Linehan likes Feeley | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Linehan likes Feeley

dolphan98 said:
That's a pretty bold statement to make. I guess there are no coaches that know more than you either. You're just as bad as the Feeley homers. I don't think your posts are uneducated, but they certainly are biased. I'm happy to hear the news about Feeley even though it's just speculation. The jury is still out on A.J., but any positive news shouldn't upset for people. I vouch for Infins, he's not one to make up news and he wouldn't risk ruining his reputation on this board to create discussion.

I'm not arguing with Infins, I'm arguing with the story. All it boils down to is that story conflicts with various reports I've heard and read out of the mini camp. If AJ is doing better, good for him - good for us. It just contradicts alot of other reports.

Waterboy said:
Your stating a case for Fiedler? Didn't he suck worse then AJ last year? Given the situation of last year, even Dan the Man would have had trouble Qb last years team. He would not have thrown the int's the other two threw because he would have ate the ball instead of throwing it up for grabs. I really do not see your point. Are you saying that you hate AJ and anything positive about him is a lie or do you want Fiedler back because he is smart enough to make the same mistakes as AJ even though he was the veteran. What is your point?

It isn't hard to see my point. You're looking for a reason to push the argument. My POINT is, and this is my opiniion, THAT they both sucked and for thier own reasons. Feeley isn't an upgrade. He is just better at some things than Fiedler and Fiedler was better than AJ at some things. But neither are good QBs, IMO. Put their skills together and you have a decent QB. But neither of them can stand alone on the skills the possess. I just don't think either one of them are starting caliber QBs. What's so hard to understand about that? If you can't see that i was saying that in my original post, then you have terrible reading comprehension skills.

SCall13 said:
I'm not arguing with Infins, I'm arguing with the story. All it boils down to is that story conflicts with various reports I've heard and read out of the mini camp. If AJ is doing better, good for him - good for us. It just contradicts alot of other reports.
What it doesn't contradict, is what Linehan said.

There was one instance with Ozzy reporting something that Frerotte did, when in actuality it was Feeley. Now, I'm not meaning this as a slight against Ozzy, we all know he's been going to camps forever and is probably the best camp reporter we have but, the fact is, even he doesn't know exactly what the coaches are watching for on each and every play. No one does. So if somebody says such and such blew chunks today, it really doesn't mean anything, just like If they said so and so had a specatcular day. It doesn't mean anything because they don't really know any of the circumstances or objectives surrounding a good play or a bad play....never mind that everybody on the field is learning a new system.

Add in personal bias and you have a recipe for misinformation.

Linehan said that Feeley was doing great, better than they expected, and they want him to continue to improve.....Even if that is just a motivational tactic, it's underlying of truth is easily apparent. Linehan is not going to praise him for being ahead of the curve and say he just needs to continue what he's doing, if in fact he's not doing what they want him to do. If he isn't up to speed or where he should be at this point, Linehan is not going to say "just keep doing what you've been doing".

The bottomline is Linehan has publicly praised Feeley, and some guys on NFL Blitz, who may or may not know anything more than we do, have said that Linehan has warmed up to AJ and sees a possible starter in the player.

This is good news whether you want to enjoy it or not.

SCall13 said:
With all the reports coming out of camp about how badly Feeley was doing, I find this EXTREMELY difficult to believe.

What reports? You mean the fans who were in attendance at the practices...the same fans that are going to complain about the QB no matter who it is. Unless of course #13 gives it another go.

inFINSible said:
Well, that's what some guys were saying on Sirius NFL Blitz this afternoon.

I never heard who it was but they were in the studio and they were talking about the "soap opera" going on in the Miami QB "competition". They said the Frerotte was brought in to be the veteran back-up and Linehan was happy to have him and was hoping he might win the starting job. Saban even said that Frerotte may have an advantage due to his familiarity with the system but, and I quote" After the recent mini camps, the word out of Miami is that Linehan is very happy with what he has found in Feeley and thinks he has the talent to win the starting job"....They said that they expected Frerotte to be much further ahead of Feeley than what he was at the camps. Supposedly the "competition" has swung to Feeley's favor.

I didn't start this thread to argue who is better or who deserves to start....I'm just telling you what I heard....Sorry, I don't know who was saying this but, what I reported is honest and accurate....take it for what it's worth.

If anybody else heard this, I'd appreciate the support. :)

I would expect at this juncture (pre-training camp), that Linehan would be saying nice things about all his quarterbacks, showing full support for all of them, desiring that they all enter the real competition for the starting job feeling confident.

BlueFin said:
I would expect at this juncture (pre-training camp), that Linehan would be saying nice things about all his quarterbacks, showing full support for all of them, desiring that they all enter the real competition for the starting job feeling confident.
Yeah, me too.

I would also expect to hear that Feeley needs to step up, if in fact, that was what he needed to do. So it's good to hear that he just needs to continue to do what he's doing.

feelthepain said:
Getting people to place the blame on what we saw last year you would think would be obvious, but some people aren't really diehard fin fans they just form an opinion based on what they here and read.

