Let's start 2nd rnd targets! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's start 2nd rnd targets!

Some of these guys will be there and some wont but these are some guys I like that could be around our 2nd pick.

Vernon BUtler-DT
Jarran Reed-DT
Taylor Decker-OT
Cody Whitehair-OG
Hunter Henry-TE
Sua Cravens-LB

If we address CB in round one I'd look at either Cody Whitehair, the best LB remaining, or the best DE remaining. Might be interested in Hunter Henry if we part ways with Cameron and are passive in free agency at TE.

Joshua Garnett
Xavien Howard
Kamalei Correa
Cody Whitehair
Derrick Henry
Shon Coleman
Kyler Fackrell

Nice list. Some good talent will be there for sure. Really like Joshua Garnett and also Scooby Wright (I know there's a lot of differing opinions on him).

Wouldn't mind taking a shot at nassib in the second. It would be wise to draft a DE on day 2 sometime because they'll most likely be asked to play a lot of snaps next season. Calhoun is another one to keep an eye on there

Who does Bullard compare to athletically? I ask you because your kind of the measurement man on this forum.

And agreed about this teams 1st 2 rnds needing to be about upgrading this teams athletism.

Heard Perrys name more this week than the last few months, think he's starting to rise up the boards a bit.

Off the top of my head, Sheldon Richardson is a pretty good athletic comp, but Richardson was bigger and is longer than Bullard - with Bullard being faster/quicker. Not a perfect comp by any means, but he's the closest one that comes to mind. I wouldn't rank Bullard as a top-10 player, though, and I did have Richardson in or near the top-10 (2013 being a little weaker than 2016).

Jordan Jenkins, strongside backer from Georgia. Like him better than Joshua Perry.

Shilique Calhoun DE
Eli Apple CB
Cody Whitehair OG
Kenny Clark DT-very underrated
Joshua Garnett OG
Chris Jones DT
Christian Westerman OG
Jalen Mills S

Nice list. Some good talent will be there for sure. Really like Joshua Garnett and also Scooby Wright (I know there's a lot of differing opinions on him).

I really don't understand the Scooby thing at all. He's not even draft worthy IMO.

Off the top of my head, Sheldon Richardson is a pretty good athletic comp, but Richardson was bigger and is longer than Bullard - with Bullard being faster/quicker. Not a perfect comp by any means, but he's the closest one that comes to mind. I wouldn't rank Bullard as a top-10 player, though, and I did have Richardson in or near the top-10 (2013 being a little weaker than 2016).

Ya I don't know where to rank Bullard myself but I loved Richardson in his draft. I feel like the talent level in the 2nd rnd is so close to the talent level in the 1st rnd it's very hard to judge who will go where.

Bullard jumps off the screen though, constantly is 2 steps up the field before anyone else on the Dline even moves. AND he cam change direction on the drop of a dime.

Really don't know why he's so undervalued in this draft.

I like apple, or a guard for rd 2

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Hard to predict who will be there at this point, but some names I'd watch:

WR: M. Thomas

OT: Germain Ifedi, LeRaven Clark, Shon Coleman, Jason Spriggs

C: Ryan Kelly

DT: Kenny Clark

OLB: Sua Cravens

-

I think guys like Justin Simmons (Boston College) and Sean Davis (Maryland) are going to rise, but I don't know how high they'll go. I like them better than most of the DB's people rank ahead of them. I disagree with the consensus on this DT group. Outside of Bullard and Rankins, none of the top DT's are good athletes. Bullard would have to be a base DE that kicks inside on passing downs, and I don't want another smallish penetrating DT next to Suh on base downs, so I'd say no thank you to Rankins. There are a lot of big bodies, but Clark and Billings are the only ones who are close to average athletes. Drafting in the first two rounds, I'm looking to improve the quality and athleticism of my team - not reaching for a plug-and-play guy with limited upside.

Round 2 - as it stands today - looks like a good place to pickup a swing tackle with a great frame. The more I look at this draft, the more I think 1) it's pretty weak and 2) the consensus rankings need adjustment.

I don't like the LB's, DE's, or CB's currently ranked in that range. If I didn't go for a swing tackle, I'd probably look to trade down. I don't see much difference between 42 and 200.

I like Ryan kelly

There are a ton of good DTs in this class, and it is our position of LEAST need. No way. You can get a good DT in Rd 4 of this draft if you need one. Which we don't.

Did you watch the Dolphins this year where did you recieve this notion that we don't need a DT, Suh is the only proven player.

1st rnd prospects have been talked up to death, time to move to the 2nd rnd prospects. Not to mention this forum has has been slacking this year.

I'll start: Jonathan Bullard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Xff_dZ304&sns=em

Why is this guy not getting more hype? Big boy can move!

Bullard has the best first step out of all the DTs and I don't think he will make it to the second round

Really like Andrew Billings, that kid strong as heck. Probably too raw for us though since we already have Phillips. Someone is going to get themselves a heck of a talent there though.

Still need to watch Sheldon Day and Kenny Clark. This DT class is something else.

Back
Top Bottom