Linehan likes Feeley | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Linehan likes Feeley

Sal Lisitano said:
No :shakeno:
I'm in your head. Your actions prove that. I'm almost sure, the first thing you do is search for my posts when you log on to FH . :mad:

I am a Feeley homer! Not because I love the guy, but I want him to be great because that is what will help the Dolphins the most. I would like to be drafting a franchise LT in next year's draft instead of a QB.

Justasportsfan said:
I'm in your head. Your actions prove that. I'm almost sure, the first thing you do is search for my posts when you log on to FH . :mad:

Actually....you should check the thread...i posted than you showed up...so who's following who around? that would be you!!! :mad:

Go Fins!!!

outlawd2u said:
There is more to evaluating a QB than his numbers that is definitely true!!! But the thing is, I watched Feeley play EVERY game last year, and YES he was put into a bad situation, but he played poorly even when he wasn't under pressure. Watching the guy play you saw no poise in the pocket, he stared down his WR's, he made horrible decisions under pressure, and when he wasn't under pressure. Now I will admit, these are all things that could be fixed, but he's too old and been in the league for too long to keep making excuses for him for too much longer. If he wins the job this year then fine........ I'll be confident that he's the best man for the job because I truly believe that Saban is going to play the guy that SHOULD BE PLAYING rather than when Wannstedt would just play whoever he liked for personal reasons or because of pressure from the fans and media. I really don't see what all the fuss is about though with the QB's this season............. If Feeley is our starter then FINE, if it's Gus then FINE. If Feeley starts then you will know he has much improved from last season, and if it's Gus then you should know that Gus is a much better player than AJ.........Either way it's a great situation!!!

I'm just wondering what you will believe if Feeley plays to his abilitys, not a probowl type of season but one in which he simply does his part. Will you come back and say "I knew he was a good QB all along" or will you say "hey, we still need a QB next year". I don't understand some fans logic, to say Feeley played poorly and not mention the other players performance has to be a bias against an indavidual. It angers me that I should have to defend a guy that is not my favorite player. But in order to wake people up, one has to state the obvious time after time. Why can't people just accept the fact that what happend last year was a culmination of poor coaching, untimely injurys bad breaks and bad luck. Yet some here see what they want to see. This is a clear indicator of a fan thats bias and refuse to accept the facts, plain and simple.

Some people just dislike Feeley, what can you do. But for the rest of the fans here that understand the game and don't look to place blame on the players we dislike have to deal with the bias remarks made to the players on this team. I don't owe AJ anything and I'm not his protector, but I know for a fact he was not put into a good situation. I'll bet a million dollars Saban and Linehan don't think AJ is to blame for his performance last year or AJ would have been replaced. Don't believe it?? How many coaches are left from last years squad?? Heres a better question, how many O coaches are left from last year?? By the fact that Saban has put together a coaching staff that rivals any in the league as stated by Houck and Linehan should tell you all you need to know as to the reasons for such a poor season last year.

Houck said When I saw a chance to come to a situation with probably the best owner in the league and a chance to work with coach Saban I couldn't believe the opporitunity was there and I grabed it. He also went on to say that Saban is a hell of a football coach and he is in charge and thats the way it should be. Linehan said he has never work with a better coaching staff in his whole carrer then the one Saban has in place in Miami. Pretty impressive remarks from two guys so respected in the league.

Whats does this mean?? Well I would think some people should hold their opinions till Saban and staff has had a chance to work with the talent in place.

Sal Lisitano said:
Actually....you should check the thread...i posted than you showed up...so who's following who around? that would be you!!! :mad:

Go Fins!!!
I didn't post a single thing on this thread until you mentioned my name. So why were you thinking about me?

I'll be happy to sign my autograph as long as it isn't on anything that has a Dolphin thing on it. :lol:

Justasportsfan said:
I didn't post a single thing on this thread until you mentioned my name. So why were you thinking about me?

I'll be happy to sign my autograph as long as it isn't on anything that has a Dolphin thing on it. :lol:

b/c it was only a matter of time before you would post... :shakeno: how could you even think Feeley can be good? :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

so i did it for you :lol:

Go Fins!!!

Justasportsfan said:

Damn, I was going to have you sign my Marino jersey right next to Danny's signature :cool:

Sal Lisitano said:
b/c it was only a matter of time before you would post... :shakeno: how could you even think Feeley can be good? :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

so i did it for you :lol:

Go Fins!!!
I don't post on every Feeley thread in case you didn't notice. Don't go telling me it was a matter of time before I post in that thread because unless you are a Ms. Cleo wannabe, I wasn't. I read that thread before you called me out.

Admit it, you are a fan of my work.

SCall13 said:
With all the reports coming out of camp about how badly Feeley was doing, I find this EXTREMELY difficult to believe.

I have no dog in the fight ... but I agree with your point. This report is meaningless, imo. People make so much out of this stuff, but the fact is that these guys are likely repeating in their own words, with their own spin, the stuff that Linehan said already - which was just political correctness.

Linehan also said that they didn't have Gus running any of the stuff he already knew, but new stuff. So, of course, he's going to struggle. The NFL guys simply do not know jack when it comes to legitimate inside info.

Pasquarelli, regardless of what one thinks of his opinions, is going to have genuine inside info on the NFL.

zachseau13 said:
Damn, I was going to have you sign my Marino jersey right next to Danny's signature :cool:
Make it a Cecil Collins Jersey and I'll sign it. ;) I'm pretty sure Sal will offer you a ton for it :up:

Justasportsfan said:
I don't post on every Feeley thread in case you didn't notice. Don't go telling me it was a matter of time before I post in that thread because unless you are a Ms. Cleo wannabe, I wasn't. I read that thread before you called me out.

no...your work is $hit...oh and you should check yourself first before you call others Ms. Cleo...if i remember correctly...yesterday...you said that mcintosh is no good because Houck didn't keep him in San Diego...Mr. Charges GM up in here...huh!!! so you're the one that sounds like Ms. Cleo...and yes it was only a matter of time before you would show up to post something negative about a positive thread on a FINS MESSAGE BOARD...remember a fins message board...oh yes and it was only a matter of time before you would post this :shakeno: ....and it was only a matter of time before you would come here and use that phrase about "talking off your orange and teal" colored glasses. don't be upset...just because you know very well that you would have tried to shoot down InFins thread...and called us all homers!!!

Go Fins!!!

Justasportsfan said:
Make it a Cecil Collins Jersey and I'll sign it. ;) I'm pretty sure Sal will offer you a ton for it :up:

wow you're really funny...you fing moron!!! you can put it right next to your O.J. jersey... :lol:

Go Fins!!!

feelthepain said:
The reason I choose the word uneducated is if you know anything about football and you understand what this team went through and you still believe AJ's to blame for what took place last year and the five years leading up to the climactic down fall of one Wanny the mustache man then you are indeed uneducated or a Bias Jill/Jet/ or Patsy fan it's that simple.

Let me ask you a question, are you a fan of the Miami Dolphins or do you talk like your a big fan and then when Sunday rolls around one can find you working in the yard or napping while the game is on and you wake up or walk in the room in just as the highlights come on? Seriously, because I know AJ is no Dan the man or the next Joe Montana. But what I do know is that since AJ has enterd the league he's been a backup to McNabb and a backup to Fiedler does this mean he should stay a backup??? I don't think so. Now McNabb I could understand, as I'm sure you the knowledgable fin fan you say you are you can too. But he comes to Miami via a trade made by first year GM Rick Speilmen. And from day one Wanny doesn't give the guy a fair shot...that is a fact not my opinion. Fiedler then gets 75% of the work and snaps in camp and preseason then starts the season with perhaps the worst performance by a starting QB in the history of the league on opening day , a QB rating of I think 7!!!

Ricky has quit, D.Bo our big preseason acquisition blows out his knee. The entire Oline has been reworked including a rookie LT. We have a rookie OC. We are basicly running Wannys vaunted high power O. And you have come to the conclusion that all of the things above have no bearing on AJ's performance???

You wonder why I use the word uneducated to decribe some fans, well if you think AJ can be judged by facts above then yes you are uneducated because what could you possibly be bias about??? Fiedler??? If Fiedlers five year unspactacular run makes you believe he should have kept his job then please tell me how many deep completions Fiedler had during his rein as Dolphins QB, he couldn't even complete a pass to a WR , TE or RB that was just 20 yrds away without putting the reciever in a compromising position with his poorly placed passes. if you are not a Fiedler fan then you are clearly uneductaed thats the only remaining conclusion.

Look this has been the most inept O in the league the last five years and the sad part is the talent to play some pretty damn good O football has been here. When I said look at the big picture you still focused on only AJ's mistakes in your rebuttal. You mention nothing of the blocking schemes, you mention nothing of the rookie OC you mention nothing about the effect Ricky and Davids losses had on the mindset of the team and even though T.Bo and L.Chester weren't on the O there losses hurt the already low moral of the team. You mention nothing of the worst hurricane season to hit the Florida panhandle in years. But like I said before you do focus on AJ's mistake who BTW, AJ was only in his first season as a starter for the Fins and the pretty impressive list of things going wrong all at once. But do you recognize it, do you agree with it, do you understand it??? Obviously not if you think AJ's perfromance was purley devoid of talent.

What kind of fan looks at a player thats not even given a fair shot and then hates the player or thinks everything is that players fault??? You're supposed to support your team you don't have to be a homer, but you have to be objective. I certinly hope you give Saban and Ronnie a little more rope in which to hang themselves with the you did AJ because if not then who do you propose we start at QB next year, Peyton Manning?? I guess you won't settle for anything less then BB as the HC either right?? This seems to me to be your logic in determining success you either put up earth shattering numbers or don't bother coming to south beach. I hope for your childrens sake you don't take this same demanding philosophical approach or they could have a very unhappy childhood.

I have never missed a televised Dolphins game. And now that I have Sunday ticket, I never miss one at all. So no I don't just talk about just being a Dolphins fan. That was a useless comment to make. I wouldn't be going out on a limb to say that 95% of the people on this site don't miss a Dolphins game unless it's absolutely and emergency situation.
I love how people take what you write and try like hell to reword it as neccasary to make you look like you said something you didn't say. There are alot of people on here that are like that- particualrly AJ huggers. What I posted was simple: AJ is no better than Fiedler. Everyone who likes AJ uses the argument that he has a stronger arm than Jay. I say SO WHAT? Jay was more mobile than AJ. So one skill can offset the other in some ways. Personally, I would like to have a stronger armed QB, but when his other limitations render his stronger arm useless, then what good does it do? Feeley is not good. I would love to see him do well and prove me wrong. It isn't going to happen. Gus will be starting. I may be wrong about that too, but it's my OPINION. You have yours and I have mine. If AJ can't beat out Gus, then I hope you guys stop making excuses for him. AJ huggers have made every excuse possible and then turn around contradict themselves. Example: "AJ can't be judged by his performance because our O-line stunk and we had no running game." Then the same person will say: "Our O-line really made strides after Bates took over. Sammy Morris ran well. He averaged more yards per carry than Williams did last year. Sammy averaged 4 YPC."
It's total contradiction. Use the excuse when it comes to Feeley, then say thier was improvement in these areas. You can't have it both ways. It's BS.
I don't blame everything on Feeley like you suggest. I don't hate any player. But I can see his limitations and he has many. You can be an avid, die hard fan and still be realistic. I am. I am as optimistic as anyone, but I must be more realistic than alot too. I WANT Feeley to succeed. I just don't see it happening. He played behind a very good line with the Eagles and played very average. He played behind a bad line last year that IMPROVED when Jim Bates took over. They were playing ALOT better as the year went on. But Feeley's play didn't dramatically improve. I didn't really improve much at all. he just made less mistakes by taking fewer chances. HOW? By throwing the ball to the dump off guy over and over and over - occasionally hitting one downfield.
It's funny: You and most of the AJ supporters probably hated Feidler. I know I didn't like him. But I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon of a QB just because he isn't Fiedler. I'm realisitic enough to know that Feeley has a lot of limitations. They may not be the same ones as Fiedler. But they are still limitations.

LMAO that you brought my children into this. That's a bit personal don't you think? And desperate. Unbelievable.
AS for the earth shattering numbers: Nope i don not expect another Marino. Look at Jake Delhomme, Tom Brady - these guys numbers aren't mind blowing, but they are SMART, the can read a defense, they don't make mistakes over and over and over, they show confidence, they show leadership. (Now someone will say "look at the leadership Feeley showed by playing hurt"- I say SO WHAT? All players play hurt. Football is a tough sport. You think Zach or JT or Chambers cared that Feeley played with a bruised butt? No -they expected it. Because they have played throguh worse. I know I played through plenty of injuries when i played. Did you? Your team mates appreciate it but that's about as far as it goes.)

As for Ronnie and Saban: Ronnie has yet to even suit up for Miami. So noone knows for sure how he'll do. My guess is he'll do well. BECAUSE HE HAS TALENT AND ATHLETIC ABILITY. AS for Saban, I know a good coach when I see one. He appears to be a good coach to me. But again, noone knows. If after 3 years there is no marked improvement, then we can all start to be concerned. I persoanlly don't think it will take that long.

The argument in this post has nothing to do with Boston, Ricky, our offensive coordinator, etc. It was about AJ Feeley and Linehan's feelings about him. Why would I go into depth about something that has nothing to do with what this thread is about or what i was talking about. That's the problem with some people: they can't win an argument with facts, so they drag anything they can into it to make thier argument look significant. But the fact is, for the ones that are paying attention through the thread, they will see that you (or whoever) are reaching for anything possible to grasp to. Or, more likely, they see the side of the argument they want to see. To heck with the facts or the reasoning. You believe what you want to believe and see what you want to see. Everyone has their own interpretation of things. Mine happens to be that Feeley isn't good and the only way he is here after this season is if he is making less money and holding a clipboard. That is my opinion - that is my views on things. Yours is different. So be it. We'll find out when the season starts. Until then, I'm done with the boring, tired, old Feeley argument. I stick by my opinion.

Justasportsfan said:

11,286 post on Finheaven leads one to believe that it will only be a matter of time before you do get around to every Feely post. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom