“Legal” Tampering Day 2 Superthread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“Legal” Tampering Day 2 Superthread

Is Grier sitting this one out? Is he saving cap space for a potential Watson trade? All these questions and no one (especially the Dolphins’ beat writers) can answer them! Frustrating.

If we spent a lot of money, people would bitch that we were spending too much money and hamstringing ourselves for the future, for Watson (if that floats your boat) or something similar.

If we don't spend a lot of money, it's automatically the end of the world and we're suddenly a last-place team.

Can't have it both ways.

Is Grier sitting this one out? Is he saving cap space for a potential Watson trade? All these questions and no one (especially the Dolphins’ beat writers) can answer them! Frustrating.
I'm sitting here smiling that the beat writers don't know what to do. Job well done by the FO in my opinion. We are sitting on top of a gold mine of draft value with very specific needs. If we add one WR or RB I'll be happy, doesn't even have to be a top 25 guy. My gut is that we have our WR pinpointed in the draft, someone that Tua really wants too.

It's only natural to feel a little anxiety when all the high-priced talent gets snatched up by our rivals. However, and I might be in the minority here, but I like that we haven't gone hog wild in FA. As Flores said, it's better to have 11 guys who, although all of them aren't star players, are good players and maybe even more importantly, team players. I am guessing, based on the rumors, that we are going to sign a WR to a huge contract. I can't tell you between Galladay and Samuel who will end up being the better player for their new team, but if we do land one of those guys, I am behind them all the way and think either one of them can help our team. The important thing for me is that Grier has a plan. I think he does, but it's fluid because as Flores says, we can't always get what we want. Today should be a good day. I think special teams is very important and like that they added a good player in Carter. We have work to do, but I am excited about the direction of the team!

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind
RB Marlon Mack or Fournette,
WR would love Golladay or Hilton
Edge at a push we have to take a swing on a target like Reddick or dare I say it Clowney (Both would have to be at a good price)
S Anthony Harris or Malik Hooker.

If we could get 1 maybe 2 of these positions I would be happy.

Then draft to fill needs even if we got Golladay we would still need another WR, if we got Mack id still look at Williams in Rd 2

Back
Top Bottom