Lets go Bengals!!! MNF Thread 12/4 Jags V Bengals | Page 61 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets go Bengals!!! MNF Thread 12/4 Jags V Bengals

I understand, but divisional ties are broken first. Pitts wins tiebreaker at the divisional level with Cleveland and then pitts wins tiebreaker against Indy. The next spot then goes to the tiebreaker winner of Indy/Clev, which is Cleveland. FWIW, post game ESPN showed the seeding as I have it.
Divisional tie breaker would come into play for the division title, not a factor in the wildcard tie breaker with Browns, Colts and Steelers.

I just know that the SOV tiebreaker is gonna screw the Dolphins. They're SOV is .303 right now and will probably be .250 after the next 2 games. The Dolphins are already locked in to losing that tie breaker.
They play the Ravens head-to-head, which matters most. Win out, and nobody can catch them. They will have a full-game lead on all of them. If they don't win out, the division record or head-to-head (Chiefs) will most likely decide it. That scenario only happens if the Phins lose 1 game and both the Ravens and Cheifs win out. The top 3 teams will all have played head-to-head. Lots of football left to play, anything can happen...

How do you explain Jacksonville having 4 losses at home and being undefeated on the road? Are all their easy games on the road and the hard ones at home? Do they just have a bad home field?
I think they won two in London, one was a home game and one was a road game “technically”…they lost to the Chiefs, Niners, Texans and Bengals in Jax. Road slate has been easier…

Updated standings:

1. Miami 9-3 (tiebreaker over Baltimore)
2. Baltimore 9-3
3. Kansas City 8-4 (tiebreaker over Jax)
4. Jacksonville 8-4
5. Pittsburgh 7-5 (tiebreaker over Indy and Cleveland)
6. Cleveland 7-5.....NFL.com says Indy is the 6, but do not believe that is correct. Pittsburgh takes tiebreaker over Cleveland and Indy, so then the tiebreaker goes next to Cleveland and Indy -- Cleveland beat Indy
7. Indianpolis 7-5
8. Houston 7-5 (loses tiebreaker to Indy)
9. Denver 6-6 (beats Cincy and Buffalo in tiebreakers)
10. Cincinnati 6-6 (beats Buffalo in tiebreaker)
11. Buffalo 6-6
You don't do head to head tie breakers when there's a 4-way tie, that's why Indy is ahead of Cleveland.

Yeah, they went from Thanksgiving glory to the gutter. But they were leaning on a broken down Steve DeBerg down the stretch. And they totally missed the playoffs in 93. One of the most disappointing seasons in decades of disappointing seasons. Pray, or hope, or consult an Ouija Board to make sure Tua stays upright and healthy through the holidays.
So Marino tore his achilles in '92? I thought that was around '97. But Scott Mitchell filled in for him.

So Marino tore his achilles in '92? I thought that was around '97. But Scott Mitchell filled in for him.
He tore is achilles in 1993 and Scott Mitchell did fill him for him but he got hurt before the Cowboys game on Thanksgiving. He came back later that season though because I was at the Monday night game against the Chargers in San Diego around Christmas time and he was the QB in that game. His family was sitting right behind me. That was a brutal game to watch though because the Dolphins lost 45-20. That was one of the most memorable seasons in Dolphins history because Don Shula broke the all time wins record as a head coach that year.

He tore is achilles in 1993 and Scott Mitchell did fill him for him but he got hurt before the Cowboys game on Thanksgiving. He came back later that season though because I was at the Monday night game against the Chargers in San Diego around Christmas time and he was the QB in that game. His family was sitting right behind me. That was a brutal game to watch though because the Dolphins lost 45-20. That was one of the most memorable seasons in Dolphins history because Don Shula broke the all time wins record as a head coach that year.
I was in Miami for the game against the Giants with DeBerg at QB. Talk about disappointing. Planned the trip before the season thinking it’s Marino vs. Simms and the Giants D with LT. And I end up having to watch DeBerg.

This also happened to me when Tannehill went down in training camp. Travel to Miami only to be forced to watch Jay Cutler stink it up vs. the Jets. The trip was only saved by Matt Moore leading a comeback in relief.

I was in Miami for the game against the Giants with DeBerg at QB. Talk about disappointing. Planned the trip before the season thinking it’s Marino vs. Simms and the Giants D with LT. And I end up having to watch DeBerg.

This also happened to me when Tannehill went down in training camp. Travel to Miami only to be forced to watch Jay Cutler stink it up vs. the Jets. The trip was only saved by Matt Moore leading a comeback in relief.
How quickly we forget.
Especially as I get older. - LOL

How quickly we forget.
Especially as I get older. - LOL
30 years ago. It’s scary.

I haven’t had the best luck traveling to Miami for games. Although I did get to see the 1995 home opener when we punked the Jets 52-14.

We gotta wait 3 days for football again?

Let’s go Patriots. Mac Jones better play for NE or they better be investigated for tanking.

Gotta get NE out of that 2nd draft spot.

Agree. That said, it would be par for the course for NE to land the #3 pick. Then, trade down down to around #8 getting an additinal 2nd or 1st next yr.

Meanwhile, the media narrative that Belichick is a genius continues.

p.s. I won't even mention the possibility of Harrison, Jr being drafted by the patsies.

Back
Top Bottom