Shilique Calhoun DE
Eli Apple CB
Cody Whitehair OG
Kenny Clark DT-very underrated
Joshua Garnett OG
Chris Jones DT
Christian Westerman OG
Jalen Mills S

I'm with you on Kenny Clark being underrated as a round 2 target. Chris Jones is another underrated DT IMO. I think Eli Apple is now a top 15 prospect. Don't see anyway he makes it to R2.

Really like Andrew Billings, that kid strong as heck. Probably too raw for us though since we already have Phillips. Someone is going to get themselves a heck of a talent there though.

Still need to watch Sheldon Day and Kenny Clark. This DT class is something else.

I think the DT class is so good this year that it's been somewhat taken for granted fan wise. I'm sure NFL teams will snatch these guys up quickly. I love Billings and Robinson. Reed would be nice as a run stuffer next to Suh.

I think the DT class is so good this year that it's been somewhat taken for granted fan wise. I'm sure NFL teams will snatch these guys up quickly. I love Billings and Robinson. Reed would be nice as a run stuffer next to Suh.

If that run stuffer next to Suh isn't Jordan Phillips, then Tannenbaum should let the draft experts make the picks. Ronald Darby or Jake Fisher would have been better and safer picks. But hey, he had a gut instinct on that one, like with Quinton Coples. We have so many needs this year, I don't know that we can afford to go DT in rd 2.

If that run stuffer next to Suh isn't Jordan Phillips, then Tannenbaum should let the draft experts make the picks. Ronald Darby or Jake Fisher would have been better and safer picks. But hey, he had a gut instinct on that one, like with Quinton Coples. We have so many needs this year, I don't know that we can afford to go DT in rd 2.

If Jordan develops he will be a brilliant pick, if he doesn't it will be a bad pick.

But getting a really big athletic DT to play and learn next to Suh, was by no means a bad idea.

I really don't understand the Scooby thing at all. He's not even draft worthy IMO.

Ya I don't know where to rank Bullard myself but I loved Richardson in his draft. I feel like the talent level in the 2nd rnd is so close to the talent level in the 1st rnd it's very hard to judge who will go where.

Bullard jumps off the screen though, constantly is 2 steps up the field before anyone else on the Dline even moves. AND he cam change direction on the drop of a dime.

Really don't know why he's so undervalued in this draft.

Scooby is a Zach Thomas CLONE

Jk lol I know that comparison always ruffles feathers around here. I've seen it many times on this forum. :D

Su'a Cravens is legit, easily my favorite OLB in this draft.

He's lighter/smaller than Lee!

dwcpiEh.png

If Jordan develops he will be a brilliant pick, if he doesn't it will be a bad pick.

But getting a really big athletic DT to play and learn next to Suh, was by no means a bad idea.

Agreed, I have no problem with selecting a DT there- but if Phillips turns out to be a bust and we passed up one of the best young CBs in football and a really good young OT, dire need positions last year and of course now- that's a problem. Especially when Phillips had a bad back and a label as an underachiever.

Scooby is a Zach Thomas CLONE

Jk lol I know that comparison always ruffles feathers around here. I've seen it many times on this forum. :D

Hah

Unathletic + white = Zack Thomas

He's lighter/smaller than Lee!

dwcpiEh.png

Plays much more physical, much better insticts, better football player all around, more importantly, also not asking for him in the 1st rnd with the 13th pick.

Su'a also has position flexibility, where as Lee IMO has to play OLB.

Lee in the 2nd rnd wouldn't bother me much, to me there is high possibility he doesn't even get on the field his rookie year. At least not consistently, so I'm gonna nit pick him a Little harder.

As a pure OLB Cravens is also def small though. I just trust his football acumen a lot more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah

Unathletic + white = Zack Thomas

Plays much more physical, much better insticts, better football player all around, more importantly, also not asking for him in the 1st rnd with the 13th pick.

Su'a also has position flexibility, where as Lee IMO has to play OLB.

