Linehan likes Feeley | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Linehan likes Feeley

SCall13 said:
I've been a Dolphins fan my entire life. And I am both educated in football and in general. Noone knows MORE about Miami than I do. Even if someone is uneducated, stupid, or whatever doesn't have anything to do with their opinion about a certain player. YOU like AJ Feeley and YOU THINK he has potential. Some people think he does not. I happen to think he would/ will/ has made bad decisions even when he had PLENTY of time. Most of the Feeley supporters say our O line improved last year and then turn around, hypocritically blame the line for Feeley's troubles. Then they'll say he threw less INTs in the last 3 games but will dismiss the fact that 2 of those 3 games were against the only two teams in the league that were worse than us. They also fail to recongize that Feeley's yards per completion and yards per attempt were ridiculously low which would play into the reasons why is INT level dropped somewhat. But even in those games, he got away with several bone headed decisions.
It's funny that if a fan doesn't think Feeley is the guy then he must automatically be uneducated. But anyone who knows anything about football, in depth, and not just with rose colored glasses for your pick at QB, it would be easy to see that Feeley simply isn't that good. This team has been wanting an upgrade over Fiedler since Fiedler got here. Well, I'm afraid we got someone who is his equal. What he has in advantages over Fiedler in arm strength, he loses in his immobility and inability to read a defense. If you could put Fiedlers smarts and mobility into Feeley's arm, then we'd have a little better than average QB. Unfortunately, what Feeley is is a backup that everyone wants in there for two reasons: He isn't Fiedler and he threw one decent pass against New England.
But what do we guys know. If we don't think Feeley has it, we must be uneducated.

That's a pretty bold statement to make. I guess there are no coaches that know more than you either. You're just as bad as the Feeley homers. I don't think your posts are uneducated, but they certainly are biased. I'm happy to hear the news about Feeley even though it's just speculation. The jury is still out on A.J., but any positive news shouldn't upset for people. I vouch for Infins, he's not one to make up news and he wouldn't risk ruining his reputation on this board to create discussion.

With all of this Aj and Gus talk if aj wins the job and stays in the whole season what kind of numbers would he have to put up in order stay starter next season? What do u guys think?

AJ_Chambers_TD! said:
With all of this Aj and Gus talk if aj wins the job and stays in the whole season what kind of numbers would he have to put up in order stay starter next season? What do u guys think?

Way too early to tell. While I wish Feeley the best and hope he proves the nay sayers wrong, there is no way I we can say he starts or the numbers he COULD produce. I don't think we would even be able to predict the numbers if he is assigned the starting job through the pre-season schedule. There is just too much that will not be shown(scheme wise) until the season is well under way, IMHO.

Finland said:
I think they call this motivating the players in competition. What else is he going to say?
You may be right, it certainly sounds like positive reinforcement. I'm just wondering why Linehan would say that Feeley was doing very well and they are pleased with where he is at, if in fact they are not pleased with him??

DolFan31 said:
I know this has been said many times, but I personally believe Feeley was given a raw deal.
1. New team, new coaching staff, new system.
2. Age plus some inexperience
3. Split camps w/ JF hurt his progression from the beginning.
4. Wanny loved JF.
5. Terrible Offensive line.
6. Bad Offensive gameplan and calls(Chris Foerester. No explanation needed)
7. Mediocre WR corps, mostly due to some injuries and bad coaching(What was Jerry Sullivan doing?)
8. Bad coaching staff, mostly Wanny.

Im not sure how many QBs, yes even JF, would be able to compete with this kind of choas looming the team.

9. No Healthy running backs or running game.

inFINSible said:
You may be right, it certainly sounds like positive reinforcement. I'm just wondering why Linehan would say that Feeley was doing very well and they are pleased with where he is at, if in fact they are not pleased with him??

He probably is doing well. But just because he is getting better does not mean anything. The motivation will make him work and feel he has a chance, it will also motivate his challenger. Win Win for the coach. the same could be achieved by saying both have a long way to go. The work they are doing no is vital to a good start, especially at QB. He needs them pulling out all the stops in preparation.

Dudeman said:
:lol:

come on now.....you're an admitted Feeley supporter, and there have been so many threads on this already, but you didn't post this to stir up trouble? sure you didn't :tongue:

why would a comment like that stir up trouble? I would think that fans would be pleased if someone other than DW and RS actually thought that Feeley could be an effective starter in this league.

inFINSible said:
:confused:

InFINsible, it (the coaches comments) does not mean anything. He is taking some positive results and motivating from it, so it doesn't mean anything in context of the thread. Sure it is nice he is improving, but he should be and it doesn't mean much on who will be starter, see my thought.

dolphan98 said:
Huh? I thought that's why teams practice. To get better. Maybe there's some other explanation.
See post one back....

bigmiamifan said:
There is a homer around here that for sure :rolleyes:

Anyways, Linehan said last week he liked Feeley. That Feeley does some great things with the ball. Then a min camp report said AJ made some perfect throws, but then had a few bad ones. None of the reports said Gus nailed everything he threw all three days. Wow, by my count, Gus would have to nail everything to be as far ahead of AJ as everyone thought he would be. Since Gus wasn't perfect, and AJ showed signs of being such, it's VERY easy to believe the Linehan said this.

Don't hate, just don't talk.

yeah, I'm a homer because I haven't annointed him on an untouchable thown. :rolleyes:

and I have NEVER said that I hated Feeley, unlike others here. I want the best QB to start. I'm not one to make excuses for any QB on this team, unlike the Feeley supporters here. Whatever happens will happen in camp. The best man will win.

I hear all this talk about potential this and that, but potential doesn't win any games. I'd like Sage to get a true shot at starting, but sitting here wishing for it won't make it happen. Hell, since apparently youth indicates potential in the supporters eyes, Brock should be the starter. :shakeno:

There are way too many people here that say some pretty dumb things. Things like, "We'll be in big trouble if Gus starts. (fins13)" meanwhile, we'd be in a much better position if Feeley starts, even if he doesn't win the job fair and square? Please.....

The Feeley supporters mine through everything they can find to put their wonderboy in a positive light, trying to filter out anything negative. This topic would not have been made if it said that Gus was going to be the starter because he was so far ahead of AJ. And all the homers know it. If the guys on NFL Blitz said that they have every reason to believe Gus would start because of how well he was playing, this report would have gone unmentioned.

Finland said:
InFINsible, it (the coaches comments) does not mean anything. He is taking some positive results and motivating from it, so it doesn't mean anything in context of the thread. Sure it is nice he is improving, but he should be and it doesn't mean much on who will be starter, see my thought.
I don't think that the comment was made for the benefit of Feeley. I think that if Linehan wants to motivate his QBs, he will do that personally, on a one to one level.
I could believe that the comment was made to placate the fans faster than I could buy into the "motivating through the Herald " theory.

Back
Top Bottom