Lee Evans | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lee Evans

What a dumb argument! The Bills did ZERO to improve this offseason starting with hiring Chan Gaily and ending with name Trent Edwards as your starting QB. Now go battle the Browns for the title of AFC doormat!

What a dumb argument! The Billabong did ZERO to improve this offseason starting with hiring Chan Gaily and ending with name Trent Edwards as your starting QB. Now go battle the Browns for the title of AFC doormat!

Very insightful. When do you start at ESPN? You got me! Lets cancel the game now.

Alright so lets talk some defense shall we? I have never once argued that our Run D was horrible. It was. You guys owned us with a better Run Defense and had more sacks than my team. But we owned you guys everywhere else. Lets take a look shall we???

Yards Allowed: Bills 19th, Miami 22nd

Touchdowns Allowed: Bills 14th, Miami 23rd (hmmmm...)

Scoring Defense: Bills 16th, Miami 25th (wow)

Receptions allowed: Bills 2nd, Miami 26th (just as bad as our run d)

We own you in passing, and INT's, but you know this already. So really, our biggest problem was the rushing defense. And we addressed that in the offseason, bringing in Dwan Edwards who's extremely strong and stout against the run. We also brought in a solid run stopping MLB in Andra Davis who had 90 tackles and 3 INTs last season. Oh and we got a rookie by the name of Torrell Troup in the second round this year who is big, strong man to have rotating in the middle. I mean, if you guys are counting on rookies up front why can't we?????

Don't try and twist my words into saying our defense is better than yours. I'm not saying that at all. Just want to show you guys we are not as bad as you would like to think. But like I've said many times, you will find out on Sunday that this Bills team is going to put up a fight. You're playing in our house.

Try to make you point without going to NFL.com and looking up the stats, you got athletes in the secondary, Dwan edwards from baltimore is so-so, Marcous Stroud(who i originally thought was a beast when Buffallo got him) has slowed down. A.Davis is ok as is Posluzny, and Kawika mitchell, Zero Pass Rush though(hows maybin doing lol) and a still suspect D line makes me think its going to be a Miami ball control game unless you can stop it. Btw you cant stack the box cus B-marsh. Bills didnt own anyone in anything, Jairus Byrd isnt playing, Edwards is on the same level as Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn. Sorry to say just how i see it....Small ball QB that hears footsteps.

LOL dude your VERY optimistic bout your team as you should be, but your on crack if you think its that simple. You say the Interior Oline is good with 1st and 2nd round picks(even though one missed entire season so is still a "rookie") but the tackles are not, yet you say your going to run it down our throat??? Please, It takes the big guys up front to make holes. I wish you were the O-Coordinator come Sunday. I hope you run up the middle cus since SIP been here the front 7 has always been stout, No doubt the dolphins are weak in pass coverage but noone is going to stack the box against the bills, this coming from a team last year that ran with a stacked box(phins) I dont see you guys being tough enough or talented enough to run inside. You actually made me feel more comfortable sunday with this post(if you really know your team) I honestly am only worried about Spiller going off tackle and getting the edge, you admitted your Tackles aint **** and I would take Langford and Odrick holding the edge over Buffallo's tackles. Our offenses are not similer at all, teams dont respect your running or passing game and Im sure miami will stop the run without stacking the box lol. Evans IS a weapon, Roscoe is not and who the hell is steveie? I find it funny your trynna talk up the Defense and Offense from what youve seen in preseason, but hey bills fans are searching for HOPE anywhere. If it comes down to the QB and the Defense id still take Henne over Edwards and Nolan's scheme(which has been kept under wraps in preseason) How do you prepare for a Defense you havent seen????? You cant, advantage Miami

You are seriously lost in all of this discussion. Let me break it down for you and CORRECT you on your obvious mistakes.

1. Our interior oline is solid. Eric wood played until week 8 when he got hurt. He didn't miss the entire season, so I'm not sure where you get your information. Maybe you're the one on crack?

2. I didn't say we would run it down your throat, I said if you don't stack the box we will call plays to run it down your throat. Do you have reading comprehension problems?

