Lets assume everything goes as planned: what do we do with the two 1st rounders? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets assume everything goes as planned: what do we do with the two 1st rounders?

Ummm, the Dolphins just started training camp for the 2022 season. Don't jump on the 2nd marshmallow just yet.

Neither of those are considered high value positions. I guess it would depend where exactly our 2 picks fall, but if we get say a top 10 pick via SF, I doubt those would be the selection.
Punter, long snapper?

Can't see it.

I think Edmonds will have a stellar year for us, but even if he flies into space at some point I don't see us using a first rounder on RB.

MAYBE if one of our picks is last 3 or 4 in the round and some amazing prospect somehow falls there, but even then unlikely.
When your system is based on RB by committee like McDaniel prefers, I doubt you will see a first-round investment in one, either. Circumstances has already made that point by pointing to Edmonds as a guy they targeted in FA this year. They have a really experienced group in the RB room, and I think they will tweak it next year with at best one of their two 3rd round picks at the earliest. But even then, they may opt to draft one later. Think of the cost factor in putting your resources into a RB like Christian McCaffery, Saquon Barkley, or Derrick Henry, only to lose them early on where you had based your offensive philosophy around them in the off-season prior to the games being played.
A RB I like for next year that they may get would be Camerun Peoples from App State who might be there in the 3rd or 4th round. He is Big and Fast but he did have an ACL tear two years ago..

Back
Top Bottom