“Legal” Tampering Day 2 Superthread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“Legal” Tampering Day 2 Superthread

But I thought they don't announce F/A signings during this 2 day negotiation period? I can't believe someone actually tried to tell me that yesterday. Oh well. I guess everything that happened yesterday and prior years didn't happen. I hate when people try to make others look like fools on social media. Its annoying.

But I thought they don't announce F/A signings during this 2 day negotiation period? I can't believe someone actually tried to tell me that yesterday. Oh well. I guess everything that happened yesterday and prior years didn't happen. I hate when people try to make others look like fools on social media. Its annoying.
I think these just aren’t “official” until Wednesday at 4, but agreed upon

I know someone posted a list before of guys that were cut by their teams and wouldn’t count against comp picks. Would be very interested to parooze that list again

I do think some of these advanced analytic stats are getting blown out of proportion. Calvin Johnson would have 3 guys draped all over him but would still put up monster numbers very rarely would he be wide open. I’m sure his separation yards weren’t great but every team would take him in a second. Not saying Golladay is that good just using it as an example. Preston Williams Is a UDFA who isn’t a sure thing to even make the team, he’s been inconsistent and injured. We all know Parker has struggled with injuries himself. Golladay, Parker, and Gesicki would be a nightmare mismatch having 3 big guys who can make contested catches. There is a bunch of complimentary receivers like: Jaylen Waddle, Kadarius Toney, Amari Rodgers, D’wayne Eskridge in the draft to go with Lynn Bowden for our speedy slot.

I’m not saying Miami should do this, or that it’s the best option. I just want to point out that there is a way to make this work and thrive if Miami does go this route.

Well......8:15 already and no signings.............................. I guess I gotta get back to work.

I do think some of these advanced analytic stats are getting blown out of proportion. Calvin Johnson would have 3 guys draped all over him but would still put up monster numbers very rarely would he be wide open. I’m sure his separation yards weren’t great but every team would take him in a second. Not saying Golladay is that good just using it as an example. Preston Williams Is a UDFA who isn’t a sure thing to even make the team, he’s been inconsistent and injured. We all know Parker has struggled with injuries himself. Golladay, Parker, and Gesicki would be a nightmare mismatch having 3 big guys who can make contested catches. There is a bunch of complimentary receivers like: Jaylen Waddle, Kadarius Toney, Amari Rodgers, D’wayne Eskridge in the draft to go with Lynn Bowden for our speedy slot.

I’m not saying Miami should do this, or that it’s the best option. I just want to point out that there is a way to make this work and thrive if Miami does go this route.

It wouldn't surprise me if, for purposes of FA and draft, the FO treats Parker and Williams as basically one X receiver. In other words, I'll prob get 0.6 of a season from one and 0.5 of a season from the other so I'm basically considering them one guy for the season in total. Combined cost of the 2 is well within the acceptable range for their production.

In that sense, depending on how they value Bowden and Wilson in particular, they may be looking for a Y and a Z, either to start or to back-up, but also maybe an X as backup to the 2 "half-receivers".

Back
Top Bottom