Lets go Bengals!!! MNF Thread 12/4 Jags V Bengals | Page 60 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets go Bengals!!! MNF Thread 12/4 Jags V Bengals

About 25 years ago, I think it was the season of the Leon Lett Thanksgiving game, the Dolphins were 9-2 and finished 1-4 and either missed the playoffs or lost in the first round. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

I'm sorry. The previous 23 seasons has given me PTSD, so I keep getting flashbacks.

And hot flashes. - LOL

Yeah, they went from Thanksgiving glory to the gutter. But they were leaning on a broken down Steve DeBerg down the stretch. And they totally missed the playoffs in 93. One of the most disappointing seasons in decades of disappointing seasons. Pray, or hope, or consult an Ouija Board to make sure Tua stays upright and healthy through the holidays.

Or toughen yourself up; take some JUDO lessons.
It is working for Tua. - LOL

See what happens when you speak in absolutes? And donā€™t know wtf youā€™re talking about?

It can happen and it did. So stop presenting as if the things you have no ability to believe in and see are impossible.

Moving on from you, I am so glad Jake Browning got the opportunity to show everyone what most of us in the SAC area already knew. The kid can play.

Not only was Browning an elite QB in HS that started for a powerhouse program as a sophomore, he started as a true freshman at the University of Washington and was a star there.

I mentioned his name in various threads in the draft forum years ago, and while itā€™s taken a long time for him to get the audition he had tonight ā€” he finally got there!

And make no mistake, tonight was an audition for the rest of the league. The Bungles are Joe Burrowā€™s team, of course. But there are a lot of QB needy teams right now. If Jake can continue to play well for the rest of the season, heā€™s very likely to peak a lot of interest and get a shot to compete for a starting gig somewhere else. The Cheatriots sure need a QB, donā€™t they? Lmao.

It was only one game, but an important step in building confidence. Iā€™d argue thatā€™s among the numerous steps that has helped Mr. Irrelevant Brock Purdy to ascend as he has.

One is being in the right system with the right coach. Two is having enough surrounding talent. Three is actually performing well on the field to build confidence. Once a QB has confidence, they can really fly!

Weā€™ve seen the transformation with Tua Tagovailoa, and weā€™re seeing it with the nearly undrafted Brock Purdy. Thereā€™s no reason why the same canā€™t happen for Jake Browning. The kid has got a lot of talent. And as we all saw tonight, heā€™s got that all important cool, calm demeanor.

The good old one, two three punches. - LOL

A Jacksonville win vs the Bengals would have left them in a tie for the top AFC seed. Now they're 7-4, maybe without their qb for a few games and only 1 game ahead of the Colts and Texans in the division race.

A Jacksonville win vs the Bengals would have left them in a tie for the top AFC seed. Now they're 7-4, maybe without their qb for a few games and only 1 game ahead of the Colts and Texans in the division race.
Jags next two games are against the Brown and the Ravens.

Not sure Jax wants to play that Browns defense with a backup QB but that is looking likely. The Colts are on a roll currently and the Texans are playing above expectations, so that division could get really interesting the next few weeks

Ravens:
Rams
Jags
49ers
Dolphins
Steelers

If they only lose to 49ers, and we win every game but Ravens, they get the one seed over us if we are tied for 1/2

KC:
Bills
Pats
Raiders
Bengals
chargers

Bills is the toughest game on that list

Jax - if sunshine is hurt, they are probably in trouble.

Dolphins:
Titans
Jets
Cowboys
Ravens
Bills

Our three final games are darn tough. If Jax QB is healthy, Ravens have 3 tough games too. If not, they have 2. KC probably has the easiest path to #1 IMO

After tonight - Browning made many nice throws - KC playing the Bengals is a real game for KC

About 25 years ago, I think it was the season of the Leon Lett Thanksgiving game, the Dolphins were 9-2 and finished 1-4 and either missed the playoffs or lost in the first round. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

I'm sorry. The previous 23 seasons has given me PTSD, so I keep getting flashbacks.
Actually, Miami didnā€™t win another game the rest of the season after the Thanksgiving game in Dallas. And it was 30 years ago.

Yesterday Dan Orlovsky said the Bengals are the best example of why FSU shouldn't be in the college playoffs. Said they weren't the same team and they couldn't be counted on to win. Whelp, Bengals won. FSU should be in college playoffs, and more importantly:

Fins are #1 seed!!

Head to head doesn't matter when three or more teams are involved, unless everyone played everyone, and it DQs a team if they lost to all the others.
I understand, but divisional ties are broken first. Pitts wins tiebreaker at the divisional level with Cleveland and then pitts wins tiebreaker against Indy. The next spot then goes to the tiebreaker winner of Indy/Clev, which is Cleveland. FWIW, post game ESPN showed the seeding as I have it.

Back
Top Bottom