Lindsay | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lindsay

When emmitt held out on contract for those 2 games his backup ran behind that same o- line and didnt sniff a hundred yds in either game and both games were losses. Jerry paid emmit after the 2nd loss and the wins and 100÷ yd games immediately returned.
Not diminishing Emmitt. But Barry was completely different. Barry led the league in negative run yards a few times if I remember correctly and still managed an average of over 1500 yards rushing. It'll always be Barry for me. But to each his own.

Few and important positives that stood out. First He displays burst of speed, even to get to the outside. He then plays bigger than his size, moves the pile if guys are trying to tackle (very important if we need a first down in short situation.) Finally, he blocks pretty well, and that stood out on that slant to Waddle for the 50 yd gain. I think Tua wouldnt have had the time if he didnt slow the defender. Or it wouldve at least destroyed the timing of the play.

Very impressive if you ask me, on his few snaps he had yesterday. I think we have found our guy and the future is bright for the chemistry with what the offense needs him to do. We might be able to get away with not attaining a big back. As long as he shows the effort and that he wants to stay for the long haul.

Sounds like my wife... :sxy:
John Cena Omg GIF

Not diminishing Emmitt. But Barry was completely different. Barry led the league in negative run yards a few times if I remember correctly and still managed an average of over 1500 yards rushing. It'll always be Barry for me. But to each his own.
Woah I agree Barry had some negative yards but Emmit was a recipient of the best fullback in Moose and the best OLine in ages. Emmit was a hand fed stat collector

Back
Top Bottom