Lions Head Coach disparages Fins use of Reggie Bush | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lions Head Coach disparages Fins use of Reggie Bush

I said this before, the way we used Reggie was not what was best for the team. He is much more dangerous as a dual threat. With that said he wanted to be used as a 3 down back and that's what we did.

he did well we just should have used him more in passing game

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

exactly. thomas is a bum, miller is unproven. all we did was create a hole for no apparent reason.

I agree there. Im not sure why teams are letting backs walk for so little money. Some have perception that good backs can be found more easily but its like any other position better talent makes betetr team

for the money im not sure why we let him go. I mean whats more valuable as starting rb or a 3rd or 4th receiver and we could have had both

Not complicated. Ireland and Philbin had decided on Miller. It was glaring early last season, the moment Reggie was benched.

He wasn't going to be brought back, regardless of price. If you keep Reggie and he's outperforming Miller, suddenly you're wrong. The master plan has a dent.

Far more comfortable to get rid of Reggie and eliminate the direct comparison. Minus the direct comparison, there's no chance of being wrong, and you can focus on other things, like overpaying somebody from another team, somebody you suddenly have an interest in, and undertake the always-brilliant scheme of watching each and every play on tape.

He's right, what can you do lol. I wish Bush the best.
We got too much in front of us now though, exciting times are ahead for Dolphin fans!

He's right, what can you do lol. I wish Bush the best.
We got too much in front of us now though, exciting times are ahead for Dolphin fans!

be more exciting with Bush back, love how people annoint a back that had 50 carries last year and most in basically meaningless time in games

from Rotoworld

Coach Jim Schwartz says the Lions plan to use Reggie Bush as he was utilized by Sean Payton in New Orleans.

"Our plan for him is a little bit different than (the Dolphins used Bush), maybe going back to a little more the way he was used with the New Orleans Saints," said Schwartz. "We think he can have a greater impact on the game when we give him the ball on his terms -- on our terms -- rather than running the ball into hard-eight boxes." Bush averaged 59 receptions per year with the Saints. We'd also anticipate Bush flirting with 200 carries in Detroit.

At least Coach Schwartz was smart enough to make that decision.

For a team desperately lacking playmakers last year, our staff stubbornly refused to utilize one of the only ones we had. I'll never understand it .... oh wait yes I do. They didn't want to pay him if he put together a huge season and of course the greatest part about new regimes - he wasn't their guy.

I hope Reggie absolutely tears it up next year for the Lions. He's going to have all kinds of opportunity in that offense.

At least Coach Schwartz was smart enough to make that decision.

For a team desperately lacking playmakers last year, our staff stubbornly refused to utilize one of the only ones we had. I'll never understand it .... oh wait yes I do. They didn't want to pay him if he put together a huge season and of course the greatest part about new regimes - he wasn't their guy.

I hope Reggie absolutely tears it up next year for the Lions. He's going to have all kinds of opportunity in that offense.

Swartz better hope so this is his last chance

be more exciting with Bush back, love how people annoint a back that had 50 carries last year and most in basically meaningless time in games

Not sure I agree with that 2nd part. Don't remember him being a garbage time back, he was mixed in there pretty evenly in my opinion.

I liked reggie alot but i cant wait to see what miller can do. Reggie danced in the hole too much alot of the time and left yards on the field. Miller hits the hole hard and i think hes a home run threat too.

I keep saying there had to be more than meets the eye in us not bringing him back. A playmaker like that for pretty cheap. I'm happy how our offseason is going so far. But this is the one move I don't like. I think we would have been better next year w bush than without.

Reggie came here wanting to prove he could run inside and be an every down back and he did.
Were his receiving skills underused ? No doubt but what I think did him in was all the negative , drive killing runs .That's one reason his YPC dipped this year

Good guy and good player but Philbin seems to want a one cut WCO style back that never dances in the hole.
Miller may be that guy but has not shown enough yet to be handed the #1 back title. With 11 picks I'm sure they'll take a flyer on a RB in the latter rounds

He proved alot here running the ball, amazing how fans turned on him the second he was no longer here. He needed to be used more as a receiver though

Bush actually impressed me a lot more than I thought he would. He was a major part of our offense last year. I am not convinced Miller will be able to replace him.

I would have kept Reggie, and believe he wanted to stay so bad, we could have paid him what Detroit is but on a 2 year deal. And yes, I wish we would have used him more as a receiver out of the backfield. That said though, the fact remains that if I want expert offensive advise, I sure wouldn't have gone to Schwartz when he was a DC and certainly not now when he's a hapless HC.

Not sure I agree with that 2nd part. Don't remember him being a garbage time back, he was mixed in there pretty evenly in my opinion.

Im not sure how mnay games u watched because thats far from true. In a few games yes

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

I would have kept Reggie, and believe he wanted to stay so bad, we could have paid him what Detroit is but on a 2 year deal. And yes, I wish we would have used him more as a receiver out of the backfield. That said though, the fact remains that if I want expert offensive advise, I sure wouldn't have gone to Schwartz when he was a DC and certainly not now when he's a hapless HC.

Well i dont care about his background if what he says is correct and u seem to quite agree with what he says

Schwartz isn't even the OC, Linehan is and he's Top 5 in the NFL.

Matt Stafford had a down season last year with as much INT's as TD's or close to it, I forgot the stats, yet he still nearly had 5000 yards passing. Pretty sure Linehan can bring out the best of Bush too.

Bush is going to fit in their system very easily there and it is true we did use him well in the running game but very poorly in the passing game - no getting around that.

With that said, I don't think he would have accepted a 2 year deal when he could (and did) get a long term deal like the one he got from Detroit. If I'm the Dolphins, as much as I wanted him back, I don't think I'd want to give him 4 years, either. I would have loved to have him back on a similar deal to what he signed the first time, but if he was willing to accept that and we didn't give it to him, then I'd call that a mistake.

We will never know and at this point, just need to move forward.

Back
Top Bottom