3. I hope you don't stack the box, that makes our guys' jobs much easier. You don't think we can run it up inside but here's a link showing Spiller did just that:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d819e2313/Spiller-31-yard-TD-run

4. You talk about your defense being kept under wraps, well the same goes for us smart guy. Both teams will come out with plays and formations that the other team has never seen. And the only reason I took my defense over yours is because our defense has shown to be very opportunistic, getting INTs and causing turnovers.

5. If you don't want to respect our running game, then thats fine. I hope your players dont either. :)

Very insightful. When do you start at ESPN? You got me! Lets cancel the game now.

Fine prove my insight wrong! How did you get better? Spiller? Weren't you just pointing out rb was not your weakness? You still have a piss poor oline and a reject QB. You are one dimensional!

My take on this argument..

Buffalo has 2 good RBs (Spiller has to prove he can play against gameplanned Defences) which we have stopped before we got Dansby and Nolan, not to worried about it our run D is great.

Evans is a good WR. Thats is he's nothing special IMO Davis will handle him fairly well.

Edwards shouldn't start IMO, Fitzpatrick is a better QB. He brought the Bills to 6-10, he should get the gig. But Edwards has proven to not be very good.

Bills O-Line. a HUGE ?, this will be there downfall this season IMO. you can have AP but if you can't block anybody thats wasted talent.

Dolphins:

Marshall, NO CB on the Bills can and will stop him. He's just to damn good. McGee isn't what he used to be and is just to small to be effective.

R&R, They have proven to be a deadly force in the run game, they will have good games on sunday.

our O-Line, isn't what I expected at all, Jerry has shown huge potential. All Pro G very soon, we have Long, Carey, & Incognito is a good run blocker. Chemistry is important and they will struggle early w/o that.

our pass D ehh, outside of Davis & Bell the rest of the secondary scares the hell outta me. Clemons has huge potential but he's still green. JAllen, well lack of a better term SUCKS!!.

Our Pass rush will be good to great this year. Dansby, Wake, Starks, both S, Davis. we will have some exotic blitzes featuring those guys. Nolan is a great DC, we will see a better D on Sunday than we have since Saban.

All in All, it will be a good game. & IMO closer than some people think. Bills have a up & coming team & so do the Dolphins.

Fins 21 Bills 17

You are seriously lost in all of this discussion. Let me break it down for you and CORRECT you on your obvious mistakes.

1. Our interior oline is solid. Eric wood played until week 8 when he got hurt. He didn't miss the entire season, so I'm not sure where you get your information. Maybe you're the one on crack?

2. I didn't say we would run it down your throat, I said if you don't stack the box we will call plays to run it down your throat. Do you have reading comprehension problems?

3. I hope you don't stack the box, that makes our guys' jobs much easier. You don't think we can run it up inside but here's a link showing Spiller did just that:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d819e2313/Spiller-31-yard-TD-run

4. You talk about your defense being kept under wraps, well the same goes for us smart guy. Both teams will come out with plays and formations that the other team has never seen. And the only reason I took my defense over yours is because our defense has shown to be very opportunistic, getting INTs and causing turnovers.

5. If you don't want to respect our running game, then thats fine. I hope your players dont either. :)

Spiller has tremndous skills (attended Clemson his rook & Soph year), Hes my favorite player in the draft, but we have a great run D. Spiller has to prove that against 1s, not 2s & 3s. & our CBs are grear in run support. Davis is actually elite in run support. Bell is also. **** even Clemons has the range to break a play up quickly. Don't expect Spiller to have a field day like he did in the PRE-SEASON

The diffrence is our D is built for the 3-4, it has been sine Spoarno came in. We have 3-4 players. You guys came from the 4-3. Its a totally diffrent animal than the 3-4. Your D will struggle until the scheme slows down for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try to make you point without going to NFL.com and looking up the stats, you got athletes in the secondary, Dwan edwards from baltimore is so-so, Marcous Stroud(who i originally thought was a beast when Buffallo got him) has slowed down. A.Davis is ok as is Posluzny, and Kawika mitchell, Zero Pass Rush though(hows maybin doing lol) and a still suspect D line makes me think its going to be a Miami ball control game unless you can stop it. Btw you cant stack the box cus B-marsh. Bills didnt own anyone in anything, Jairus Byrd isnt playing, Edwards is on the same level as Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn. Sorry to say just how i see it....Small ball QB that hears footsteps.

Ok, so you want me to attempt to make a point in an argument without using the facts? LOL Sure.

You're right about one thing, it will be about Miami running on our defense. We seemed to be either feast or famine during the preseason against the run. So I expect to see miami come out running. Brandon Marshall will be kept under wraps, we've played against him before in our home opener. Wanna know his stats? 5 catches, 52 yrds, 1 td. Good, but not amazing. Our guys will keep hartline in check, Bess is the one who I think will make the most plays this week.

Oh and where did you hear Byrd isn't playing? He is playing. He's practiced all week. Maybe you should check the facts before you post.

1. Your Interior is "solid", umm sure ok solid isnt even good enough
2. Im telling you your run game is not strong enough to force a Defense to stack the box so it wont happen, Last season all teams did was stack the Phins box because Ronnie Brown and Ricky could score any carry and every way (up the middle, HB sweeps etc)
3. Lol again, your run game isnt strong enough to force a D to stack the box the O-Line cannot CONSISTENTLY open holes, as far as the Spiller TD run why dont you look at the O-Line on that play? you know where the O-Lineman got manhandled into the backfield which would have been a 3-4 yard loss...(Spiller is pure athlete and made 3 players miss) but the point still stands your O-Line isnt very good. Btw I watched that game and after that TD run spiller was stopped and stopped and stopped again for 1-2 yard gains or no gains. Lee evans wide open TD was a Miscommunication on the colts side....Im really noticing a pattern that you are a bills fan thats built up all this hot air from how well the team has played in the PRESEASON.
4. We now what were going to see, a SOFT 4-3 defense that has transitioned to a 3-4 which may or may not work. You will see a Phins D that attacks the QB which in Trents case could end the game before it even begins.
5. Not saying i don t respect the backs, I dont trust the O-Line, and I KNOW which team is more physical in that area.

im not trying to win a discussion, lol wth would i care bout that. If you wanna look at it that way you have marked yourself as a homer who thinks you have the best set of Rb's in the division(which shows your football knowledge) when the bills Rb's last year were average. The rest is you so hyped on Spiller, youve failed since you got here

The Bills had a strong preseason. Their fans are hyped. The Dolphins had a strong preseason in 2007 as well and we all saw how that turned out.

Sunday these fans will crash down to Earth and crash down hard.

CJ Spiller looks like an awesome talent but we've seen Chan Gailey as an offensive coordinator. He's not bad but he's not good enough to take a sub-par QB and what looks to be a bad OL and turn them into a dominant offense. That's no slight to Coach Gailey - it's just that you need more than a playbook to make up for those deficits.

Jay Fiedler led the Fins to 11 wins one seasons when Gailey was OC. :sidelol:

Dolphin fans shouldn't be ****y at all. We are not on the level of the Colts or Saints. We are a solid team that will squeak by every team we play. We are a blue collar playoff team.

Your team isn't solid. It has no secondary. It has no pass rush. It has an inaccurate QB who makes poor decisions and WRs who drop the ball. It has a Buffalo Bills reject starting at LG.

No playoffs for the Fishies. :sidelol:

Your team isn't solid. It has no secondary. It has no pass rush. It has an inaccurate QB who makes poor decisions and WRs who drop the ball. It has a Buffalo Bills reject starting at LG.

No playoffs for the Fishies. :sidelol:

Vontae Davis and Yeremiah Bell are players. Cameron Wake will be in Edwards face all day long. Henne is inaccurate on deep balls, but can win with the short to intermediate throws. Our Wrs do drop balls I'll give you that one. The Bills are actually a Richie reject not the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom