Lee Evans | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lee Evans

I wouldn't necessarily be shocked, but it would suck pretty bad. It's not so much the fact that it would be losing to you guys, but it's the fact that it would show that we're going to be off to a slow start again, and on the road to a very brutal first half of the schedule. We can't afford to not come out strong this year.
think how we feel. even if we make a statement on sunday the Bills have to play the Packers in thier home oppener the next week.
Talk about a reality check.

Yeremiah Bell went to the Pro Bowl as well, I don't consider him the greatest safety in the AFC.

Pro Bowl is a popularity contest, Byrd went in on the fan vote because of his highlights on SportsCenter...the guys chosen by coaches over Byrd, Antoine Bethea and Brandon Merriweather, are much, much better...

So you have an argument that it is a popularity contest. But I dont understand how you can discount this kids skill. He made those plays in 14 games, injured, and didn't even start till week 3 as a rookie. Most people acknowledge that. But you're a dolphin fan.

first off you state that he will not repeat his play from last season (sophmore slump).
then you dismissed his #'s by saying anyone could do that against those QB's... funny, the fish played those QB's as many times yet your S's didn't put up those #'s?????
Byrd didn't play in the sitting duck Colts game. he would have had three more in that game alone.

I just assumed that if you dismiss Byrds stats so easilly you would also dismiss other players stats just as easilly...

Thank you. Good post.

Wow, see this blows my mind. You wouldn't take the 2nd ranked secondary in the league?

Who are your safeties???? Whitner, Byrd, George Wilson and even Bryan Scott are better than anyone you have. Our safeties combined had 4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and an insane number of INTs. How did your safeties produce last year?

And our corners didn't play much worse. We have a strong secondary, with really good depth players.

Vontae Davis is gonna be a player for you guys. But really who else is back there???? Sean Smith isnt even starting.

We are weak at the LB spot except for Poz and Davis. Davis had 90 tackles and 3 INTs last season. He will help us in the middle.

Other than that we are a work in progress with the new scheme. But really...you guys aren't leaps and bounds ahead of us. You were better in run defense and we excelled in passing defense.

He's probably referring more to our front 7. It's no secret that our secondary is a HUGE question mark aside from Davis and Bell. But across the front 7, we're shaping up to be pretty damn mean, which should help that question mark portion of our secondary.

think how we feel. even if we make a statement on sunday the Bills have to play the Packers in thier home oppener the next week.
Talk about a reality check.

Yeah, I feel ya. I'd be just as worried about the Vikes but obviously they don't have all their guys that made them who they were last season. Still a tough one for us though. Especially if Jake isn't 100%.. oh boy.

You can thank perry fewell for that 2nd ranked pass defense...he's no longer there either.

But our DB coach is still here from the past few years, and so are our players. We won't repeat, but we'll be just fine. That's one position I don't worry about. :)

And actually the one thing Jauron gets credit for is our secondary. That's the one thing he was really good at lol! You should have seen Bills fans when he picked Byrd in the second round. Most were in shock. But we're thankful now.

He's probably referring more to our front 7. It's no secret that our secondary is a HUGE question mark aside from Davis and Bell. But across the front 7, we're shaping up to be pretty damn mean, which should help that question mark portion of our secondary.

A stronger pass rush should help. Who is your starting front 7. Thats a serious question, I dont know all of them yet.

Going back to who has the supreme RBs... Im pretty sure the Dolphins had the #1 rushing attack through like half the season... Maybe longer.. Then Ronnie went down to injury and we fell to top 5. An over the hill 30+ year old Ricky kept us going, with Lex Hilliard- a guy with absolute no vision coming in and doing good things. And to think we upgraded now with Jerry in there, plus Marshalls in there now as an elite talent so teams cant stack the box.. Fins will have a top 3 rushing attack.. Teams will have 9 in the box against the Bills. Bills will finish around 10th in the league in rushing, mostly because they will run an excessive amount but once they fall behind in games cuz of their weak D, they will have no choice but to air it out, and that will be a disaster (Us fin fans know all too well from the 07 season.)

A stronger pass rush should help. Who is your starting front 7. Thats a serious question, I dont know all of them yet.

-WOLB Cameron Wake
-SILB Karlos Dansby
-Mike LB Channing Crowder (should be ready to go for Buffalo, if not him, Tim Dobbins)
-SOLB Ike Francis (Very stout against the run, Koa Misi will sub in for him on passing downs)
-RE Jared Odrick
-NT Randy Starks (Could be a question against physical olines, he gets a ton of penetration though)
-LE Kendall Langford (Very, very underrated. Stout against the run, not too much of a pass rusher)

Added notes for those you probably don't know much about.

well 1 thing for sure is that ill be rooting for the bills against either the pats or jets. actually i kinda forgot we were playing the bills next week. i was looking towards the vikings

Our front 7 is fierce. Randy starks compares to jay ratliff, Langford is a poor mans ty warren, odrick is a question mark but should be at the very least serviceable, Ike is Matt Roth 2.0, Misi is Vrabel-like, Crowder is similar to the Bills A. Davis, Wake is Dumervil-like (yea hes that good in my eyes- no homer)

Yeah, I feel ya. I'd be just as worried about the Vikes but obviously they don't have all their guys that made them who they were last season. Still a tough one for us though. Especially if Jake isn't 100%.. oh boy.
you get a fresh Farvre. we don't have to worry about him untill week 13.
With any luck he has his foot up in a cast by then.

Our front 7 is fierce. Randy starks compares to jay ratliff, Langford is a poor mans ty warren, odrick is a question mark but should be at the very least serviceable, Ike is Matt Roth 2.0, Misi is Vrabel-like, Crowder is similar to the Bills A. Davis, Wake is Dumervil-like (yea hes that good in my eyes- no homer)
I know you have been told a million times about our O-line, but that is really misleading. In reality it is only our T's that suck. the interior is quite solid.
I am counting on Gaily to design protection like this to keep our passing game alive...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Z4RlA7yZ4

I hate the bias against the CFL players. I was surprised it took Wake that long to be your go-to guy.

Back
Top Bottom