Linehan likes Feeley | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Linehan likes Feeley

Dudeman said:
The Feeley supporters mine through everything they can find to put their wonderboy in a positive light, trying to filter out anything negative. This topic would not have been made if it said that Gus was going to be the starter because he was so far ahead of AJ. And all the homers know it. If the guys on NFL Blitz said that they have every reason to believe Gus would start because of how well he was playing, this report would have gone unmentioned.

I don't think that's what Infins was trying to do here. I've read a lot of his posts and he tends to think before he types. He heard some positive things on the radio and decided to share them with us. Take it for what it's worth. It's nice to actually hear something positive about this team for a change. For all we know, Linehan could be completely happy and confident with Feeley.

SCall13 said:
I've been a Dolphins fan my entire life. And I am both educated in football and in general. Noone knows MORE about Miami than I do. Even if someone is uneducated, stupid, or whatever doesn't have anything to do with their opinion about a certain player. YOU like AJ Feeley and YOU THINK he has potential. Some people think he does not. I happen to think he would/ will/ has made bad decisions even when he had PLENTY of time. Most of the Feeley supporters say our O line improved last year and then turn around, hypocritically blame the line for Feeley's troubles. Then they'll say he threw less INTs in the last 3 games but will dismiss the fact that 2 of those 3 games were against the only two teams in the league that were worse than us. They also fail to recongize that Feeley's yards per completion and yards per attempt were ridiculously low which would play into the reasons why is INT level dropped somewhat. But even in those games, he got away with several bone headed decisions.
It's funny that if a fan doesn't think Feeley is the guy then he must automatically be uneducated. But anyone who knows anything about football, in depth, and not just with rose colored glasses for your pick at QB, it would be easy to see that Feeley simply isn't that good. This team has been wanting an upgrade over Fiedler since Fiedler got here. Well, I'm afraid we got someone who is his equal. What he has in advantages over Fiedler in arm strength, he loses in his immobility and inability to read a defense. If you could put Fiedlers smarts and mobility into Feeley's arm, then we'd have a little better than average QB. Unfortunately, what Feeley is is a backup that everyone wants in there for two reasons: He isn't Fiedler and he threw one decent pass against New England.
But what do we guys know. If we don't think Feeley has it, we must be uneducated.

Your stating a case for Fiedler? Didn't he suck worse then AJ last year? Given the situation of last year, even Dan the Man would have had trouble Qb last years team. He would not have thrown the int's the other two threw because he would have ate the ball instead of throwing it up for grabs. I really do not see your point. Are you saying that you hate AJ and anything positive about him is a lie or do you want Fiedler back because he is smart enough to make the same mistakes as AJ even though he was the veteran. What is your point?

Dudeman said:
yeah, I'm a homer because I haven't annointed him on an untouchable thown. :rolleyes:

and I have NEVER said that I hated Feeley, unlike others here. I want the best QB to start. I'm not one to make excuses for any QB on this team, unlike the Feeley supporters here. Whatever happens will happen in camp. The best man will win.

I hear all this talk about potential this and that, but potential doesn't win any games. I'd like Sage to get a true shot at starting, but sitting here wishing for it won't make it happen. Hell, since apparently youth indicates potential in the supporters eyes, Brock should be the starter. :shakeno:

There are way too many people here that say some pretty dumb things. Things like, "We'll be in big trouble if Gus starts. (fins13)" meanwhile, we'd be in a much better position if Feeley starts, even if he doesn't win the job fair and square? Please.....

The Feeley supporters mine through everything they can find to put their wonderboy in a positive light, trying to filter out anything negative. This topic would not have been made if it said that Gus was going to be the starter because he was so far ahead of AJ. And all the homers know it. If the guys on NFL Blitz said that they have every reason to believe Gus would start because of how well he was playing, this report would have gone unmentioned.

Actually, I resent that implication. But, I'm not going to defend myself to you.

I have many friends on here that know what I'm about.
You don't have a clue what I'm about.
I'll just leave it at that.

inFINSible said:
Well, that's what some guys were saying on Sirius NFL Blitz this afternoon.

I never heard who it was but they were in the studio and they were talking about the "soap opera" going on in the Miami QB "competition". They said the Frerotte was brought in to be the veteran back-up and Linehan was happy to have him and was hoping he might win the starting job. Saban even said that Frerotte may have an advantage due to his familiarity with the system but, and I quote" After the recent mini camps, the word out of Miami is that Linehan is very happy with what he has found in Feeley and thinks he has the talent to win the starting job"....They said that they expected Frerotte to be much further ahead of Feeley than what he was at the camps. Supposedly the "competition" has swung to Feeley's favor.

I didn't start this thread to argue who is better or who deserves to start....I'm just telling you what I heard....Sorry, I don't know who was saying this but, what I reported is honest and accurate....take it for what it's worth.

If anybody else heard this, I'd appreciate the support. :)

Well, if it's true it is good news. We need Feeley to be good enough to start. He's the only chance at a QB for the future that we have. Otherwise, back to the drawing/drafting board next year and another pick burned. Wouldn't it be nice if he started and improved this year?

dolphan north said:
Well, if it's true it is good news. We need Feeley to be good enough to start. He's the only chance at a QB for the future that we have. Otherwise, back to the drawing/drafting board next year and another pick burned. Wouldn't it be nice if he started and improved this year?
Well, it is true, that's what was said on the show. And I think it would be great if he started and improved this year. :)

Is it just me, or are there ALOT of people here that really want Feeley to fail, hence wanting the Dolphins to fail.
Anyone that knows me, knows I am/was not a Feidler fan. But NEVER did I want him to fail. I wanted him to do well so that the Dolphins would do well. I desperately wanting Feidler to stop sucking.
InFINS is right, this is positive news and should make REAL Dolphins fan happy.

pigskinguy said:
Is it just me, or are there ALOT of people here that really want Feeley to fail, hence wanting the Dolphins to fail.
Anyone that knows me, knows I am/was not a Feidler fan. But NEVER did I want him to fail. I wanted him to do well so that the Dolphins would do well. I desperately wanting Feidler to stop sucking.

We don't want him to fail, we just don't see all that much in him.......

pigskinguy said:

I don't want him to fail, but I'm still not convinced he's the answer. It's not about being right or wrong - I really hope he does prove me wrong because it's better for the team. He just made so many bad plays last year that it's hard to picture him being a solid QB.

yea, I think Feeleys talent is obvious. Fiedler had balls but little talent, Feeley is a better QB because he has both. I think the main problem is that most Dolphin fans are just still in love with Marino and cant let him go. Whats funny is that most people who are against Feeley are people who supported the Ronnie Brown pick at #2. When this past draft was probably our best chance to get a top pedigree QB in Alex Smith, yet hardly anyone from what I read wouldve supported a trade up to get an elite QB. I think everyone whos a fin fan should atleast hope that Feeley beats out Ferrotte because whether you like it or not the Ronnie Brown pick made Feeley our only QB with a possible future on this team. But thats just my opinion, I could be wrong.

thx for the post. As for the Feeley bashers, anyone who is quoted as saying anything positive about Feeley is obviously delusional. They refuse to believe that Feeley can beat out a quarterback with a career QB rating of 75.

What I found interesting in your description of the report was that Frerotte was brought in as a backup, even though Linehan was hoping Frerotte would win the starting job. I had a ton of arguments about that very fact with Feeley bashers. Frerotte is the fallback position if Feeley fails. The good news is that so far it looks like he's doing enough to impress which means he's improving from last year. I can't wait for preseason

pigskinguy said:

Yeah, I didn't understand that either... Call me a homer if you want but I want the Dolphins to play well so I'm backing my qb...

inFINSible said:
Well, the fact of the matter is that no one really knows what they were working on or why passes hit the ground at mini camp. The variables are almost immeasurable when you think about the fact that EVERY player is learning a new offense, just being where you're supposed to be and doing what you're supposed to be doing is on everyone's mind, not just playing the game. I guess they saw things in Feeley that they liked and were impressed with. I mean, if you really want to take an optimistic view of things maybe Feeley was making good decsions on where to go with the ball but didn't have the timing of the new routes synched with his receivers. :)

you are insane. Everytime there is a missed pass or an interception it is always the quarterback's fault

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
you are insane. Everytime there is a missed pass or an interception it is always the quarterback's fault

Not true. If the receiver breaks the wrong way or makes a bad read, it's the receivers fault. The pro game unlike the college game is all about timing. At least 20% of the time the qb is getting rid of the ball before the receiver makes his break

inFINSible said:
I don't think that the comment was made for the benefit of Feeley. I think that if Linehan wants to motivate his QBs, he will do that personally, on a one to one level.
I could believe that the comment was made to placate the fans faster than I could buy into the "motivating through the Herald " theory.

You are likely more right than wrong, however many coaches make comments in the media for that reason, for example The Tuna when he was in New England.