Sure AJ's numbers where not great last year but what player on the O had good numbers? It's easy to blame the QB if your a bias jill fan or an uneducated dolphin fan. But if you step back and look at the big picture and all the things that went wrong that had absolutley nothing to do with AJ, then you will see he was a victum of circumstance not the source of the problem. He got beat up more then anybody last year but he stayed tough and fought through the season and all some fans want to do is bust on him. How can anyone with a ounce of reason not give the guy a chance?? CC hasn't been outstanding since he's been here but fans love him. CC could have played harder and maybe made a probowl or two but it's very frustrating playing in such an inept O, players tend to quit trying if they know their hard work will be in vein. But AJ didn't quit, not even when he knew he was gonna take a beating.

There is more to evaluating a QB than his numbers that is definitely true!!! But the thing is, I watched Feeley play EVERY game last year, and YES he was put into a bad situation, but he played poorly even when he wasn't under pressure. Watching the guy play you saw no poise in the pocket, he stared down his WR's, he made horrible decisions under pressure, and when he wasn't under pressure. Now I will admit, these are all things that could be fixed, but he's too old and been in the league for too long to keep making excuses for him for too much longer. If he wins the job this year then fine........ I'll be confident that he's the best man for the job because I truly believe that Saban is going to play the guy that SHOULD BE PLAYING rather than when Wannstedt would just play whoever he liked for personal reasons or because of pressure from the fans and media. I really don't see what all the fuss is about though with the QB's this season............. If Feeley is our starter then FINE, if it's Gus then FINE. If Feeley starts then you will know he has much improved from last season, and if it's Gus then you should know that Gus is a much better player than AJ.........Either way it's a great situation!!!

inFINSible said:

I never heard who it was but they were in the studio and they were talking about the "soap opera" going on in the Miami QB "competition". They said the Frerotte was brought in to be the veteran back-up and Linehan was happy to have him and was hoping he might win the starting job. Saban even said that Frerotte may have an advantage due to his familiarity with the system but, and I quote" After the recent mini camps, the word out of Miami is that Linehan is very happy with what he has found in Feeley and thinks he has the talent to win the starting job"....They said that they expected Frerotte to be much further ahead of Feeley than what he was at the camps. Supposedly the "competition" has swung to Feeley's favor.

I didn't start this thread to argue who is better or who deserves to start....I'm just telling you what I heard....Sorry, I don't know who was saying this but, what I reported is honest and accurate....take it for what it's worth.

what's wrong with you...posting something positive on a Fins Message Board....C'MON...all i got to say is :shakeno:

J/K...That's what Justa would say... :shakeno: :eek: :tongue:

Thanks for the good news.

Go Fins!!!

Justasportsfan said:
I have a stalker. :shakeno: .............. :lol:

No...you don't...don't worry. but good one... :lol:

I figured it would be only a matter of time before you showed up... :D

Go Fins!!!

Sal Lisitano said:
No...you don't...don't worry. but good one... :lol:

I figured it would be only a matter of time before you showed up... :D

Go Fins!!!
You missed me :shakeno:

inFINSible said:

If this is true, this is very good news....thanks inFIN

feelthepain said:
Getting people to place the blame on what we saw last year you would think would be obvious, but some people aren't really diehard fin fans they just form an opinion based on what they here and read.

Sure AJ's numbers where not great last year but what player on the O had good numbers? It's easy to blame the QB if your a bias jill fan or an uneducated dolphin fan. But if you step back and look at the big picture and all the things that went wrong that had absolutley nothing to do with AJ, then you will see he was a victum of circumstance not the source of the problem. He got beat up more then anybody last year but he stayed tough and fought through the season and all some fans want to do is bust on him. How can anyone with a ounce of reason not give the guy a chance?? CC hasn't been outstanding since he's been here but fans love him. CC could have played harder and maybe made a probowl or two but it's very frustrating playing in such an inept O, players tend to quit trying if they know their hard work will be in vein. But AJ didn't quit, not even when he knew he was gonna take a beating.

:up:

BlueFin said:

Very true.

Before the draft, I had my opinions and doubts about the qb situation, but since it is now apparent that these are the guys we have, the slate is clean and it is in our best interest if AJ develops and performs and can be the future. I have faith that Saban and Linehan will only start him if they feel he has what it takes. If Gus starts, so be it, but it tells me we still have to look for our future guy.

The only thing I don't want to happen is for AJ to show just enough to win the job, but turn out not to have what it takes to lead us into the future. That would set us back. Either AJ is the future, or this season needs to prove he's not so we can draft accordingly. Obviously him being legitimately talented enough to be the future is what would be best for us, so InFins report is GOOD NEWS. I have no agenda other than success for the team, and if AJ can lead us there, he deserves his hot girlfriend!!

Back
Top Bottom