Lions Head Coach disparages Fins use of Reggie Bush | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions Head Coach disparages Fins use of Reggie Bush

72champagne

the annual ritual
Reaction score
from Rotoworld

Coach Jim Schwartz says the Lions plan to use Reggie Bush as he was utilized by Sean Payton in New Orleans.

"Our plan for him is a little bit different than (the Dolphins used Bush), maybe going back to a little more the way he was used with the New Orleans Saints," said Schwartz. "We think he can have a greater impact on the game when we give him the ball on his terms -- on our terms -- rather than running the ball into hard-eight boxes." Bush averaged 59 receptions per year with the Saints. We'd also anticipate Bush flirting with 200 carries in Detroit.

We used him in some very good ways running the ball which he was at his best in career at but we failed to use him properly in passing game

Now if coach gym shorts can figure out how to manage the clock and the rest of his players the lions might be underachievers this season

What keen insight Schwartz has. I'd give him a pat on the back, but...

We used Reggie the way Reggie always wanted to be used. We know how reggie performs in both roles. Persoanlly I would use a bit of both.

We used Reggie the way Reggie always wanted to be used. We know how reggie performs in both roles. Persoanlly I would use a bit of both.

He proved alot here running the ball, amazing how fans turned on him the second he was no longer here. He needed to be used more as a receiver though

Didn't Bush want to run against teams that had 8 in the box? That he wasn't a scat back?

from Rotoworld

Coach Jim Schwartz says the Lions plan to use Reggie Bush as he was utilized by Sean Payton in New Orleans.

"Our plan for him is a little bit different than (the Dolphins used Bush), maybe going back to a little more the way he was used with the New Orleans Saints," said Schwartz. "We think he can have a greater impact on the game when we give him the ball on his terms -- on our terms -- rather than running the ball into hard-eight boxes." Bush averaged 59 receptions per year with the Saints. We'd also anticipate Bush flirting with 200 carries in Detroit.

He is right.
Our use of Bush was abysmal.

it wouldn't surprise me if we regret letting reggie go.

for the money im not sure why we let him go. I mean whats more valuable as starting rb or a 3rd or 4th receiver and we could have had both

I think Lamar Miller will be a stud.

anything is possible but 50 carries is not a very large sample and there were games where he wasnt very efffective. I just think Bush's receiving ability and versatilty made him more valuable.

I said this before, the way we used Reggie was not what was best for the team. He is much more dangerous as a dual threat. With that said he wanted to be used as a 3 down back and that's what we did.

for the money im not sure why we let him go. I mean whats more valuable as starting rb or a 3rd or 4th receiver and we could have had both
exactly. thomas is a bum, miller is unproven. all we did was create a hole for no apparent reason.

Back
Top Bottom