Let's start 2nd rnd targets! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's start 2nd rnd targets!

Austin Johnson DT- I agree DT is an underrated need, even if we keep Mitchell, we lack the type of DT that can take on multiple blockers to free up Suh
Jeremy Cash SS- Great in the box safety to cover the flats, blitz, and stop outside runs. People forget that Reshad Jones is a pretty good deep coverage safety as well, and our scheme for years has made the safety position an interchangeable one, so drafting a SS isn't out of the question.
Xavien Howard CB- Big press corner that probably won't make it to the third round, would really help us out with the bigger Wrs in our division.
Josh Garnett OL- Road grading guard that could start day 1
Alex Collins RB- Tough running back that sees the field well and is aggressive and durable.
Sheldon Day DL- DT-DE tweener that could be our RDE on running situations then kicked inside on passing downs
Karl Joseph SS- Big hitter, once again another safety that could make Reshad's life a little easier.
Jordan Jenkins- SOLB with length and power, could fall to the third round with a bad 40 time, but this guy can wreak havoc

I really like vernon butler...but i think hes gonna be drafted by a 34 team...and i dont think he should make it to 40

But with this dt class depth maybe

I think he gets drafted as a 5 tech

1st rnd prospects have been talked up to death, time to move to the 2nd rnd prospects. Not to mention this forum has has been slacking this year.

I'll start: Jonathan Bullard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Xff_dZ304&sns=em

Why is this guy not getting more hype? Big boy can move!

There are a ton of good DTs in this class, and it is our position of LEAST need. No way. You can get a good DT in Rd 4 of this draft if you need one. Which we don't.

Austin Johnson DT- I agree DT is an underrated need, even if we keep Mitchell, we lack the type of DT that can take on multiple blockers to free up Suh
Jeremy Cash SS- Great in the box safety to cover the flats, blitz, and stop outside runs. People forget that Reshad Jones is a pretty good deep coverage safety as well, and our scheme for years has made the safety position an interchangeable one, so drafting a SS isn't out of the question.
Xavien Howard CB- Big press corner that probably won't make it to the third round, would really help us out with the bigger Wrs in our division.
Josh Garnett OL- Road grading guard that could start day 1
Alex Collins RB- Tough running back that sees the field well and is aggressive and durable.
Sheldon Day DL- DT-DE tweener that could be our RDE on running situations then kicked inside on passing downs
Karl Joseph SS- Big hitter, once again another safety that could make Reshad's life a little easier.
Jordan Jenkins- SOLB with length and power, could fall to the third round with a bad 40 time, but this guy can wreak havoc

Sheldon Day is a player I need to watch more of.

Garnett I love.

But for me the talent in the 2nd rnd is at the DT, DE, and pass rusher positions. I think there will be real value there for us and we should tale advantage of it.

I also think there is a good chance a good cornerback could fall to us there.

I really like vernon butler...but i think hes gonna be drafted by a 34 team...and i dont think he should make it to 40

But with this dt class depth maybe

I think he gets drafted as a 5 tech

Ya the only reason I have butler falling there is because of the depth at the position. He could easily go earlier, but if he makes it out of the 1st rnd I think a lot of those teams above us could have there eyes on other positions of need.

He's incredibly agile at that size.

There are a ton of good DTs in this class, and it is our position of LEAST need. No way. You can get a good DT in Rd 4 of this draft if you need one. Which we don't.

Bad teams become good teams by acquiring talent.

Not by filling positions. Until we learn this well be a mediocre franchise.

A domiamting rotation of DT's is NOT a bad thing.

I would love to get Josh Perry in the 2nd rd.

Bad teams become good teams by acquiring talent.

Not by filling positions. Until we learn this well be a mediocre franchise.

A domiamting rotation of DT's is NOT a bad thing.

Neither is a QB that is better than mediocre.

