Linehan likes Feeley | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Linehan likes Feeley

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
you are insane. Everytime there is a missed pass or an interception it is always the quarterback's fault

Nice timing with the sarcasim!!! :D

Feeley will be fine - if he is protected and has a running game...

I'm more concerned with the D being able to stop other teams...

inFINSible said:
.I didn't start this thread to argue who is better or who deserves to start....I'm just telling you what I heard....
:)
Well if you want to argue over who's better........:rofl3:

I'd like to see Feeley win the starting job. Whoever has the sig, "Feeley will surprise", I want you to be right. I think it's very possible.

inFINSible said:
Well, that's what some guys were saying on Sirius NFL Blitz this afternoon.

I never heard who it was but they were in the studio and they were talking about the "soap opera" going on in the Miami QB "competition". They said the Frerotte was brought in to be the veteran back-up and Linehan was happy to have him and was hoping he might win the starting job. Saban even said that Frerotte may have an advantage due to his familiarity with the system but, and I quote" After the recent mini camps, the word out of Miami is that Linehan is very happy with what he has found in Feeley and thinks he has the talent to win the starting job"....They said that they expected Frerotte to be much further ahead of Feeley than what he was at the camps. Supposedly the "competition" has swung to Feeley's favor.

I didn't start this thread to argue who is better or who deserves to start....I'm just telling you what I heard....Sorry, I don't know who was saying this but, what I reported is honest and accurate....take it for what it's worth.

If anybody else heard this, I'd appreciate the support. :)

I didn't hear it, but I believe it. :tongue:

wasn't feeling only hitting on something like 4 of 12 pass attempts while Ferrote hit 8 of 11 in the open training camp one day? How "far" along would anyone say Feeley has come? Embracing a system and trying to learn it is one thing....and I'm sure his knowledge of what Linehan is trying to do has increased. However, the old adage about AJ being a "game" QB and not a "practice" QB is still holding true (although his "game" ability didn't seem to be any better then his practice drills last season). Thus far....his ability in practice hasn't improved.....do you think his "game" ability has?

inFINSible said:
Well, that's what some guys were saying on Sirius NFL Blitz this afternoon.

I never heard who it was but they were in the studio and they were talking about the "soap opera" going on in the Miami QB "competition". They said the Frerotte was brought in to be the veteran back-up and Linehan was happy to have him and was hoping he might win the starting job. Saban even said that Frerotte may have an advantage due to his familiarity with the system but, and I quote" After the recent mini camps, the word out of Miami is that Linehan is very happy with what he has found in Feeley and thinks he has the talent to win the starting job"....They said that they expected Frerotte to be much further ahead of Feeley than what he was at the camps. Supposedly the "competition" has swung to Feeley's favor.

I didn't start this thread to argue who is better or who deserves to start....I'm just telling you what I heard....Sorry, I don't know who was saying this but, what I reported is honest and accurate....take it for what it's worth.

If anybody else heard this, I'd appreciate the support. :)

AJ will win the job. Gus is backing him up, just like we got him for. I think AJ will be fine, but I also think he will be pretty good, never close to what we are used to. (not Fiedler either)

feelthepain said:
The reason I choose the word uneducated is if you know anything about football and you understand what this team went through and you still believe AJ's to blame for what took place last year and the five years leading up to the climactic down fall of one Wanny the mustache man then you are indeed uneducated or a Bias Jill/Jet/ or Patsy fan it's that simple.

Let me ask you a question, are you a fan of the Miami Dolphins or do you talk like your a big fan and then when Sunday rolls around one can find you working in the yard or napping while the game is on and you wake up or walk in the room in just as the highlights come on? Seriously, because I know AJ is no Dan the man or the next Joe Montana. But what I do know is that since AJ has enterd the league he's been a backup to McNabb and a backup to Fiedler does this mean he should stay a backup??? I don't think so. Now McNabb I could understand, as I'm sure you the knowledgable fin fan you say you are you can too. But he comes to Miami via a trade made by first year GM Rick Speilmen. And from day one Wanny doesn't give the guy a fair shot...that is a fact not my opinion. Fiedler then gets 75% of the work and snaps in camp and preseason then starts the season with perhaps the worst performance by a starting QB in the history of the league on opening day , a QB rating of I think 7!!!

Ricky has quit, D.Bo our big preseason acquisition blows out his knee. The entire Oline has been reworked including a rookie LT. We have a rookie OC. We are basicly running Wannys vaunted high power O. And you have come to the conclusion that all of the things above have no bearing on AJ's performance???

You wonder why I use the word uneducated to decribe some fans, well if you think AJ can be judged by facts above then yes you are uneducated because what could you possibly be bias about??? Fiedler??? If Fiedlers five year unspactacular run makes you believe he should have kept his job then please tell me how many deep completions Fiedler had during his rein as Dolphins QB, he couldn't even complete a pass to a WR , TE or RB that was just 20 yrds away without putting the reciever in a compromising position with his poorly placed passes. if you are not a Fiedler fan then you are clearly uneductaed thats the only remaining conclusion.

Look this has been the most inept O in the league the last five years and the sad part is the talent to play some pretty damn good O football has been here. When I said look at the big picture you still focused on only AJ's mistakes in your rebuttal. You mention nothing of the blocking schemes, you mention nothing of the rookie OC you mention nothing about the effect Ricky and Davids losses had on the mindset of the team and even though T.Bo and L.Chester weren't on the O there losses hurt the already low moral of the team. You mention nothing of the worst hurricane season to hit the Florida panhandle in years. But like I said before you do focus on AJ's mistake who BTW, AJ was only in his first season as a starter for the Fins and the pretty impressive list of things going wrong all at once. But do you recognize it, do you agree with it, do you understand it??? Obviously not if you think AJ's perfromance was purley devoid of talent.

What kind of fan looks at a player thats not even given a fair shot and then hates the player or thinks everything is that players fault??? You're supposed to support your team you don't have to be a homer, but you have to be objective. I certinly hope you give Saban and Ronnie a little more rope in which to hang themselves with the you did AJ because if not then who do you propose we start at QB next year, Peyton Manning?? I guess you won't settle for anything less then BB as the HC either right?? This seems to me to be your logic in determining success you either put up earth shattering numbers or don't bother coming to south beach. I hope for your childrens sake you don't take this same demanding philosophical approach or they could have a very unhappy childhood.

Nice post.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
you are insane. Everytime there is a missed pass or an interception it is always the quarterback's fault
I know, I lost my narrow mind for a second.

adamprez2003 said:
thx for the post. As for the Feeley bashers, anyone who is quoted as saying anything positive about Feeley is obviously delusional. They refuse to believe that Feeley can beat out a quarterback with a career QB rating of 75.

What I found interesting in your description of the report was that Frerotte was brought in as a backup, even though Linehan was hoping Frerotte would win the starting job. I had a ton of arguments about that very fact with Feeley bashers. Frerotte is the fallback position if Feeley fails. The good news is that so far it looks like he's doing enough to impress which means he's improving from last year. I can't wait for preseason
Yeah, it is interesting that Saban said we are going to find an experienced back-up that hopefully knows our system, and then we sign Frerotte.

Exactly what he described.

The only people who truly believe that Frerotte was brought in to be the starter, are Gus, and some people on this board. Everyone else knows that Feeley is in the drivers seat as long as he doesn't crash us into a wall.

May the best performing QB start.. No if's and's or but's.. Period.. End of story...

Whether it's AJ or Gus, he is starting because he's the best person to start. Why be disappointed if "your guy" doesn't get the starting job?

inFINSible said:
Yeah, it is interesting that Saban said we are going to find an experienced back-up that hopefully knows our system, and then we sign Frerotte.

Exactly what he described.

The only people who truly believe that Frerotte was brought in to be the starter, are Gus, and some people on this board. Everyone else knows that Feeley is in the drivers seat as long as he doesn't crash us into a wall.

Which is bound to happen in my mind. I do not think either one of these guys is the long term answere. I think it is Drew Brees.

Back
Top Bottom