are going to be a force in the AFC East.

So Lynch did that in only 13 games last year, so we cant use those stats? Ronnie only played in 9 and you are more than welcomed to use his...

Ronnie played in less games, and scored more. And you cant say o its because Jackson was running the show, as if we dont split carries with our backs.

Where in any of my posts did I claim Buffalo's offense to be all that? I don't think we will be dominant, but we have some weapons, a coach who actually has a clue this year, and we are coming in extremely confident. This team is united and we will play that way on Sunday.

Our offenses are kind of similiar, in that if you stack the box, Evans or Parrish or Spiller or Stevie is going to get open and catch the ball. If you don't stack the box, we will call plays to run it down your throat.

This game may come down to the QB and defense. I pick my guys to get the turnovers. We've already done it against Peyton Manning and Stafford for 2 pick 6's. How bout you?

LOL dude your VERY optimistic bout your team as you should be, but your on crack if you think its that simple. You say the Interior Oline is good with 1st and 2nd round picks(even though one missed entire season so is still a "rookie") but the tackles are not, yet you say your going to run it down our throat??? Please, It takes the big guys up front to make holes. I wish you were the O-Coordinator come Sunday. I hope you run up the middle cus since SIP been here the front 7 has always been stout, No doubt the dolphins are weak in pass coverage but noone is going to stack the box against the bills, this coming from a team last year that ran with a stacked box(phins) I dont see you guys being tough enough or talented enough to run inside. You actually made me feel more comfortable sunday with this post(if you really know your team) I honestly am only worried about Spiller going off tackle and getting the edge, you admitted your Tackles aint **** and I would take Langford and Odrick holding the edge over Buffallo's tackles. Our offenses are not similer at all, teams dont respect your running or passing game and Im sure miami will stop the run without stacking the box lol. Evans IS a weapon, Roscoe is not and who the hell is steveie? I find it funny your trynna talk up the Defense and Offense from what youve seen in preseason, but hey bills fans are searching for HOPE anywhere. If it comes down to the QB and the Defense id still take Henne over Edwards and Nolan's scheme(which has been kept under wraps in preseason) How do you prepare for a Defense you havent seen????? You cant, advantage Miami

Back
Top Bottom