Joshua Garnett
Xavien Howard
Kamalei Correa
Cody Whitehair
Derrick Henry
Shon Coleman
Kyler Fackrell

The list of players I'd be happy with at the top of the second is a pretty long one. There's a rump of talent there imo. No point in listing them all, so I really hope the FO don't screw that pick up. It should be the easiest pick of the draft. There will be good picks at QB, WR, OL, DL, LB, S.

It's a pick though that, in three years time, will surely have fans saying "why the hell didn't we pick X?", because there'll be a number of good long-term starters who were taken in the 2016 second round top half. I just hope we make sure we get one of them. The one position where i doubt there'll be much to choose from is CB, unless you value a guy higher than consensus. Makes the Hargreaves pick harder to ignore, unless there are some later guys you really like. There is a glut of good nickel CBs in the late 2nd to 3rd round territory but the boundary guys are riskier as you go down.

Hard to predict who will be there at this point, but some names I'd watch:

WR: M. Thomas

OT: Germain Ifedi, LeRaven Clark, Shon Coleman, Jason Spriggs

C: Ryan Kelly

DT: Kenny Clark

OLB: Sua Cravens

-

I think guys like Justin Simmons (Boston College) and Sean Davis (Maryland) are going to rise, but I don't know how high they'll go. I like them better than most of the DB's people rank ahead of them. I disagree with the consensus on this DT group. Outside of Bullard and Rankins, none of the top DT's are good athletes. Bullard would have to be a base DE that kicks inside on passing downs, and I don't want another smallish penetrating DT next to Suh on base downs, so I'd say no thank you to Rankins. There are a lot of big bodies, but Clark and Billings are the only ones who are close to average athletes. Drafting in the first two rounds, I'm looking to improve the quality and athleticism of my team - not reaching for a plug-and-play guy with limited upside.

Round 2 - as it stands today - looks like a good place to pickup a swing tackle with a great frame. The more I look at this draft, the more I think 1) it's pretty weak and 2) the consensus rankings need adjustment.

I don't like the LB's, DE's, or CB's currently ranked in that range. If I didn't go for a swing tackle, I'd probably look to trade down. I don't see much difference between 42 and 200.

My choices: Cant just choose 1 as it depends where they go round 1
Derrick Henry
V.Alexander
J.Perry
J.Mills
A.Burns

I really like Perry as an upgrade to the Sam position...

this seems like a very good draft with a ton of talent in the top 100...

Hard to predict who will be there at this point, but some names I'd watch:

WR: M. Thomas

OT: Germain Ifedi, LeRaven Clark, Shon Coleman, Jason Spriggs

C: Ryan Kelly

DT: Kenny Clark

OLB: Sua Cravens

-

I think guys like Justin Simmons (Boston College) and Sean Davis (Maryland) are going to rise, but I don't know how high they'll go. I like them better than most of the DB's people rank ahead of them. I disagree with the consensus on this DT group. Outside of Bullard and Rankins, none of the top DT's are good athletes. Bullard would have to be a base DE that kicks inside on passing downs, and I don't want another smallish penetrating DT next to Suh on base downs, so I'd say no thank you to Rankins. There are a lot of big bodies, but Clark and Billings are the only ones who are close to average athletes. Drafting in the first two rounds, I'm looking to improve the quality and athleticism of my team - not reaching for a plug-and-play guy with limited upside.

Round 2 - as it stands today - looks like a good place to pickup a swing tackle with a great frame. The more I look at this draft, the more I think 1) it's pretty weak and 2) the consensus rankings need adjustment.

I don't like the LB's, DE's, or CB's currently ranked in that range. If I didn't go for a swing tackle, I'd probably look to trade down. I don't see much difference between 42 and 200.

Who does Bullard compare to athletically? I ask you because your kind of the measurement man on this forum.

And agreed about this teams 1st 2 rnds needing to be about upgrading this teams athletism.

I really like Perry as an upgrade to the Sam position...

this seems like a very good draft with a ton of talent in the top 100...

Heard Perrys name more this week than the last few months, think he's starting to rise up the boards a bit.

Back
Top Bottom