Lee in the 2nd rnd wouldn't bother me much, to me there is high possibility he doesn't even get on the field his rookie year. At least not consistently, so I'm gonna nit pick him a Little harder.

As a pure OLB Cravens is also def small though. I just trust his football acumen a lot more.

I think you're WAY off here, but we'll see. Lee's threatening the top-10, and the 3rd RD is threatening Cravens.

Hard to predict who will be there at this point, but some names I'd watch:

WR: M. Thomas

OT: Germain Ifedi, LeRaven Clark, Shon Coleman, Jason Spriggs

C: Ryan Kelly

DT: Kenny Clark

OLB: Sua Cravens

-

I think guys like Justin Simmons (Boston College) and Sean Davis (Maryland) are going to rise, but I don't know how high they'll go. I like them better than most of the DB's people rank ahead of them. I disagree with the consensus on this DT group. Outside of Bullard and Rankins, none of the top DT's are good athletes. Bullard would have to be a base DE that kicks inside on passing downs, and I don't want another smallish penetrating DT next to Suh on base downs, so I'd say no thank you to Rankins. There are a lot of big bodies, but Clark and Billings are the only ones who are close to average athletes. Drafting in the first two rounds, I'm looking to improve the quality and athleticism of my team - not reaching for a plug-and-play guy with limited upside.

Round 2 - as it stands today - looks like a good place to pickup a swing tackle with a great frame. The more I look at this draft, the more I think 1) it's pretty weak and 2) the consensus rankings need adjustment.

I don't like the LB's, DE's, or CB's currently ranked in that range. If I didn't go for a swing tackle, I'd probably look to trade down. I don't see much difference between 42 and 200.

I'm a fan of Sean Davis.....very intriguing athlete to me. I would want to try him at corner first. He is extremely athletic and looks to have the agility and hips to play CB, just needs better technique. Sub 4.5 40, top 3-cone, top 3 shuttle, top 6 vert and broad. That's an athlete. If he doesn't work at CB, drop him back to FS. Regardless, he'll be a special teams killer from Day 1.

I think you're WAY off here, but we'll see. Lee's threatening the top-10, and the 3rd RD is threatening Cravens.

I don't doubt that, IMO Lee is getting a huge push up the boards based on his athletism in a unathletic class.

But to me he still looks more like a athlete who happens to play football, rather than a really good football player. OLB is an evolving position though so maybe that works, I dunno.

I'm a fan of Sean Davis.....very intriguing athlete to me. I would want to try him at corner first. He is extremely athletic and looks to have the agility and hips to play CB, just needs better technique. Sub 4.5 40, top 3-cone, top 3 shuttle, top 6 vert and broad. That's an athlete. If he doesn't work at CB, drop him back to FS. Regardless, he'll be a special teams killer from Day 1.

Also forced 5 fumbles in 2015 - Peanut Tillman territory. I'm being a little facetious, but that's impressive for a CB. I agree that his technique needs work, and his awareness can be spotty, but if he were to make it as a CB, he'd be a great fit in Joseph's D. He has the desired length, speed, and physicality - into addition to his outstanding agility. I think he compares pretty well to Eric Rowe coming out of Utah - also a S to CB. But, I think Davis is better and more physical than Rowe was coming out. Philly asked a lot of Rowe as a rookie - consistently out on an island. He would have looked pretty good under different circumstances - despite still needing refinement. I doubt he lasts to 73.

jMLPOX6.png

bvmDfXi.png

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/eric-rowe?id=2552255

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/sean-davis?id=2555386

I don't doubt that, IMO Lee is getting a huge push up the boards based on his athletism in a unathletic class.

But to me he still looks more like a athlete who happens to play football, rather than a really good football player. OLB is an evolving position though so maybe that works, I dunno.

Lee's a killer. He was the best player on the field in the Alabama and Oregon games playoff games. He's bigger and more athletic than L. David - who played at 210lbs as a Junior. Size should not be a concern with Lee.

Back
Top Bottom