SCall13 said:
I've been a Dolphins fan my entire life. And I am both educated in football and in general. Noone knows MORE about Miami than I do. Even if someone is uneducated, stupid, or whatever doesn't have anything to do with their opinion about a certain player. YOU like AJ Feeley and YOU THINK he has potential. Some people think he does not. I happen to think he would/ will/ has made bad decisions even when he had PLENTY of time. Most of the Feeley supporters say our O line improved last year and then turn around, hypocritically blame the line for Feeley's troubles. Then they'll say he threw less INTs in the last 3 games but will dismiss the fact that 2 of those 3 games were against the only two teams in the league that were worse than us. They also fail to recongize that Feeley's yards per completion and yards per attempt were ridiculously low which would play into the reasons why is INT level dropped somewhat. But even in those games, he got away with several bone headed decisions.
It's funny that if a fan doesn't think Feeley is the guy then he must automatically be uneducated. But anyone who knows anything about football, in depth, and not just with rose colored glasses for your pick at QB, it would be easy to see that Feeley simply isn't that good. This team has been wanting an upgrade over Fiedler since Fiedler got here. Well, I'm afraid we got someone who is his equal. What he has in advantages over Fiedler in arm strength, he loses in his immobility and inability to read a defense. If you could put Fiedlers smarts and mobility into Feeley's arm, then we'd have a little better than average QB. Unfortunately, what Feeley is is a backup that everyone wants in there for two reasons: He isn't Fiedler and he threw one decent pass against New England.
But what do we guys know. If we don't think Feeley has it, we must be uneducated.

The reason I choose the word uneducated is if you know anything about football and you understand what this team went through and you still believe AJ's to blame for what took place last year and the five years leading up to the climactic down fall of one Wanny the mustache man then you are indeed uneducated or a Bias Jill/Jet/ or Patsy fan it's that simple.

Let me ask you a question, are you a fan of the Miami Dolphins or do you talk like your a big fan and then when Sunday rolls around one can find you working in the yard or napping while the game is on and you wake up or walk in the room in just as the highlights come on? Seriously, because I know AJ is no Dan the man or the next Joe Montana. But what I do know is that since AJ has enterd the league he's been a backup to McNabb and a backup to Fiedler does this mean he should stay a backup??? I don't think so. Now McNabb I could understand, as I'm sure you the knowledgable fin fan you say you are you can too. But he comes to Miami via a trade made by first year GM Rick Speilmen. And from day one Wanny doesn't give the guy a fair shot...that is a fact not my opinion. Fiedler then gets 75% of the work and snaps in camp and preseason then starts the season with perhaps the worst performance by a starting QB in the history of the league on opening day , a QB rating of I think 7!!!

Ricky has quit, D.Bo our big preseason acquisition blows out his knee. The entire Oline has been reworked including a rookie LT. We have a rookie OC. We are basicly running Wannys vaunted high power O. And you have come to the conclusion that all of the things above have no bearing on AJ's performance???

You wonder why I use the word uneducated to decribe some fans, well if you think AJ can be judged by facts above then yes you are uneducated because what could you possibly be bias about??? Fiedler??? If Fiedlers five year unspactacular run makes you believe he should have kept his job then please tell me how many deep completions Fiedler had during his rein as Dolphins QB, he couldn't even complete a pass to a WR , TE or RB that was just 20 yrds away without putting the reciever in a compromising position with his poorly placed passes. if you are not a Fiedler fan then you are clearly uneductaed thats the only remaining conclusion.

Look this has been the most inept O in the league the last five years and the sad part is the talent to play some pretty damn good O football has been here. When I said look at the big picture you still focused on only AJ's mistakes in your rebuttal. You mention nothing of the blocking schemes, you mention nothing of the rookie OC you mention nothing about the effect Ricky and Davids losses had on the mindset of the team and even though T.Bo and L.Chester weren't on the O there losses hurt the already low moral of the team. You mention nothing of the worst hurricane season to hit the Florida panhandle in years. But like I said before you do focus on AJ's mistake who BTW, AJ was only in his first season as a starter for the Fins and the pretty impressive list of things going wrong all at once. But do you recognize it, do you agree with it, do you understand it??? Obviously not if you think AJ's perfromance was purley devoid of talent.

What kind of fan looks at a player thats not even given a fair shot and then hates the player or thinks everything is that players fault??? You're supposed to support your team you don't have to be a homer, but you have to be objective. I certinly hope you give Saban and Ronnie a little more rope in which to hang themselves with the you did AJ because if not then who do you propose we start at QB next year, Peyton Manning?? I guess you won't settle for anything less then BB as the HC either right?? This seems to me to be your logic in determining success you either put up earth shattering numbers or don't bother coming to south beach. I hope for your childrens sake you don't take this same demanding philosophical approach or they could have a very unhappy childhood.

Back
Top Bottom