Lets go Bengals!!! MNF Thread 12/4 Jags V Bengals | Page 62 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets go Bengals!!! MNF Thread 12/4 Jags V Bengals

It IMO was a small possibility that GB or Cincy would win. I did not think both would.
I had minimal hope for either…although I’ve felt that the Chiefs and Jaguars aren’t as good as the “consensus” believes them to be.

Was the 93 season. Scott Mitchell and Steve De Berg came in for Marino that season.
Don't forget about Doug Pederson as well. He was the QB against the Eagles that gave Don Shula the all time wins record for a head coach.

Don't forget about Doug Pederson as well. He was the QB against the Eagles that gave Don Shula the all time wins record for a head coach.
Didn’t DeBerg break his finger or something? I feel like I remember that. An absolute debacle of a season at QB.

Agree. That said, it would be par for the course for NE to land the #3 pick. Then, trade down down to around #8 getting an additinal 2nd or 1st next yr.

Meanwhile, the media narrative that Belichick is a genius continues.

p.s. I won't even mention the possibility of Harrison, Jr being drafted by the patsies.

First off, it’s very unlikely Bill will be making that decision. Too important of an asset to let BB mess it up on his way out the door.

The thought of Harrison to the Pats is terrifying to this Buckeyes fan, granted it might be a while before anyone worth a damn is throwing to him. He's a specimen. Wouldn't surprise me if Harrison's reps make it clear to New England that he doesn't want to go there and he'd consider re-entering next years draft. Maserati Marv won't starve. He’s not going to want to go there.

My hope is that they end up with the Penn State OT.

First off, it’s very unlikely Bill will be making that decision. Too important of an asset to let BB mess it up on his way out the door.

The thought of Harrison to the Pats is terrifying to this Buckeyes fan, granted it might be a while before anyone worth a damn is throwing to him. He's a specimen. Wouldn't surprise me if Harrison's reps make it clear to New England that he doesn't want to go there and he'd consider re-entering next years draft. Maserati Marv won't starve. He’s not going to want to go there.

My hope is that they end up with the Penn State OT.

I can see Bill trying to resurrect the franchise by drafting Bowers.

I have been referring to MHJ as Tasty Cakes the 2nd. Tasty Cakes was if memory serves his dad's nickname.

There's that too.

p.s. Rice has been coming along nicely IMO. Skyy Moore OTOH.
Agreed on Rice. But right now, I think his production is mainly coming from short throws. Mahomes is lacking that connection for the deep ball. Mahomes was great because he could buy time and then somehow find a receiver that seemed to understand where he needed to be when the play was off-script. He doesn’t have that connection with any of these guys currently. And the guy who should be familiar with these situations can’t catch (MVS).

Bill is heading to the Chargers.
IDK if he is heading anywhere but Retirement.

I realize franchises make boneheaded decisions all the time, but BB is well past his prime, is not seen as an offensive guy which is the trend now for a couple good reasons, has never really adapted to the modern game and, possibly most importantly, has done jack $hit since Brady left.

What's the draw for a team to give BB a fat contract?

IDK if he is heading anywhere but Retirement.

I realize franchises make boneheaded decisions all the time, but BB is well past his prime, is not seen as an offensive guy which is the trend now for a couple good reasons, has never really adapted to the modern game and, possibly most importantly, has done jack $hit since Brady left.

What's the draw for a team to give BB a fat contract?

I don't think he'd be too concerned with a fat contract at this point as much as getting a chance to redeem himself. I think he'd only go to a team that has a strong QB situation and I think the Chargers might be desperate enough to swing for the fences.

In reality I think he's actually going to be done coaching after this season and be forced to retire. I just think that's going to eat at him.

Back
Top Bottom